Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

It's going down in Sydney

It's going down in Sydney

Old Dec 18th 2014, 1:04 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It's going down in Sydney

Originally Posted by Beoz
No Cookies | dailytelegraph.com.au

QUOTE=spouse of scouse;11505188] I'm so glad about that too
In a weird way I thought this was a nice article ..... The Telegraph ..... Cough cough[/QUOTE]

The Telegraph want to be careful - they're reporting something decent for a change! I agree totally Beoz, it was a good article and the views expressed by the Muslim funeral directors does me old heart good. Thanks for sharing the link xx
Old Dec 18th 2014, 2:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
In a weird way I thought this was a nice article ..... The Telegraph ..... Cough cough

The Telegraph want to be careful - they're reporting something decent for a change! I agree totally Beoz, it was a good article and the views expressed by the Muslim funeral directors does me old heart good. Thanks for sharing the link xx
Yep its all healthy.

I said on a thread many months ago the Islamic community need to take ownership of radicals. This article demonstrates they are which is fantastic. Good for them.
Old Dec 18th 2014, 7:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Yep its all healthy.

I said on a thread many months ago the Islamic community need to take ownership of radicals. This article demonstrates they are which is fantastic. Good for them.
I wonder did you just word that poorly.
Old Dec 18th 2014, 8:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

The great positive out of this event is, it has finally sunken home to the majority of the Aus populace, that there in indeed a great difference between the majority of Muslims and the lunatic fringe.
Old Dec 19th 2014, 6:34 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
The great positive out of this event is, it has finally sunken home to the majority of the Aus populace, that there in indeed a great difference between the majority of Muslims and the lunatic fringe.
I have someone on my FB friends list that is there just so I can see what mischief he's up to. He's a serial pest in our area & will front a cause that will get him attention in the local media.
He's also the local gun shop owner & reading some of the comments on his more inflammatory posts really makes you cringe. He advocates that all Australians be able to open carry handguns etc etc, [he's in the business of selling them so of course he advocates it]
I know your perception of QLD & Queenslanders from previous posts but I'd never seen that for myself. A read of some of those comments on his posts & I see exactly how you'd come to that conclusion. I had the temerity to suggest that some of the [I won't type the words here] had lived here since the 1860's long before many of the rednecks that want to send them home. I won't be stepping in there again, it's worse than the lounge
Old Dec 19th 2014, 9:48 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
I have someone on my FB friends list that is there just so I can see what mischief he's up to. He's a serial pest in our area & will front a cause that will get him attention in the local media.
He's also the local gun shop owner & reading some of the comments on his more inflammatory posts really makes you cringe. He advocates that all Australians be able to open carry handguns etc etc, [he's in the business of selling them so of course he advocates it]
I know your perception of QLD & Queenslanders from previous posts but I'd never seen that for myself. A read of some of those comments on his posts & I see exactly how you'd come to that conclusion. I had the temerity to suggest that some of the [I won't type the words here] had lived here since the 1860's long before many of the rednecks that want to send them home. I won't be stepping in there again, it's worse than the lounge
You're an extremely nice Grumpy Poppy
Old Dec 19th 2014, 10:18 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

You're an extremely nice Grumpy Poppy
Ha ha ha my two eldest grand-kids christened me that a number of years ago & their mum changed my nic to say grumpy poppy, I didn't notice for ages.
Old Dec 19th 2014, 9:21 pm
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

In a weird way I thought this was a nice article ..... The Telegraph ..... Cough cough

oh no lets not pollute the sea.

can we entomb him in solid concrete first.
Old Dec 19th 2014, 11:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commonwealth
oh no lets not pollute the sea.

can we entomb him in solid concrete first.
Just leave him out for the dingoes.
Old Dec 20th 2014, 7:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

No we are better than that. We need to remember our values and who we are and not to resort to revenge and savage primitive behaviour, best left for other less developed on the human scale that advocate these type of reprisals.
Old Dec 20th 2014, 10:09 am
Concierge

Ha ha ha my two eldest grand-kids christened me that a number of years ago & their mum changed my nic to say grumpy poppy, I didn't notice for ages.

Better than what my kids nicknamed my Dad. We were all swimming in Dad's pool one day and while Poppa was climbing out he had a 'wardrobe malfunction'. My 14 year old son promptly christened him Poppy Plums, much to Dad's mortification. He was known as Poppy Plums forever more
Old Dec 20th 2014, 10:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

Lol it started in 1400s & ended in 1800s so I suppose we can expect another 300 or so years of Islamic extremism before it matures like Catholicism. Then it will just settle into clerics buggering small boys until there's a public enquiry.............
Christians are still massacring thousands of people today, but our media likes to forget that...

Lord's Resistance Army - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And there's many more after them.. But it's easier to blame the Muslims for everything currently!
Old Dec 20th 2014, 12:09 pm
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

i wonder if no funeral parlour takes him - will medical students be willing to use his body for science?
Old Dec 20th 2014, 11:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tramps_mate
Christians are still massacring thousands of people today, but our media likes to forget that...

And there's many more after them.. But it's easier to blame the Muslims for everything currently!
Afraid there was always going to be an enemy needed after the demise of the Soviet Union and Maoism in China. Vested interests and all that.
Old Dec 22nd 2014, 10:33 pm
Forum Regular

ABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tramps_mate

The Lord's Resistance Army, aka "Uganda People's Democratic Army". Joseph Kony's (an international criminal) very well publicised activities of his private army.
Joseph Kony is hiding out on Sudan border, report claims | World news | The Guardian
BBC News - Joseph Kony: Profile of the LRA leader