Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Items from US Online stores that won't ship to Aus?

Items from US Online stores that won't ship to Aus?

Old Jul 14th 2008, 11:59 pm
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Items from US Online stores that won't ship to Aus?

Hi all,

There was a thread on here within the last few months regarding companies that order stuff for you from US companies and get it shipped to them in the US and then forward it to you in Aus for a fee.

I have www.priceusa.com.au but I can't find the post I need! I have searched and googled but I must be using the wring search phrase!

Can anyone help?

Thanks.
Old Jul 15th 2008, 12:26 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Items from US Online stores that won't ship to Aus?

Originally Posted by tking
Hi all,

There was a thread on here within the last few months regarding companies that order stuff for you from US companies and get it shipped to them in the US and then forward it to you in Aus for a fee.

I have www.priceusa.com.au but I can't find the post I need! I have searched and googled but I must be using the wring search phrase!

Can anyone help?

Thanks.
I use this mob:
http://mymailboxusa.com/

I've had no problems with them.
Old Jul 15th 2008, 12:28 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

Perfect, many thanks - you're a very helpful poster!
Old Jul 15th 2008, 4:22 am
No Clean Feed

bigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I use this mob:
http://mymailboxusa.com/

I've had no problems with them.
How do they handle import declarations and stuff like that. I'm sick of getting 50% of the purchase cost added onto my purchases of T-Shirts and the like.

Have you ever had to pay any extra and if it's not too personal or rude what was it ?

Al
Old Jul 15th 2008, 4:25 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bigAPE
How do they handle import declarations and stuff like that. I'm sick of getting 50% of the purchase cost added onto my purchases of T-Shirts and the like.

Have you ever had to pay any extra and if it's not too personal or rude what was it ?

Al
You are allowed to import goods to the value of AUD1000 without paying any tax or duty. I've never has to pay extra.
Old Jul 15th 2008, 1:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tking
Hi all,

Can anyone help?

Thanks.
There's also http://www.ishop-america.com/ which was on a thread recently
Old Jul 16th 2008, 5:16 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Al

Who are you ordering your Tshirts from? I use Cafe Press all the time and have never had to pay any extra duty...

S
Old Jul 16th 2008, 6:47 am
No Clean Feed

bigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Who are you ordering your Tshirts from? I use Cafe Press all the time and have never had to pay any extra duty...
OK, confession time. I was in fact referring to purchases made from the UK with US online stores. I was once charges £35 on top of a purchase of £40 worth of T-shirts on from ThinkGeek. Total rip off. I'm glad things are different here.

These sites look really great
Old Jul 16th 2008, 6:50 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

OK, confession time. I was in fact referring to purchases made from the UK with US online stores. I was once charges £35 on top of a purchase of £40 worth of T-shirts on from ThinkGeek. Total rip off. I'm glad things are different here.

These sites look really great

Yeah, the import limit of $1k is really good. I purchased an MP3 player from the US a couple of months ago, and it was literally half the price of the same model here.

It's time the great Australian consuming public woke up to it.

S
Old Jul 16th 2008, 7:30 am
No Clean Feed

I just tried one of those shops to purchase a $50 top as an example. It quoted me $50 20 day shipping to Australia and an option to pre-pay Australia Duty and Taxes of $30. Total cost including handling $136...

Interesting that they seem to think there will be duty due.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 7:35 am
Proudly Deplorable

I just tried one of those shops to purchase a $50 top as an example. It quoted me $50 20 day shipping to Australia and an option to pre-pay Australia Duty and Taxes of $30. Total cost including handling $136...

Interesting that they seem to think there will be duty due.
I think that $30 went in their pocket.......
Old Jul 16th 2008, 7:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I think that $30 went in their pocket.......
Thats really good information. The best part, and remember I work for Aus Post, as long as they are prepared to put gift and less than 1,000 bucks in Value on the Item, then you will never ever pay duty... Postal Goods hardly ever attract import duty. Whereas DHL and Fed Ex, seem to cop a lot.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 8:57 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Mrs Wol asked about getting some curtain material here: the usual go-around - takes weeks (AKA months), too much trouble, no call for it etc etc.

She phoned the haberdashery shop in our old Sussex village ( where they've only just discovered electricity) and ordered it from them. It took seven days to arrive, wholesaler to shop to Oz and cost less than half the Oz price, inc. postage. No duty.

Trying to buy almost anything here is like banging your head against a brick wall. And the excuses.....
Old Jul 16th 2008, 11:00 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol
Trying to buy almost anything here is like banging your head against a brick wall. And the excuses.....
Ain't that the truth - been here nearly three months and still waiting for our car, because we wanted a Manual.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 11:21 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seasider
Ain't that the truth - been here nearly three months and still waiting for our car, because we wanted a Manual.
Whereas in Singapore you'd probably have it the day before yesterday <g>.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.