Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

iphone OS4 - Anyone got it yet?

iphone OS4 - Anyone got it yet?

Old Jun 23rd 2010, 9:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: iphone OS4 - Anyone got it yet?

Took a while to download for me too and I didnt watch it install so got no idea how long that took.

Love the folders, I was getting fed up flicking backwards and forwards all the time. Took a while to work out the fabled multi-tasking (basically just a list of your last 4 apps open). Also like the wallpaper although do get a bit anxious when the top of my granddaughter's head separates from the bottom (yup, she's my wallpaper, of course). Havent tried the keyboard yet. I think I have to unpair my keyboard from the laptop it is currently paired with first - difficult because the laptop is in a different state at the mo. Maybe a new keyboard is required. The zoom on the camera is looking good too.
Old Jun 24th 2010, 11:01 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Downloaded it, didn't take too long & no probs installing. Does seem a little sluggish since though
Old Jun 24th 2010, 11:25 am
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

iPhone 4 is out in the UK today.

Issues with signal when being held in the hand , and yellow blobs appearing on the screens after a few hours use.

Will keep my 3GS until issues are sorted.
Old Jun 24th 2010, 5:49 pm
In Perth & Loving it...

aus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by quoll
Took a while to download for me too and I didnt watch it install so got no idea how long that took.

Love the folders, I was getting fed up flicking backwards and forwards all the time. Took a while to work out the fabled multi-tasking (basically just a list of your last 4 apps open).

Try swiping to the left and you should see more than 4 apps open at any one time.

Also like the wallpaper although do get a bit anxious when the top of my granddaughter's head separates from the bottom (yup, she's my wallpaper, of course).

When you're setting your wallpaper have you tried pinch to zoom to get you photo the correct size for the screen?

Havent tried the keyboard yet. I think I have to unpair my keyboard from the laptop it is currently paired with first - difficult because the laptop is in a different state at the mo. Maybe a new keyboard is required. The zoom on the camera is looking good too.
Hope this helps?
Old Jun 24th 2010, 9:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Yup I did find them by swiping thanks. No the wallpaper is fine it's just that when I open a folder the top of her head separates from the bottom to open up all the apps in the folder - looks like they are opening her cranium to get to the brain

Have now paired with the Apple keyboard - it must have been unused for so long that it didnt mind pairing with a second unit. All my Christmases have come at once and my trusty Palm is now comfortably retired as I now have my databases and keyboard all covered. Now to buy a folding bluetooth keyboard!
Old Jun 25th 2010, 12:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

If your 3G is slow after upgrade switch phone off and on.
Old Jun 25th 2010, 12:37 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fish.01
If your 3G is slow after upgrade switch phone off and on.
That's much better, thanks.
Old Jun 25th 2010, 9:06 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

My 3Gs calendar alerts have been playing up, anyone else had that problem?!
Old Jul 7th 2010, 1:36 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

OS4 has slowed my phone 3G wayyyy down, anyone else had this prob? I presume apple will have had feedback on this so let's hope there's a fix soon!!!
Old Jul 7th 2010, 2:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
OS4 has slowed my phone 3G wayyyy down, anyone else had this prob? I presume apple will have had feedback on this so let's hope there's a fix soon!!!
No, but my colleague with a 3G says hers is slower.

I am enjoying the bluetooth keyboard thing but the lag is going to be very frustrating so hope they can fix that as well
Old Jul 7th 2010, 3:07 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
I haven't done the update and neither has hubby but we have heard that it slows things down especially facebook, so I won't be doing it till the problem's solved.
Old Jul 7th 2010, 6:28 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Bl**dy thing! GRRR lol
Old Jul 7th 2010, 3:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

I assume those with slow 3G phones tried turning them off and on again?
Old Jul 7th 2010, 5:23 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by fish.01
I assume those with slow 3G phones tried turning them off and on again?
lololol yes
Old Jul 7th 2010, 9:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

bezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of light

Just had a decent gander at the iPhone 4 today. Felt nice enough but not life changing if you have a 3gs.

Lots of reports here about lack of signal when being held whilst Face Talk is dependant upon WiFi so a bit limited at present.

Hope that helps

Bezza

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.