Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

iphone OS4 - Anyone got it yet?

iphone OS4 - Anyone got it yet?

Old Jun 22nd 2010, 9:11 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Default iphone OS4 - Anyone got it yet?

Just curious if anyone has downloaded the new OS4 yet for their 3G or 3GS, I was about to but it said it'd take over an hour so I'll wait til I'm home from school.
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 9:39 pm
Melbourne - NE suburbs

DownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: iphone OS4 - Anyone got it yet?

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Just curious if anyone has downloaded the new OS4 yet for their 3G or 3GS, I was about to but it said it'd take over an hour so I'll wait til I'm home from school.
A couple of my friends downloaded and installed it yesterday without issues. They both reported it took well over an hour to complete.
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 9:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Was wondering how long it would take, so thanks for the info. I will be waiting until after work as well then! Havent backed up the darned thing for so long it has taken about 15 minutes to back up and still not quite finished this morning!
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 10:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

bezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of light

Downloaded iOS4 last night - at the second attempt.

Took about two and a half hours to download in total and then another 20 to install etc.

Main difference is the multitasking and the new fornt end to the mail. The multitasking is sooo good - double press on the home button and all the running appes appear - swipe through and access the one you want.

Folders not a real help - far too small to see what's in there!

No obvious glitches and apparently the folders will be updated in due course.

Bezza
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 3:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone tried the tethering to a bluetooth keyboard yet? Is it just the Apple one or has anyone tried one of the small fold up types? This may be all I need to be able to get rid of my beloved Palm once and for all.
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 3:50 am
Living the dream!

kar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to all

I updated mine yesterday, no problems, but took about an hour and a half, at least!

Updated my son's iPod Touch and it has a few of the features missing! No wallpaper background and no multi-tasking!
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 6:22 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

If my OH tries to download the OS4 onto his jailbroken (purchased in Singapore) iphone 3GS, is there a new jailbreak for it yet?
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 7:04 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by kar-kier
I updated mine yesterday, no problems, but took about an hour and a half, at least!

Updated my son's iPod Touch and it has a few of the features missing! No wallpaper background and no multi-tasking!
Apparently the 3G wont have multi-tasking so that could be the same for the ipod touches?
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 7:37 am
Bright in Orange

Scotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond repute

just done it - takes an hour or so and no problems so far
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 7:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

I downloaded it yesterday and mine did not take anything like an hour to download. Mine was done in less than half and hour, so not sure why others are taking so long.

No problems so far.

Gems
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 7:47 am
Bright in Orange

Scotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gems
I downloaded it yesterday and mine did not take anything like an hour to download. Mine was done in less than half and hour, so not sure why others are taking so long.

No problems so far.

Gems
It took about 40 mins to download (live a fair bit from the exchange!) and 20 mins or so to install, shut down, restart, and resync
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 9:20 am
Living the dream!

kar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Apparently the 3G wont have multi-tasking so that could be the same for the ipod touches?
Ah, thanks Jen!!!
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 12:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute

Took about 4 mins to download (I'm on the FTTP trial )

About 20 to install on the phone, folders really useful - the comment about them being to small is not relevant, they aren't meant to be seen, they are meant to be used like a category e.g News apps, Games etc
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 3:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

Downloaded it 2 minutes after it was released. Took 15 mins to download it (internet must be slow in Oz lol) and it installed in about 10 mins.

Seems to run quicker than 3.1.3 did on the 3GS.
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 8:34 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Mine too FOREVER, but so far, so good! Shame there's no multi-tasking in the 3G but what I've never had I wont miss! lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.