Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Interviewed, References checked. But?

Interviewed, References checked. But?

Old Aug 8th 2010, 5:01 am
BE Enthusiast

charw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant future
Default Re: Interviewed, References checked. But?

Originally Posted by Pollyana
! Nor do you know what anyone thinks about it as its way outside the subjects discussed in this thread

But the bottom line is? Sorry if it's too agrieved!

Old Aug 8th 2010, 5:30 am
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by charw

Bottom line is.... There are many immigrants who believe that they have some kind of superior skills...because the media spin and attitude in their countries portray this as been accurate.

Fact is the proof is in the pudding due to past experiences... Industry has determined that this is indeed not the case.

It only business after all.
Old Aug 8th 2010, 5:37 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by charw

..the bottom line to the point I was making there was that the statement
Originally Posted by shuvo27
"I see thousends of drug addicts doing nothing but surviving on doul and you don't have headache about that,
has nowt to do with the thread, and I'm still wondering how shuvo27 knows whether any of us have a headache over drug addicts
Old Aug 8th 2010, 7:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

If you talk sense, thousends come here on protection visa/ asylum visa showing fake papers, bullshit stories of harassment stories, wallop centerlink money here for years and even work on cash and don't bother about paying tax. I see thousends of drug addicts doing nothing but surviving on doul and you don't have headache about that, but you have problems on where a little investment would contribute 100 times more on the economy and tax return. That's called ignorance.
If I talk sense? How did you get onto the subject of asylum seekers and drug addicts from this conversation. I cannot see a link to be honest.

Seriosuly though, I do think you will do a lot better if you knock off the whining and the moaning because people are not going out of their way to help you settle in. I don't know what you were expecting but most of us making this move fully expecting to have to make our own way in life and under my illusions that the government or businesses would be bending over backwards to help us. They have more important things to do, the sooner you realise this the better. Your inability and unwillingness to take responsibility for yourself and your needy attitude just stinks.
Old Aug 8th 2010, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

shuvo27 has a spectacular aura aboutshuvo27 has a spectacular aura aboutshuvo27 has a spectacular aura about

No one was whinning and moaning here for any kind of help, but just pointing out the fact that this is the only place on the earth where "Local Experience" negates a person's years of experience abroad.And if that is the case and the industry is so desperate for skilled labour input in the market, then there could be a bridgeway that would help both the parties. Its really easy to comment like these for some of you sitting in a armchair, but the reality is totally different for people on the other side of the story. And instead of supporting their cause you people would rather waste your tax money for funding druggist junkies on the street or asylum seekers but resist any fruitful approach to solve problems that would help the economy and its future citizens.
Old Aug 8th 2010, 11:05 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

No one was whinning and moaning here for any kind of help, but just pointing out the fact that this is the only place on the earth where "Local Experience" negates a person's years of experience abroad.And if that is the case and the industry is so desperate for skilled labour input in the market, then there could be a bridgeway that would help both the parties. Its really easy to comment like these for some of you sitting in a armchair, but the reality is totally different for people on the other side of the story. And instead of supporting their cause you people would rather waste your tax money for funding druggist junkies on the street or asylum seekers but resist any fruitful approach to solve problems that would help the economy and its future citizens.
As I've said before, I can't see on what grounds you can suggest that anyone on here is supporting "druggist junkies". Some maybe, I most certainly do not, and have no time for them.
Also you might do well to remember that many of us sitting in our armchairs have already arrived in Australia as migrants and fought our way into a workplace that liks "local experience". Please don't assume its been easy for us all, because I promise you it hasn't
Old Aug 8th 2010, 11:27 am
BE Enthusiast

wookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nice

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
Quick tip- don't do any of these in the interview

http://work911.com/articles/humorinterviews.htm
however i agree with

9. "... asked to see interviewer's resume to see if the personnel executive was qualified to judge the candidate."

some people which interview the applicate are not qualified to interview you. this happens alot in IT. Tech interview is dont by junior middle level staff

Last edited by wookiee06; Aug 8th 2010 at 11:32 am. Reason: dfdghj
Old Aug 8th 2010, 11:43 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wookiee06
however i agree with

9. "... asked to see interviewer's resume to see if the personnel executive was qualified to judge the candidate."

some people which interview the applicate are not qualified to interview you. this happens alot in IT. Tech interview is dont by junior middle level staff
This happens a lot when seeing recruitment agents that's why companies should do their own recruitment as the agent is often not qualified to interview a specific candidate. I can tell when I start asking questions and the interviewer can't answer
Old Aug 8th 2010, 12:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

wookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nice

This happens a lot when seeing recruitment agents that's why companies should do their own recruitment as the agent is often not qualified to interview a specific candidate. I can tell when I start asking questions and the interviewer can't answer
I have experience this at companies, agents are well known to not anything.
Old Aug 8th 2010, 12:03 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wookiee06
I have experience this at companies, agents are well known to not anything.
Yeh but at least if its the company then you can decide if you want to work for them and give it your best shot, or not.
Old Aug 8th 2010, 12:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yeh but at least if its the company then you can decide if you want to work for them and give it your best shot, or not.
what trade are you?

Germany and UK companies can bin you if they dont like your face, but other places included australia seem to give u a far shot at the job.

I found australian interviewers to be very understanding, and polite. The ones i never got. the guy which interviewed me, emailed me an explained why i didnt get the job. which i thought was very polite.

causeeu dont get this in europe.
Old Aug 8th 2010, 2:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by man_called_Horse
Bottom line is.... There are many immigrants who believe that they have some kind of superior skills...because the media spin and attitude in their countries portray this as been accurate.
Funny you should say this. I see migrants as having enough to get a tick in the box but I would never say they are all highly skilled, educated or even savvy. Original new topic perhaps?!

There does seem to be a sense of entitlement in many migrants, Brits too.
Old Aug 8th 2010, 2:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Funny you should say this. I see migrants as having enough to get a tick in the box but I would never say they are all highly skilled, educated or even savvy. Original new topic perhaps?!

There does seem to be a sense of entitlement in many migrants, Brits too.
16th March 2009 the deludement

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...&postcount=825

17th June 2010. The reality

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...6&postcount=18
Old Aug 8th 2010, 7:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Has it occurred to you that is Australian companies were quite so desperate for skilled migrants that they would have done some of the things you would like them to? Do you think you alone would have come up with this revolutionary idea? Your delusions continue. There are quite enough local candidates and suitable candidates from overseas to slot right in you see and companies are not there to provide charity to new migrants, they are there for the shareholders.

And as to my comfortable arm chair, well if only. I arrived here one month ago yesterday and have nothing much more than an airbed, two mugs, two plates and two suitcases. But we have work and we shall be on our feet soon enough and I am not expecting, and have never expected, to do anything other than make my own way.

Oh and you think you haven't been moaning? I've read four pages of it!
Old Aug 10th 2010, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

shuvo27 has a spectacular aura aboutshuvo27 has a spectacular aura aboutshuvo27 has a spectacular aura about

if Unjustifying the curse of Local experience and treachery of the agents seem moaning to you...then I guess you are one of the agents or you intend to be one...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.