Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

insurance for personal items during first 4/6 weeks in Australia

insurance for personal items during first 4/6 weeks in Australia

Old May 26th 2010, 8:05 am
Account Closed

myrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of light
Default insurance for personal items during first 4/6 weeks in Australia

Hi folks .....
I've trawled through the search facility but can't quite get the exact answer I need - here's hoping for help We are currently looking at travel insurance and have got the names of a few good places through searching on here - but what do we do about the 4-6 weeks we have booked initially for furnished accommodation. We will have lap-tops and iphones, wii etc and can't seem to find sufficient cover for this length of time. Was wondering how others have managed?
Old May 26th 2010, 8:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: insurance for personal items during first 4/6 weeks in Australia

I would take out a normal contents insurance, and then once the rest of your stuff arrives you can up the amount and change the address etc and pay the extra. I think the minimum most places will insure you for is about $30k of contents.

Try someone like AAIMI, they are usually pretty competitive.

Love

Rudi
x