Insurance ha ha

Old Dec 9th 2003, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

PeterAndSue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Insurance ha ha

Something people should be aware of !

I was trying to get a quote for life insurance for myself for when we went to Aus ( nothing to do with Aus, being more dangerous than the UK ie. spiders).

Phoned up the Norwich Union and went through the Quote only to find out at the end its only open to UK residends.

So check your life Insurance is still valid when living abroad !
Old Dec 9th 2003, 6:52 pm
WBB

Default Re: Insurance ha ha

Originally posted by PeterAndSue

I was trying to get a quote for life insurance for myself for when we went to Aus ( nothing to do with Aus, being more dangerous than the UK ie. spiders).

Phoned up the Norwich Union and went through the Quote only to find out at the end its only open to UK residends.

i think you are right about most life insurance firms there, they will have something in the small print.

Old Dec 9th 2003, 11:19 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Insurance ha ha

Originally posted by PeterAndSue

I checked with M&S, who do my life assurance that I would be covered if I moved to Australia. They told me I would. I think I made them put it in writing.

That's not to say I am. I'd bet money that the bloke didn't know what he was talking about and if I died they wouldn't pay out.

That's insurance for you, you pay the premiums, sometimes you claim, sometimes they pay, sometimes they don't.