Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Injured possum help!

Injured possum help!

Old Oct 28th 2006, 1:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

kellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Injured possum help!

Originally Posted by mickagnew
Well done Kelly, hows it going down there?

Mick n Claire
Hi guys! Its going really well thanks. We are approaching our second month and really settling into things. I've started driving lessons which I never thought I would do and am getting lessons in return for typing up my instructors university coursework so I'm not having to pay for most of em! As you can see by my plea for help, I just got close and personal with a ringtailed possum, he was lovely! Anyone that says they are like big rats havent got a clue! We have a lizard that lives behind the toilet and a bat colony opposite and the only downside are the roaches After a rocky start both my girls are happier than they ever were in the UK, and thats moving at a difficult age (14 and 12). My only downside, still not working :-( How about you lot? When you planning on moving over?
Old Oct 28th 2006, 1:13 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kellyjs
Anyone that says they are like big rats havent got a clue!
What sort of idiot says that? Possums are lovely! (Though when they're dancing on my roof at 2 am, I might retract that statement temporarily)

We have a lizard that lives behind the toilet and a bat colony opposite and the only downside are the roaches
Nice! At least the bats and the lizard have plenty to eat.

Nice your girls are doing well.
Old Oct 28th 2006, 1:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

kellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
You now have to PM a mod Kelly & change your name to Batwoman.
lol, you never know, I may just do that
Old Oct 28th 2006, 1:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

mickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud of

Glad its all working out good, stick at it.

We are doing a reccie to perth in the 1st two weeks of Jan and hoping to make the big move in June / July all being well, house sale etc. Theres so much to sort out, but sure we will get there, all being well on the reccie that is.

Keep well and post up your own 2 month and settling in thread when u get a chance.

Mick n Claire
Old Oct 28th 2006, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nice! At least the bats and the lizard have plenty to eat.

Thats what I keep telling the girls when Bob (the lizard) shoots out from the bog roll but they aint having any of it ;-)
Old Oct 28th 2006, 1:33 pm
Account Closed

Thats what I keep telling the girls when Bob (the lizard) shoots out from the bog roll but they aint having any of it ;-)

LOL - you named him! They'll get used to him... eventually.
Old Oct 28th 2006, 1:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mickagnew
Glad its all working out good, stick at it.

We are doing a reccie to perth in the 1st two weeks of Jan and hoping to make the big move in June / July all being well, house sale etc. Theres so much to sort out, but sure we will get there, all being well on the reccie that is.

Keep well and post up your own 2 month and settling in thread when u get a chance.

Mick n Claire
Will do guys, and I'll be posting the 2 month update soon...so much to tell I dont know where to start! I have to say that the peeps on this site have seen me through though, people have been amazing, whether it be with a bit if advice, or just some encouraging words
Kels x
Old Oct 28th 2006, 1:38 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Injured possum help!

Good onya Kelly! Please do let us know how the little geezer gets on.
Old Oct 28th 2006, 1:39 pm
Account Closed

Will do guys, and I'll be posting the 2 month update soon...so much to tell I dont know where to start! I have to say that the peeps on this site have seen me through though, people have been amazing, whether it be with a bit if advice, or just some encouraging words
Kels x

And now you're a bat rescue chick! Seriously cool.
Old Oct 28th 2006, 1:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by iPom
LOL - you named him! They'll get used to him... eventually.
It gets worse...meet Bob
Attached Thumbnails Injured possum help!-meet-bob.jpg  
Old Oct 28th 2006, 1:47 pm
Account Closed

It gets worse...meet Bob

Awww, hello Bob. What a funny place to take up residence. Maybe he's the shy and retiring type of skink.

(Or maybe he's flushed with his own success... or can't get a handle on life... or bowl-ed over...)

Last edited by iPom; Oct 28th 2006 at 2:00 pm. Reason: Addition of bad pun...
Old Oct 28th 2006, 1:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by iPom
Awww, hello Bob. What a funny place to take up residence. Maybe he's the shy and retiring type of skink.

(Or maybe he's flushed with his own sucess... or can't get a handle on life... or bowl-ed over...)
ha ha ha, now THAT made me giggle ..well done!
Old Oct 28th 2006, 1:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

I feel all flushed now
Old Oct 28th 2006, 1:59 pm
Account Closed

You try to fit in 'Cistern' though.... 'Cisterns are doing it for themselves' maybe...
Old Oct 28th 2006, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

now come on,time to put a stop to it, this whole thread has gone down the pan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.