Reload this Page >

Initial Settlement in VIC

Initial Settlement in VIC

Old Jul 30th 2009, 3:35 am
Forum Regular

Ajay.Venk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Initial Settlement in VIC

Hi Guys,

I hv few question about initial settlement in VIC. Pls be kind enough to answer those.

1. What are the web sites for find rent a car in VIC? How is deposit goes when we get rent a car? Do we have to have Australian credit Card to get rent a car?

2.What are the web sites which has rent houses and shared accommodation?

3. What are the web sites which has used car to buy?

Pls advice me on above.

Thanks ,
Ajay
Old Jul 30th 2009, 4:08 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Initial Settlement in VIC

1. What are the web sites for find rent a car in VIC? How is deposit goes when we get rent a car? Do we have to have Australian credit Card to get rent a car?

You don't need an Australian credit card...I plan to use this for a month:

https://www.secure7.rentalcarmanager...okingStep1.asp

http://maps.google.com/maps?client=f...sults&resnum=1

2.What are the web sites which has rent houses and shared accommodation?

I used www.realestate.com.au - will be staying with family for the first couple of weeks until we find a suitable rental.

Also: www.domain.com.au

Shared accommodation :

http://melbourne.gumtree.com.au/f-Un...0QQCatIdZ18294

3. What are the web sites which has used car to buy?

No idea...hopefully someone else will help you out here.
Old Jul 31st 2009, 4:52 am
Forum Regular

Thanks IndieG.

Hopefully some one will help us on following questions.

1.What are the web sites which has used car to buy?

2.What are the best places to live in VIC. (more convenient shopping, traveling ect)

Guys pls help us on above questions.

Thanks in advance,

Ajay
Old Jul 31st 2009, 6:19 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ajay.Venk
Thanks IndieG.

2.What are the best places to live in VIC. (more convenient shopping, traveling ect)[/B]

Thanks in advance,

Ajay
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...burbs+to+avoid
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 10:13 am
Just Joined

Location: Oxfordshire, will be in Melb for 4 months at Christmas
JimHennington is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks IndieG.

1.What are the web sites which has used car to buy?

2.What are the best places to live in VIC. (more convenient shopping, traveling ect)

Guys pls help us on above questions.

Thanks in advance,

Ajay
Gosh - that's a hard question to answer. Do you want to include alternative towns to Melbourne, or just suburbs of Melb?

I find Melbourne is so diverse - it's always a trade off between price versus proximity to attractions (beach & central shopping/restaurants being my favourites). If it's convenience on a budget there are lots of good options though, mainly depending on transport links to where you work.
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 10:17 am
Just Joined

Location: Oxfordshire, will be in Melb for 4 months at Christmas
JimHennington is an unknown quantity at this point

For medium term car use, has anyone heard of any car companies in Melbourne where they SELL you the car but with a contract with you to buy it back again?

I've heard of this working well in France for people who want medium term car rental. Ie. you make a loss on buying and selling the car, but it works out less than what you'd pay if you rented a car for a long time. Good for medium term car solutions until you find your feet.
Old Aug 6th 2009, 2:08 am
Forum Regular

Hi guys,

Is VIC government provide initial accommodation for new migrants who is on VIC -176?

Any idea Pls,

Thanks,
Ajay
Old Aug 6th 2009, 3:00 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys,

Is VIC government provide initial accommodation for new migrants who is on VIC -176?

Any idea Pls,

Thanks,
Ajay
No

As answered elsewhere. Please don't post the same question in different threads.
Old Aug 6th 2009, 3:05 am
Forum Regular

So what is the meaning of state sponsorship? . If they don't help new immgrants on initial settlement as they ar very new to the country.

Originally Posted by Pollyana
No

As answered elsewhere. Please don't post the same question in different threads.
Old Aug 6th 2009, 4:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Deutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to behold

I thought that state sponsorship just meant that it was easier to get permanent residency (less points needed) than through the 175 independent route.

Still - are there any rules where you can and can't live on Victorian SS - such as making one live in the middle of nowhere?
Old Aug 6th 2009, 4:49 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deutschmaster
I thought that state sponsorship just meant that it was easier to get permanent residency (less points needed) than through the 175 independent route.

Still - are there any rules where you can and can't live on Victorian SS - such as making one live in the middle of nowhere?
Thats what its for, you're right, to make it easier to get PR because you need less points.
Old Aug 6th 2009, 4:52 am
Forum Regular

Thats what its for, you're right, to make it easier to get PR because you need less points.
And less processing time too....
Old Aug 8th 2009, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

Hey Guys,

Can we use USA Driving License in Australia. Is it valid? if so how long can we use it?

Pls enlighten me.

Ajay
Old Aug 8th 2009, 9:20 am
Home and Happy

Hey Guys,

Can we use USA Driving License in Australia. Is it valid? if so how long can we use it?

Pls enlighten me.

Ajay
You need to look at the site for the Dept of Transport in whichever State you are moving to.
Old Aug 8th 2009, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

I am moving to VIC

What is the website i should check. Pls post.

You need to look at the site for the Dept of Transport in whichever State you are moving to.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.