Reload this Page >

Importing dog from non-approved country

Importing dog from non-approved country

Old Jan 26th 2015, 1:02 pm
Just Joined

bmouthboyo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Importing dog from non-approved country

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone can set the record straight regarding the rules for bringing a dog from a non-approved country (Thailand) via a Catagory 3 country (Malaysia).

It seems there is a lot of conflicting information out there online and from what I can tell a lot of this is due to 2 recentish changes in the rules. Firstly can someone confirm if I am correct in thinking that it currently stands as:

Initial Rabies RNAT test can be taken in a non-approved country and sent for testing in an approved lab.

The next stages must then be conducted in a Category C country (Malaysia) once that countries import requirements have been met (and time frames such as 180 days plus since RNAT etc met). It can then be as little as 4 weeks in the Category C country if everything goes to plan and all time limits met, tests passed and strict guidelines met such as the type of Vet etc.

To be clear the new system does not require the 6 months residency in the Catagory C country. Just steps 7 to 22 here: Biosecurity in Australia Non-approved country via Category 3 country: step by step guide for dogs

A lot of people I have messaged online swear blind it is still 6 months in the Cat C country, and even say their local Australia Embassy has told them this. All I can think is that as this seems to have changed as little as December 2014? First Site mentioning the change many have been slow to notice this?

If anyone believes it is still 6 months could you pleas provide any current links to this information as the most official site seems to be the Australian agriculture one I linked to and that has no mention of this.

Thanks

Last edited by bmouthboyo; Jan 26th 2015 at 1:07 pm.
Old Jan 26th 2015, 10:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Importing dog from non-approved country

I would contact Bob at Pet Air.
Old Jan 26th 2015, 11:01 pm
Just Joined

bmouthboyo is an unknown quantity at this point

Is that Pet Air UK | A bespoke pet travel service owned and run by vets
Old Jan 27th 2015, 11:11 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bmouthboyo
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone can set the record straight regarding the rules for bringing a dog from a non-approved country (Thailand) via a Catagory 3 country (Malaysia).

It seems there is a lot of conflicting information out there online and from what I can tell a lot of this is due to 2 recentish changes in the rules. Firstly can someone confirm if I am correct in thinking that it currently stands as:

Initial Rabies RNAT test can be taken in a non-approved country and sent for testing in an approved lab.

The next stages must then be conducted in a Category C country (Malaysia) once that countries import requirements have been met (and time frames such as 180 days plus since RNAT etc met). It can then be as little as 4 weeks in the Category C country if everything goes to plan and all time limits met, tests passed and strict guidelines met such as the type of Vet etc.

To be clear the new system does not require the 6 months residency in the Catagory C country. Just steps 7 to 22 here: Biosecurity in Australia Non-approved country via Category 3 country: step by step guide for dogs

A lot of people I have messaged online swear blind it is still 6 months in the Cat C country, and even say their local Australia Embassy has told them this. All I can think is that as this seems to have changed as little as December 2014? First Site mentioning the change many have been slow to notice this?

If anyone believes it is still 6 months could you pleas provide any current links to this information as the most official site seems to be the Australian agriculture one I linked to and that has no mention of this.

Thanks
As AQIS comes under the Federal Department of Agriculture, why not go to the source.....put what you have here into an email to the Biosecurity Animal Division.
Department of Agriculture General Inquiries

Last edited by The Bloke; Jan 27th 2015 at 11:13 am.
Old Jan 27th 2015, 8:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bmouthboyo
Yes, th owner is Bob and an expert on international travel of animals.