Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Immigration to NZ

Immigration to NZ

Old Nov 24th 2001, 1:23 pm
Just Joined

AliBlack is an unknown quantity at this point

My partner, Robert and I (Alicia) are considering immigtation to NZ and we have lots of questions that we would like to ask.

We are at present compiling everything to be sent off to the NZQA for the assessment and Robert has lost his secondary school certificates - will he need these or will his degree certificate be suffidient?

Also will he have to get a refence/proof of work experience from his current employer as well as his previous ones?

I am expecting our fist child in April next year and we wanted to know the best time to apply i.e. before or after our child is born?

How long do you get to move to NZ if you do get acceptec under the general skills category?

Rob also worked whilst gaining his degree (Estate Management - Property Management Surveyor) and this included day release - he worked for 4 days and did day release the other day - total hours worked each week were 30 - will all of this count for work experience?

Any advice that anyone can offer would be of great assistance.