Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I'm back from my job interview in Mackay.

I'm back from my job interview in Mackay.

Old Mar 8th 2005, 8:59 pm
NO 8 THE LEGEND

Lerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm back from my job interview in Mackay.

Originally Posted by Dicko
Hey forum, I may just be listening to your common sense for once!
Wow We just had a spur of the moment thing and emailed the manager of the firm to ask is the job offer still open.

May just go and say to fig with it, as Proofreader says, It's time to think of ourselves, as this is a well paid job in Oz and may not come round again.
And when the house is sold then I will pay the debts, I will ring the card companies and tell them this is what is going to happen.
Whats the worst they can do?
I may just have to pay the mortgage for a few months until it sells.

Am I mad or what :scared: :scared:

You have without doubt done the right thing, live for today and let tomorrow take care of itself. Good luck to you & your family in your new & exciting life.
Old Mar 8th 2005, 9:01 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey forum, I may just be listening to your common sense for once!
Wow We just had a spur of the moment thing and emailed the manager of the firm to ask is the job offer still open.

May just go and say to fig with it, as Proofreader says, It's time to think of ourselves, as this is a well paid job in Oz and may not come round again.
And when the house is sold then I will pay the debts, I will ring the card companies and tell them this is what is going to happen.
Whats the worst they can do?
I may just have to pay the mortgage for a few months until it sells.

Am I mad or what :scared: :scared:
GOOOOOOOOOOOO Dicko....................GOOOOOOOOOOOO Dicko
Old Mar 9th 2005, 12:12 pm
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

We need an update Dicko....
Old Mar 9th 2005, 4:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Re: I'm back from my job interview in Mackay.

Disaster people
The manager emailed me back today and told me "Unfortunately as I advised I had to move onto plan B and I appointed a person to this position yesterday who became available after your email informing me to offer to someone else, unfortunately the position has been filled and this person will start with
us on the 15th of this month."

I feel so annoyed and fed up now, it's as if the fates are against us, my wife and kids have to validate by May 10th.
The whole process is getting us down now, and things are that strained we just keep snapping at each other.
Old Mar 9th 2005, 8:49 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Disaster people
The manager emailed me back today and told me "Unfortunately as I advised I had to move onto plan B and I appointed a person to this position yesterday who became available after your email informing me to offer to someone else, unfortunately the position has been filled and this person will start with
us on the 15th of this month."

I feel so annoyed and fed up now, it's as if the fates are against us, my wife and kids have to validate by May 10th.
The whole process is getting us down now, and things are that strained we just keep snapping at each other.
Awe mate sorry to hear that.............................no wonder u r pissed off!!!!!!!!!!

Hope all works out for you.....and hey e-mail the bloke back and ask him to keep you in mind, just incase the other bloke isnt suitable for the position.....you never know

Best of luck

Keep yer chin up mate......and try not to snap at wifie too much...although we did it too....its a bloody stressful time
H