Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

If a plane lands at 7.30pm ....

If a plane lands at 7.30pm ....

Old Nov 3rd 2006, 7:01 am
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future
Default If a plane lands at 7.30pm ....

at Brisbane Airport, what time do you think they'll get thru ready for collection / ready to go!

Any idea's ... an hour ... 8.30pm ... ... ?!?
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 7:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If a plane lands at 7.30pm ....

Originally Posted by Paul&Nic
at Brisbane Airport, what time do you think they'll get thru ready for collection / ready to go!

Check how many other planes landing on the airport website, only time its taken us a while to get out was after the paxo stuffing/sniffer dog/environmental hazard incident or early morning if 2/3 international planes land at same time. Brisbanes apart from that is very quick half an hour to an hour is usually plenty.
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 7:07 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Assuming international.....difficult to tell. I've arrived at lunchtime and been through in 15 minutes, I've arrived first thing in the morning and had every extreme from 30 mins to two and a half hours.........

Have a look on the Brissie airport arrivals site and see how many other international planes are scheduled to land around that time. If there are only a couple it should be pretty quick.
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 7:09 am
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by jad n rich
after the paxo stuffing/sniffer dog/environmental hazard incident
DON'T say that! ...

Ok, well just spoke to the airline and they reckon the plane will arrive 10 mins early, so gonna get there for 8pm!

Cheers.
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 7:11 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Ohhh, I thought this was going to be one of those maths questions... 'If a plane lands at 7.30 pm after a 9 hour flight, stopping off twice for half an hour, with an extra 10 minutes for refuelling, what was the pilot's name?'
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 7:12 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Have a look on the Brissie airport arrivals site and see how many other international planes are scheduled to land around that time. If there are only a couple it should be pretty quick.
2 planes at 6.00pm, 2 planes at 6.30pm, then the one in question currently scheduled for 7.20pm.
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 7:12 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by iPom
Ohhh, I thought this was going to be one of those maths questions... 'If a plane lands at 7.30 pm after a 9 hour flight, stopping off twice for half an hour, with an extra 10 minutes for refuelling, what was the pilot's name?'
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 7:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, turn up an hour after they arrive, just to avoid the ridiculous parking charges at Brisbane airport. What is it $5 for 15 minutes or something?

If they get through customs super-fast tell them theres a little cafe as they come out of customs where they can have a bite to eat until you arrive (its cheaper than paying the parking )
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 7:29 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Yeah, turn up an hour after they arrive, just to avoid the ridiculous parking charges at Brisbane airport. What is it $5 for 15 minutes or something?
What I have to pay that too! ...

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
If they get through customs super-fast tell them theres a little cafe as they come out of customs where they can have a bite to eat until you arrive (its cheaper than paying the parking )
She'll be getting a cab at this rate! ...

Ok, thanks. Yeah I'm gonna aim for 8pm.
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 7:31 am
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute

I assume you are picking someone up? Just don't be late. I flew out on my own 16 years ago and my brother was late coming to meet me. There I was sat in the airport terminal like a billynomates, never been out of England before, and everyone around me being greeted by friendly hugs and smiles.

Can you tell he's not forgiven?
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 7:32 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

What I have to pay that too! ...

She'll be getting a cab at this rate! ...

Ok, thanks. Yeah I'm gonna aim for 8pm.
If they have a mobile, go along Airport Drive and park by the Kingsford Smith Memorial, 5 mins from the terminal. They text or ring you as they come out into the main airport and you just pull up outside the terminal and load them straight in. No parking charges as you stay in the car and load them from the pavement
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 7:33 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by sunbather
I assume you are picking someone up? Just don't be late. I flew out on my own 16 years ago and my brother was late coming to meet me. There I was sat in the airport terminal like a billynomates, never been out of England before, and everyone around me being greeted by friendly hugs and smiles.

Can you tell he's not forgiven?
Yeah me mum, and like you say I should be there READY really!

I'll leave 5 mins earlier! ...
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 7:36 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pollyana
park by the Kingsford Smith Memorial
Oh yeah! ... I know that! ...

She's got a mobile with her, but never got confirmation from her phone provider that it'd work over here from the off, so to put it.

I'll try ringing from arrival time, see how we go.
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 7:39 am
Home and Happy

Oh yeah! ... I know that! ...

She's got a mobile with her, but never got confirmation from her phone provider that it'd work over here from the off, so to put it.

I'll try ringing from arrival time, see how we go.
For those that don't it is about halfway along airport drive, and is the only local free parking - so give yourself loads of time, park there if you're early (its got signs, off one of the roundabouts) and then you only go to the airport when you actually have to and don't pay loads in parking

And while you're parked, look at Kingsford Smith's plane - a major part of world aviation history.

Last edited by Pollyana; Nov 3rd 2006 at 7:42 am.
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 7:42 am
Account Closed

Now the 2 planes due at 6.30 are both delayed, so if they too arrive at 7.20'ish then it could take longer to get thru I guess.

Hmmmmmm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.