Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

if anyone can help

if anyone can help

Old Jan 11th 2002, 7:45 am
Just Joined

Freund is an unknown quantity at this point

I applied for Australia subclass 136 and I was told a few months ago that I my aplication will be finalized in March. The problem is that my wife become pregnant in the meantime and she will not be able to travell later then March.

If anyone knows if I have to inform the secretary that my wife expects a baby and if it is possible to ask for a more eficient processing.

Someone said to me that immigration officers are not keen on applicants that will have a child soon after their arrival (maybe because they think that there is a chance to get money from wellfare benefits instead of working for it).

I applied without having an agent nad now I regret. Is it possible to get one now and would it be usefull to get one in this phase.
Thanks
Old Jan 11th 2002, 10:44 am
Jaj

>
    >

What do you mean when you say you were told your application would be 'finalised'
in March. It's not usual for people to be given the timing of the decision on
their application that far in advance, as it depends on a number of factors which
can change.

>
    >
    >

You should tell your case officer about the pregancy. Have you done your medicals or
not? If not, your wife will probably have to wait until the baby arrives, as it may
be unwise to have an X-Ray while pregnant.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Not logical. If born in Australia to parents with parents who are permanent residents
then the child will be Australian automically, but if migrating parents have a child
born overseas and the child accompanies them to Australia, he/she will normally
become an Australian citizen by grant when the parents do.

Jeremy