Identity Crises

Old Jan 26th 2005, 8:46 am
Banned

sexmachine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Identity Crises

Im about to migrate to australia. I feel like I dont really know where home is anymore. Im not australian but I dont feel like a german anymore either....its wicked....I fear that I will always feel like a stranger in australia due to the fact that I wasnt born there....not such a nice feeling....but what can you do ? Not much I guess.....
Old Jan 26th 2005, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Identity Crises

i hun, i think we ll have to make it our home,and except that it will be different,and embrace that,cos thats the reason we are all going isnt it, we want things to be different,myself,i already feel more australian than i do english, i know, i know that sounds mad....but im looking to my new life, and exploring new things, im sure you ll be alright if you try doing things the australian way rather than trying to do things the same as you would do at home,i think to many people do that.

hope this helps,tracey.
Originally Posted by sexmachine
Im about to migrate to australia. I feel like I dont really know where home is anymore. Im not australian but I dont feel like a german anymore either....its wicked....I fear that I will always feel like a stranger in australia due to the fact that I wasnt born there....not such a nice feeling....but what can you do ? Not much I guess.....
Old Jan 26th 2005, 9:03 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you ever watched a TV programme about a German Shepherd called The Littlest Hobo...

That's you that is.

Old Jan 26th 2005, 9:06 am
Banned

Originally Posted by scissors
i hun, i think we ll have to make it our home,and except that it will be different,and embrace that,cos thats the reason we are all going isnt it, we want things to be different,myself,i already feel more australian than i do english, i know, i know that sounds mad....but im looking to my new life, and exploring new things, im sure you ll be alright if you try doing things the australian way rather than trying to do things the same as you would do at home,i think to many people do that.

hope this helps,tracey.
I never do german things anymore....as I said, I dont have much in common with krauts anymore....
Old Jan 26th 2005, 9:13 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

why not start looking to the australian way of life and be a bit more positive,you wont be on your own, alot of us are in the same boat and its scary but exciting at the same time.

tracey.
I never do german things anymore....as I said, I dont have much in common with krauts anymore....
Old Jan 26th 2005, 9:29 am
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of

hope this helps,tracey.
Hi Scissors - just poking a bit of fun...

Firstly I don't think it's nice to call our German friend 'Hun' !

Secondly I've gone blue in the face - you don't do full stops do you!!
Old Jan 26th 2005, 9:29 am
Banned

I love the aussie way of live and I feel 1000% at home in australia....I speak with an aussie accent and all that....its just that I will never be an aussie...
Old Jan 26th 2005, 9:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Ooops sorry what does hun mean in germany then, im obviously a bit thick!!!!
puctuation alright for you,i get carried away whaen im typing,lol, sometimes i even miss words out

tracey
Originally Posted by samnrob2
Hi Scissors - just poking a bit of fun...

Firstly I don't think it's nice to call our German friend 'Hun' !

Secondly I've gone blue in the face - you don't do full stops do you!!
Old Jan 26th 2005, 9:39 am
Banned

Ooops sorry what does hun mean in germany then, im obviously a bit thick!!!!
puctuation alright for you,i get carried away whaen im typing,lol, sometimes i even miss words out

tracey
hun is no german word....so it makes no sense anyway....
Old Jan 26th 2005, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

i havent been to oz either, i dont think we re alone a lot of people on here are going without having ever been before,so dont worry,where are you heading?

tracey.
I love the aussie way of live and I feel 1000% at home in australia....I speak with an aussie accent and all that....its just that I will never be an aussie...
Old Jan 26th 2005, 9:41 am
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of

hun is no german word....so it makes no sense anyway....
The Brits used the reference 'The Hun' during the war to refer to the Germans!
Old Jan 26th 2005, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

oopppss yeh, i know now that youve said it, i didnt think about it....sorry ....hun

tracey
Originally Posted by samnrob2
The Brits used the reference 'The Hun' during the war to refer to the Germans!
Old Jan 26th 2005, 9:44 am
Just Joined

wattle is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh believe me I know where you are coming from.

I'm not sure what your circumstances are to give you this identity crisis but heres mine...

Born uk and exported to Au age of 4, went to school and lived my whole growing up period in Au until the age of 18 only returning to the uk twice, once for short holiday and another period of 2 months... returned permanantly to the Uk with my parents aged 18, got off the plane and 2 days later desperately wanted to return... v v long story as to why we returned by i have hated it here ever since... 10 years down the line i'm going back to oz in 8 weeks for good and my parents are also returning soon after i get there...

but i've been in england 10 years, ive always considered myself australian first and foremost but i cant help but feel a little identity crisis looming on my arrival!

good luck
Old Jan 26th 2005, 9:52 am
Banned

i havent been to oz either, i dont think we re alone a lot of people on here are going without having ever been before,so dont worry,where are you heading?

tracey.
I have been to australia on many occasions....going to sydney
Old Jan 26th 2005, 10:21 am
BE Forum Addict

oh yes i miss read your reply i thought it said you d never been to oz...sorry.we re heading for brisbane.

tracey.
I have been to australia on many occasions....going to sydney

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.