Reload this Page >

I want to start my own business

I want to start my own business

Old Jan 25th 2018, 11:10 am
Just Joined

sam2018 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I want to start my own business

Not a fan of mainstream work culture.

What would be some practical business ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 25th 2018, 11:22 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I want to start my own business

Hi, welcome to BE.

That's too broad a question for anybody to answer really, without knowing what skills you have, what you're interested in, and where you're looking at. I run my own business but no point in me telling you what I do unless it's something you have experience and skills in, you need to give more info for anybody to make meaningful suggestions.

Are you asking from a visa point of view, or are you already in Australia and can set up your own business without any visa hassles?
Old Jan 25th 2018, 11:29 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Hi, welcome to BE.

That's too broad a question for anybody to answer really, without knowing what skills you have, what you're interested in, and where you're looking at. I run my own business but no point in me telling you what I do unless it's something you have experience and skills in, you need to give more info for anybody to make meaningful suggestions.

Are you asking from a visa point of view, or are you already in Australia and can set up your own business without any visa hassles?
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I have become an Australian citizen so no visa hassle.

My qualifications are in Accounting but I cannot start my own cpa practise as I am not a cpa.

Open to just about anything.
Old Jan 25th 2018, 11:34 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Worm farming.
Old Jan 25th 2018, 11:53 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Worm farming.
R u already doing?

Can you pl elaborate?
Old Jan 25th 2018, 12:03 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sam2018
R u already doing?

Can you pl elaborate?
Could you please write in English instead of some gibberish textspeak?!
Old Jan 25th 2018, 9:42 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Worm farming.
you're a terrible woman
Old Jan 26th 2018, 9:01 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sam2018
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I have become an Australian citizen so no visa hassle.

My qualifications are in Accounting but I cannot start my own cpa practise as I am not a cpa.

Open to just about anything.
Bookkeeping?

Dog Grooming?

Window Cleaning?

Dog Walking?

It's a bit like someone asking what part of the country they should live in
Old Jan 27th 2018, 5:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

You are aware of the large number of business ventures that go under within three years in Australia?

Some thoughts on the topic.

Look into buying into a franchise. Look at the [pro and con's to this type of operation.

Buy an established business with track record and study carefully the flow of customers over a period.

Start up a low expense business like garden maintenance or say something along the line of maths tuition on a private level. I assume you are good at that subject, just as many are poor in it.
Old Jan 28th 2018, 2:45 am
Just Joined

redbaron73 is an unknown quantity at this point

I came to Australia to start a business 15 years ago.
Whilst I am not in a position to recommend business ventures to you I would highly recommend reading Michael Gerber's book 'The E-Myth' before you take the plunge.
Personally, I'd say if someone else is paying you a guaranteed fixed salary and you are currently going home at a fixed-ish time and leaving work behind then that's really something you need to consider giving up.