Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I want to leave England

I want to leave England

Old Dec 5th 2005, 9:45 am
Just Joined

Mervyn is on a distinguished road
Default I want to leave England

hello everyone. my name is mervyn i am new to this forum as i just found it. i want to leave england and think i want to go austrlia i have never been there mind but i like the look and sound of it. dont now where to begin getting visa stuff but my brother is good with forms and that and said will help me. i am not married and age 37 and work as a filing clerk for abig company and i dont realy know if austriala will take me. i want to leave england as i am fed with council tax winter living with so much imigrants and working 5 days every week for just enough mony for my food and rent and a bit let for beers sometimes. i hope that in australia i can spend less than 9 to 5 at work and get some more leisure time and some more mony and like other people get a big house and pool. also hope the nice weather will get me out more and lose some of my gut and finaly get fit and tanned and get hobbys like fishing or sailing. i wont post much on here as find it hard to write down everything but i will reed all your posts and that. thanks eveyone for the infomation that is alreidy posted on here as i like reading it and find it useful. Mervyn
Old Dec 5th 2005, 9:57 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of
Default Re: I want to leave England

Hello and welcome but all i will say is you have to work just as hard here as you do in the UK. You don't get any thing for free. Good luck to you.
Old Dec 5th 2005, 10:00 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karenjc
Hello and welcome but all i will say is you have to work just as hard here as you do in the UK. You don't get any thing for free. Good luck to you.
LMAO dont be suckered... this person is really taking the piss, mark my words
Old Dec 5th 2005, 10:02 am
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mervyn
hello everyone. my name is mervyn i am new to this forum as i just found it. i want to leave england and think i want to go austrlia i have never been there mind but i like the look and sound of it. dont now where to begin getting visa stuff but my brother is good with forms and that and said will help me. i am not married and age 37 and work as a filing clerk for abig company and i dont realy know if austriala will take me. i want to leave england as i am fed with council tax winter living with so much imigrants and working 5 days every week for just enough mony for my food and rent and a bit let for beers sometimes. i hope that in australia i can spend less than 9 to 5 at work and get some more leisure time and some more mony and like other people get a big house and pool. also hope the nice weather will get me out more and lose some of my gut and finaly get fit and tanned and get hobbys like fishing or sailing. i wont post much on here as find it hard to write down everything but i will reed all your posts and that. thanks eveyone for the infomation that is alreidy posted on here as i like reading it and find it useful. Mervyn
mornin merv how`s your day goin?
Old Dec 5th 2005, 10:02 am
Banned

Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

What do you file ? Alphabetically as in "A" for apple and "B" for bullshit ?
I suppose that would make a difference to employers here
Old Dec 5th 2005, 10:03 am
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
LMAO dont be suckered... this person is really taking the piss, mark my words
don`t be so hard it`s his first post
Old Dec 5th 2005, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

Phil-UK will become famous soon enough

Mervyn,

Not sure if your post has been posted tongue in cheek because it sounds like a fairy tale. If you are serious then you will be in for a shock!

Firstly, not to be rude but I don't think a file clerk will be skills the Australian government require and hence will not give you sufficient points to gain a skilled visa. There may be other routes that you can explore if you have family there, etc which can boost your points but look here:

http://www.australia.org.uk/vti/html/

As for working less, earning more, having more free time, having a big house and pool, they are mutually exclusive!

How can you work and earn less yet afford a bigger, nicer house?

If you find this place please let me know!

Oz will be like any other country, if you work hard you will be rewarded, maybe more so than in other places and you will have nice weather most of the time, but don't get caught up in the thinking that it will land in your lap for doing very little.

That's why at the start of this reply I ask if your question is tongue in cheek because it's not really practical is it? Also you say your a filing clerk but that your brother is good with forms, this puzzles me, you should be good with forms!

Also remember, maybe we should all be more tolerant of immigrants, if you want to leave the UK because of too many immigrants, what do you thnk you will be if you move to Oz? After all we all just want a better life.

All the best, Philip

Last edited by Phil-UK; Dec 5th 2005 at 10:09 am.
Old Dec 5th 2005, 10:08 am
Banned

Originally Posted by wengerboy
don`t be so hard it`s his first post
Oh come on, cant you even tell by the first post ? Or do ya want more, just for a laugh ?
Old Dec 5th 2005, 10:08 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Cant see any problems. Expect the process to take about 2-3 weeks. Few forms to fill in and then send your passport to the Aus HC in london and should have it back in a few days. Although it is christmas time so allow a few extra days.
Aus working hours are generally shorter than UK.

You may have one issue there though ....where to park your spaceship
Old Dec 5th 2005, 10:10 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by seang
Cant see any problems. Expect the process to take about 2-3 weeks. Few forms to fill in and then send your passport to the Aus HC in london and should have it back in a few days. Although it is christmas time so allow a few extra days.

~cracking up laughin~
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Yo Merv!

Sounds like you've got all it sown-up dude, just get yerself a Visa (it's not that difficult, just ask around here, it should only take a couple of weeks) and get that plane ticket ... unless you want to sail, I mean that would be cool wouldn't it? Yeh, the romantic ocean, a few weeks on a cruise liner with old fogies topping up their melonomas whilst playing scrabble and fighting for the buffet ... yup, that's the way to go man, sailing. Just avoid the salad if you don't get to dinner quick enough, I've been on a Nile cruise and the results of re-heated food ain't pretty.

Anyway, as I say, it sounds like you've got it taped so just get yerself out here and get a slice of the good life ... life's too short notta innit?

One last tip, be sure to make (constructive) criticisms on everything you see and do when you arrive, especially if you can compare it to something you've seen done better in the UK. The Aussies are only a young nation and they love to hear ways that they could do things a little better.

Bon voyage and bon chance, adeiu to yer and yer and yer ...

Uncle Matt
Up The Arse!!

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
Oh come on, cant you even tell by the first post ? Or do ya want more, just for a laugh ?
see luke u ar so agggresiveu uov skared im of
Forum Regular

Phil-UK will become famous soon enough

ROFL... well done!
Old Dec 5th 2005, 10:11 am
Up The Arse!!

shit as long as that :scared: took me 2 days
Old Dec 5th 2005, 10:37 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Dear Mervyn, I think you should definitely come and live here cos its lovely and sunny and hot and you never have to worry about it raining so you cant go out. All the food is fresh and really really cheap and all the beer is cheap too. You can get jobs here where you only have to work a couple of hours a day and you still get paid enough to pay for an eight bedroomed house with a jacuzzi and a swimming pool and room for a pony. People here are always friendly and there are no frowns and cross faces. There is no crime and everyone can leave their doors unlocked when they go out. If you don't want to work the government will give you money to stay at home, and if you are sick they will make you better very quickly for free. There are no forms to fill in, no taxes to pay and everyone is fit and plays sport all the time.

Oh, and the best selling item is rose-tinted specs.................

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.