Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I just want to ask about 20ft container quotes please...

I just want to ask about 20ft container quotes please...

Old May 13th 2007, 9:31 pm

carmele is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I just want to ask about 20ft container quotes please...

I have trawled through loads of threads and read some of the great contributions on shipping.

I just want to ask about 20ft containers please.....

How much where you quoted for your 20ft container and who by?

Thanks

C
Old May 13th 2007, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

GreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really nice
Default Re: I just want to ask about 20ft container quotes please...

I have just this week completed my search for the best shipping quote mix I could find, and yes its for a 20ft container.

We are getting a full door to door wrap and unrap service from Alied Pickford for $3600 including Auz customs charges

Other quotes we got:

Doree Bonner £3600 + Auz customs charges

Crown £3700 + Auz customs charges

PSS £3700 + Auz customs charges

So basicaly Alied Pickford were the cheepest for us after a bit of a haggle, there origonal quote was £3800.

Just remember they all try and sell you their own insurance at around 2.5%, don't use theirs go with Letton Percivil at 1.5%
Old May 13th 2007, 10:15 pm

Thanks for that green tea, exactly what I was looking for, great reply!

Any other quotes? As they can still differ from the same company?

Thanks

C
Old May 14th 2007, 4:10 am
BE Enthusiast

leigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud of

Definately worth haggling. Crown relocations quoted us £3400 for a 20 ft reefer container (slightly smaller than standard 20ft). We told them that we'd had a cheaper quote but were more impressed by their service & would agree to go with them if they knocked it down to £3000. They agreed £3100.
Old May 14th 2007, 4:18 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leigh&ivan
Definately worth haggling. Crown relocations quoted us £3400 for a 20 ft reefer container (slightly smaller than standard 20ft). We told them that we'd had a cheaper quote but were more impressed by their service & would agree to go with them if they knocked it down to £3000. They agreed £3100.
We were quoted £3k for a container just under 20ft with crown and knocked them down to £2300 after haggling. Pickfords and crown insurance was both quoted at 3.6%...went with letton percival at a fraction of the cost. Well worth haggling though over the container amount.
Old May 14th 2007, 5:22 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

We were quoted £3200 by John Mason for a 20 foot. Crown quotes £4500 odd and wouldn't budge at all - I don't think they wanted the business.

Buzzy
Old May 14th 2007, 8:30 am

Buzzy Bee that is excessive isn't it when looking at the other quotes.... I asked for a quote with crown a couple of weeks ago, they must be really busy as they are coming to see us in a couple of weeks. Hopefully they will "quote me happy!"......

So with a bit of haggling £300 quid ish can be knocked off the quote, sounds good!

Any other quotes?
Old May 14th 2007, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

bluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to all

Originally Posted by carmele
Buzzy Bee that is excessive isn't it when looking at the other quotes.... I asked for a quote with crown a couple of weeks ago, they must be really busy as they are coming to see us in a couple of weeks. Hopefully they will "quote me happy!"......

So with a bit of haggling £300 quid ish can be knocked off the quote, sounds good!

Any other quotes?
Hi,

Feel free to drop me a line, and I can give you two options of Shipping a 20' Ctr - We can offer you Self Packing - whereby The container is Positioned outside your premises, and basically you load yourself, Which works out a lot cheaper.

The other option is a Total Pack/Unwrap Service, where we Pack and collect goods, then we load the container before shipping. We would also offer the Unwrap service upon arrival at your New Location if so Required.

Have a browse on both our websites below to get a feel for what we can offer you.
Old May 14th 2007, 1:09 pm
Just Joined

clensy has a spectacular aura aboutclensy has a spectacular aura aboutclensy has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by bluenico
Hi,

Feel free to drop me a line, and I can give you two options of Shipping a 20' Ctr - We can offer you Self Packing - whereby The container is Positioned outside your premises, and basically you load yourself, Which works out a lot cheaper.

The other option is a Total Pack/Unwrap Service, where we Pack and collect goods, then we load the container before shipping. We would also offer the Unwrap service upon arrival at your New Location if so Required.

Have a browse on both our websites below to get a feel for what we can offer you.
Bluenico

I have just sent you a PM, could you let me have a quote

clensye
Old May 14th 2007, 1:59 pm
Just Joined

Leisa has a spectacular aura aboutLeisa has a spectacular aura aboutLeisa has a spectacular aura about

Hi

We tried John Mason - wouldn't come and quote as we are too far away.
Anglo Pacific - quoted us for groupage when we needed sole use and didn't ring back after us asking for a new quote - (twice)
Bishops Move - £3450
Doree Bonner - originally 3995 but came down to 3600 - we decided to go with them as they seemed to have the best feedback - loads of info on here (thanks guys)

HTH

Leisa