Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I DON'T LIKE LIVING IN AUSTRALIA BECAUSE...

I DON'T LIKE LIVING IN AUSTRALIA BECAUSE...

Old Nov 3rd 2009, 1:02 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I DON'T LIKE LIVING IN AUSTRALIA BECAUSE...

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Indeed - most jeans are made in 3rd world countries. I'd imagine that getting good jeans would be only limited by your wallet - or your body shape - wobbly would limit.

I wouldn't wear jeans in Far North QLD but I would want to think I could!
I used to wear jeans in Brissie but the cajones didn't like it. I like to get into fisherman's pants now but that's another story.....
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 1:03 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold

Hmmm and what about people who aren't moving back to the UK?
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 1:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
I totally accept you have the right to express this opinion......
Agreed - unfortunately, posts like this are not about opinion or liking or disliking - anything. It's about people making arses of themselves because they are really quite angry, and then sometimes convincing themselves that others who might be baffled/amused/even retaliatory are deluded. What do these people do during and after. Do they pace up and down? Do they read every reply shaking their fist at those happier than themselves? Do they get a relief? Does every reply agreeing with their anger prove anything to them? Do they feel silly..do they feel better. I effing hope so!

Are there any posters who are also angry who naturally understand the fustration but don't condone the 'trolling' (and really, in net-speak it is.) I can't recall a poster who has said - "I'm fustrated - but I don't agree with the one-line angry post or any follow-up attack?". Rather it seems to be carte-blanche.
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 1:10 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The_Wookie
Hmmm and what about people who aren't moving back to the UK?
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 1:15 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold

Ah right, so people who can't move back to the UK - yet are unhappy with their situation aren't allowed to voice an opinion?

Go democracy!!!

Old Nov 3rd 2009, 1:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Ah right, so people who can't move back to the UK - yet are unhappy with their situation aren't allowed to voice an opinion?

Go democracy!!!

Actually, I mis-read your post and wasn't sure what you meant. (You said people not moving back, not can't move back - so I thought Renth meant - no talk needed, or it will encourage talk of delusion etc). The only danger of this argument is that we get into the usual politics, when really, people have been reacting to a curious post.
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 1:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Go democracy!!!

The OP didn't voice an opinion . . .
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 1:22 am
BE Enthusiast

stm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by spartacus
HURRAH!
Charming..........
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 1:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spartacus
The OP didn't voice an opinion . . .
True. But when people do voice an opinion, invariably they're told 'if you don't like it, get lost', which some people simply can't do.

My reply was in reference to renth saying that if you do have a negative opinion of living in Australia it should go in the MBTUK forum.
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 1:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stm1971
Charming..........
Apologies, I was being deliberately inflammatory . . . I'm just yearning for a mass debate.
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 1:41 am
BE Enthusiast

stm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by renth
That's what the MBTUK forum is for.

Didn't realise that not being a godzoner meant I'm only allowed to post in the MBTTUK forum.

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Agreed - unfortunately, posts like this are not about opinion or liking or disliking - anything. It's about people making arses of themselves because they are really quite angry, and then sometimes convincing themselves that others who might be baffled/amused/even retaliatory are deluded. What do these people do during and after. Do they pace up and down? Do they read every reply shaking their fist at those happier than themselves? Do they get a relief? Does every reply agreeing with their anger prove anything to them? Do they feel silly..do they feel better. I effing hope so!

Are there any posters who are also angry who naturally understand the fustration but don't condone the 'trolling' (and really, in net-speak it is.) I can't recall a poster who has said - "I'm fustrated - but I don't agree with the one-line angry post or any follow-up attack?". Rather it seems to be carte-blanche.
Why is my comment making an arse of myself? I'm not angry, deluded or shaking my fist at the screen. Just having a boring morning at work waiting for the Melbourne Cup to start and passing time on here. I responded to a light hearted thread with MY opinion.

Christ, you lot need to chill out. Whatever happened to a bit of light hearted banter. Whenever there is any criticism of Australia you lot respond by closing ranks and try and knock people down. Maybe you are the one who is deluded.

Last edited by stm1971; Nov 3rd 2009 at 1:47 am.
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 1:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't realise that not being a godzoner meant I'm only allowed to post in the MBTTUK forum.

Why is my comment making an arse of myself? I'm not angry, deluded or shaking my fist at the screen. Just having a boring morning at work waiting for the Melbourne Cup to start and passing time on here. I responded to a light hearted thread with MY opinion.

Christ, you lot need to chill out. Whatever happened to a bit of light hearted banter. Whenever there is any criticism of Australia you lot respond by getting closing ranks and try and knock people down. Maybe you are the one who is deluded.
LOL havent you learned yet that free speech is only available to the Godzoners on here. Alternative views are not tolerated, light hearted or not!

Boredom is endemic obviously otherwise there wouldnt have been so many responses in such a short period of time.
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 1:45 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Whenever there is any criticism of Australia you lot respond by getting closing ranks and try and knock people down. Maybe you are the one who is deluded.
Chill. The same happens when there is criticism of the UK.
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 1:48 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Christ, you lot need to chill out. Whatever happened to a bit of light hearted banter. Whenever there is any criticism of Australia you lot respond by getting closing ranks and try and knock people down. Maybe you are the one who is deluded.
This sort of thing isn't confined to this part of the forum. Live and let live I say.
One blinkered view is a bad as another.
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 1:48 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: I DON'T LIKE LIVING IN AUSTRALIA BECAUSE...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.