Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How's the internet in Ferny Grove, Brisbane?

How's the internet in Ferny Grove, Brisbane?

Old Dec 31st 2009, 1:36 am
Just Joined

flg03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How's the internet in Ferny Grove, Brisbane?

Hi all

We're making the move from Canberra to Brisbane in February, and are considering where we'd like to be. Husband will be working in Fortitude Valley, and I'm still looking for a job. We have a two year old, and haven't looked for chidcare for him yet either.

I've been reading nice things about Ferny Grove area on this forum. We like the sound of it being close to the edge of Brisbane but not far from the city, on a train line, affordable and having great schools. But I wonder whether you can get a good internet connection there? This is a pretty big consideration for us.

Also, I mentioned to my sister I thought the area sounded nice and she pulled a face and said she wouldn't want to park her car at the train station (she lives in East Brisbane). Has anyone found that a problem?

Thanks,

Fiona
Old Dec 31st 2009, 1:51 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of
Default Re: How's the internet in Ferny Grove, Brisbane?

Originally Posted by flg03
Hi all

We're making the move from Canberra to Brisbane in February, and are considering where we'd like to be. Husband will be working in Fortitude Valley, and I'm still looking for a job. We have a two year old, and haven't looked for chidcare for him yet either.

I've been reading nice things about Ferny Grove area on this forum. We like the sound of it being close to the edge of Brisbane but not far from the city, on a train line, affordable and having great schools. But I wonder whether you can get a good internet connection there? This is a pretty big consideration for us.

Also, I mentioned to my sister I thought the area sounded nice and she pulled a face and said she wouldn't want to park her car at the train station (she lives in East Brisbane). Has anyone found that a problem?

Thanks,

Fiona
Ferny Grove is a fine area - I'd have problem at all parking my car at the station all day every day.

Internet would also be fine in FG Look here http://bc.whirlpool.net.au/ and put in phone number 07 3511 5111 (a Ferny Grove Doctors) - it'll show you theres plenty of choice of ADSL2+ providers at the FG exchange.
Old Dec 31st 2009, 2:01 am
Just Joined

flg03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DadAgain
Ferny Grove is a fine area - I'd have problem at all parking my car at the station all day every day.

Internet would also be fine in FG Look here http://bc.whirlpool.net.au/ and put in phone number 07 3511 5111 (a Ferny Grove Doctors) - it'll show you theres plenty of choice of ADSL2+ providers at the FG exchange.
Thanks very much, DadAgain!
Old Dec 31st 2009, 3:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DadAgain

There's no point in having a fast internet connection if you don't have the latest version of the internet on your PC. When you go to the shop, ask them which version it has, and whether it has the latest updates. There are literally hundreds of files.