Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How to watch UK programs in Oz?

How to watch UK programs in Oz?

Old Dec 31st 2010, 12:32 am
Forum Regular

black swan has a brilliant futureblack swan has a brilliant futureblack swan has a brilliant futureblack swan has a brilliant futureblack swan has a brilliant futureblack swan has a brilliant future
Default Re: How to watch UK programs in Oz?

I have been useing Expat Shield for a number of weeks - - - quite sucessfully.
However over the past few days I have been unable to open it. Message comes up saying 'application not found'.
I live in Mandurah, South of Perth, WA. Is anyone else having this problem?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Old Jan 1st 2011, 10:38 am
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MaCCCa
Hey Guys!

Touched down in Melbourne yesterday and wondered if anyone knew if it were possible to watch UK TV online - Like iplayer / demand 5 ect?

I saw ages ago a thread on programs that change your IP to make them think your in the UK but cant find the thread - any info greatly appreciated! Trying to keep my 14 year old happy at being able to watch EastBenders!
www.hackedcabletv.com
Old Jan 1st 2011, 9:59 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quoll
Thanks for the heads up on expat shield - I was able to show the DH a news item that he hadnt been able to see before which was great. However, I have uninstalled it - doesnt the constant ad banner at the top of every page and the erratic flicking back to their home page get on anyone else's nerves? I would dearly love to catch up with some of the programs but the erratic nature of it began to bug me very quickly - was I doing something wrong and could have turned it off when I didnt need it?
You get used to it, I can tell now when the home page is starting up and just shut it down very quickly, also the ad banner tends to "blend" in after a while LOL!!

I watch the players on the full screen so don't see it as much, since installing this and the paid one I had (Identity Cloaker which I have let go), I haven't switched on my actual TV, it now seems worse than ever after watching UK telly. I have watched all the Christmas specials and am bang up to date with Coronation Street LOL!!

Also downloaded the torrent thingie (another thread) and have spent the last few nights watching "Who Do You Think You Are" and "Come Dine With Me" celeb special.

Re the torrent thingie I haven't got a clue what any of it means but it was so simple even a newbie like me had no problem.
Old Jan 1st 2011, 9:59 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by black swan
However over the past few days I have been unable to open it. Message comes up saying 'application not found'.
Thanks.
I had that last week, I just uninstalled the whole programme and re-installed it and it has been fine since.
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 12:58 am
Forum Regular

black swan has a brilliant futureblack swan has a brilliant futureblack swan has a brilliant futureblack swan has a brilliant futureblack swan has a brilliant futureblack swan has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Beedubya
I had that last week, I just uninstalled the whole programme and re-installed it and it has been fine since.
Thanks Bee - - - will do that.
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 5:39 am
Forum Regular

perth tiger is a name known to allperth tiger is a name known to allperth tiger is a name known to allperth tiger is a name known to allperth tiger is a name known to allperth tiger is a name known to allperth tiger is a name known to allperth tiger is a name known to allperth tiger is a name known to allperth tiger is a name known to allperth tiger is a name known to all

anyone got a similar prog for mac's

thanks
Old Jan 6th 2011, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

Tellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really nice

Hi
Does anyone know how I can watch Sky. I have managed to create an account thanks to my lovely family in the UK but even though I am using Expat Shield Sky somehow knows that I am not in the UK.

Thanks
Old Jan 6th 2011, 7:20 pm
Just Joined

wapping is just really nicewapping is just really nicewapping is just really nicewapping is just really nicewapping is just really nicewapping is just really nicewapping is just really nicewapping is just really nicewapping is just really nicewapping is just really nicewapping is just really nice

Have loaded down the shield turned it on but only get on BBC Iplayer
"Not in your area"
Old Jan 6th 2011, 7:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

mvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to all

Originally Posted by black swan
Thanks.
Another vote for expat shield. I've just returned from Perth where I watched Topgear (iplayer) and emmerdale (itvplayer). Great to watch as long as your internet connection is pretty fast.
Old Jan 6th 2011, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

Tellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really nice

Originally Posted by wapping
Have loaded down the shield turned it on but only get on BBC Iplayer
"Not in your area"
Have you downloaded the Expat Shield toolbar, I always do my search for BBCiplayer in there rather than my usual Google.
Old Jan 6th 2011, 9:36 pm
Just Joined

wapping is just really nicewapping is just really nicewapping is just really nicewapping is just really nicewapping is just really nicewapping is just really nicewapping is just really nicewapping is just really nicewapping is just really nicewapping is just really nicewapping is just really nice

fixed the problem by downloading the toolbar .
Also had to change setting from xp to seven.
Thanks
Old Jan 20th 2011, 2:05 am
Account Closed

MissyB is an unknown quantity at this point

A question for those using Expat Shield - have you been able to watch Channel 4 on demand?

I tried to watch Phil Down Under the other night and it wouldn't let me as it detected I was outside the UK, have been able to watch BBC iplayer fine so just wondering why I can't view Channel 4?
Old Jan 20th 2011, 5:40 am
Forum Regular

perth tiger is a name known to allperth tiger is a name known to allperth tiger is a name known to allperth tiger is a name known to allperth tiger is a name known to allperth tiger is a name known to allperth tiger is a name known to allperth tiger is a name known to allperth tiger is a name known to allperth tiger is a name known to allperth tiger is a name known to all

Originally Posted by MissyB
A question for those using Expat Shield - have you been able to watch Channel 4 on demand?

I tried to watch Phil Down Under the other night and it wouldn't let me as it detected I was outside the UK, have been able to watch BBC iplayer fine so just wondering why I can't view Channel 4?
use 4od on you tube, it works every time.

perth
Old Jan 20th 2011, 7:04 am
Account Closed

MissyB is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by perth tiger
use 4od on you tube, it works every time.

perth
Excellent - thanks for that info!
Old Jan 20th 2011, 8:46 am
Home Sweet Home

Log into Expat Shield as normal and then go to seesaw. Great connection as I have never had much luck with Channel 4 until then.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.