Reload this Page >

How to Prove NOT MARRIED

How to Prove NOT MARRIED

Old Jan 22nd 2004, 3:21 pm
Just Joined

Philippa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How to Prove NOT MARRIED

Originally posted by MeganEkno
The look of contentment on your faces should prove that you are not yet married I jest!
I agree that this seems a bit over the top, especially as husband to be has dual nationality (i.e a British and Aussie passsport).

Will try suggestions above,

Thanks
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 3:24 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Philippa
I agree that this seems a bit over the top, especially as husband to be has dual nationality (i.e a British and Aussie passsport).

Will try suggestions above,

Thanks

Give the Minister a question to ask your Hubby to be: IF he can answer YES then hes deffo never been married

1. do you have sex regular

should work !
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

scotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the rough

This forum is my last hope......!

My boyfriend is Australian and I am British, we are getting married in the UK soon and the minister is asking for proof that he is NOT married.

I am really not sure how to prove this...any suggestion?

I have tried the embassy who put me through to a recorded message that says I should be able to find it on the website (but it is not there).

I have also tried the place in Victoria that gives out copies of birth, death and marriage certificates.

Thanks
Hi Philipa

Slightly different circumstances, I am British and wife is Australian we got married in Australia. Prior to my marriage taking place in Oz I had to obtain a ‘Certificate Of No Impediment to Marriage’ (marriage Scotland act 1977). I got it form my local registrar (signed by him/her) and had to produce it prior to the marriage. The certificate was only valid for 3 months. The laws are different in England and Scotland but I would assume that the same kind of certificate exists in England.

I believe that the emphasis is on the Bridegroom or Bride to prove no impediment.
Having said that as we know Polly is about to get married in Aus and she or any others don’t seem to have come up against this one – Good Luck

Regards

Scot
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

Lany is on a distinguished road

My boyfriend is Australian and I am British, we are getting married in the UK soon and the minister is asking for proof that he is NOT married.

I have tried the embassy who put me through to a recorded message that says I should be able to find it on the website (but it is not there).

I have also tried the place in Victoria that gives out copies of birth, death and marriage certificates.

Thanks
Philippa, My husband is australian and I am british, when we got married in the uk our minister asked for the same proof, hubby was serving in the British Army at the time so got his CO to write him a letter saying that to his knowledge he was not previously married in UK or Australia, that was all we needed.
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 10:35 pm
Monaco here we!!! oh no

ADELAIDE BOUND is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks
Phillipa
Sounds to me like the minister has been at the wine.
Get married somewhere else.

Cheers.
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 10:44 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Timber Floor Au
Give the Minister a question to ask your Hubby to be: IF he can answer YES then hes deffo never been married

1. do you have sex regular

should work !
Or she could show the minister the blokes underpants.