Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How much will it cost my daughter to sponser my husband & I to live in Oz

How much will it cost my daughter to sponser my husband & I to live in Oz

Old Jun 14th 2006, 3:37 pm
Just Joined

Sizeyuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How much will it cost my daughter to sponser my husband & I to live in Oz

I have been all over the Ozzy Government web site to find the answer and finally given up trying today. How much will it cost my daughter to Spenser her Dad and I to live in Oz
Old Jun 14th 2006, 3:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How much will it cost my daughter to sponsor my husband & I to live in Oz

Originally Posted by Sizeyuk
I have been all over the Ozzy Government web site to find the answer and finally given up trying today. How much will it cost my daughter to Sponsor her Dad and I to live in Oz. I know about the Assurance of support bond, but I wondered whether there were any charges for the sponsorship

I don't think there is, but would like that confirmed. To sponser you she would need to provide accomodation and financial assistance as required, so how much it would cost is anyones guess as it would depend on you really.

Sponsership FAQ's
Old Jun 14th 2006, 3:51 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How much will it cost my daughter to sponsor my husband & I to live in Oz

I have been all over the Ozzy Government web site to find the answer and finally given up trying today. How much will it cost my daughter to Sponsor her Dad and I to live in Oz. I know about the Assurance of support bond, but I wondered whether there were any charges for the sponsorship
Are you her biological mother? If so, you might want to look into the parent contributory visa? It doesn't take an age BUT it is quite pricey (about $25K - each?).

I think that another pre-requisite is that at least half of the parents children must live in Australia...
Old Jun 14th 2006, 4:02 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
Are you her biological mother? If so, you might want to look into the parent contributory visa? It doesn't take an age BUT it is quite pricey (about $25K - each?).

I think that another pre-requisite is that at least half of the parents children must live in Australia...
Correct

Assuming that the balance of family test is met and the residency and health requirements then the visa fees are about $30000 each plus AOS bond of $14000 per couple (for 10 years)

http://www.immi.gov.au/migration/fam...ry_parents.htm

G
Old Jun 14th 2006, 4:12 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

your daughter isnt asked to pay for anything. is your daughter being both the sponsor and the assurer?
Old Jun 14th 2006, 10:27 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How much will it cost my daughter to sponser my husband & I to live in Oz

I have been all over the Ozzy Government web site to find the answer and finally given up trying today. How much will it cost my daughter to Spenser her Dad and I to live in Oz

I reckon nothing cos if there are any costs you two should pay for themn not the daughter.
Old Jun 14th 2006, 10:49 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How much will it cost my daughter to sponser my husband & I to live in Oz

There are a number of different visa categories you could apply under but the following should give you an idea of cost:

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/990i/990i_booklet3.htm

I have been having a quick look for the same info myself so if you need any more specific info let me know and i will try to point you in the right direction.

Adele
Old Jun 15th 2006, 10:40 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
your daughter isnt asked to pay for anything. is your daughter being both the sponsor and the assurer?
Yes she is both sponsor and assurer, obviously we will pay the bond and any sponsorship fees, we know how much the bond is but cant seem to find out how much it will be for sponsorship
Old Jun 15th 2006, 10:43 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Grayling
Correct

Assuming that the balance of family test is met and the residency and health requirements then the visa fees are about $30000 each plus AOS bond of $14000 per couple (for 10 years)

http://www.immi.gov.au/migration/fam...ry_parents.htm

G
We know about the $30000 for the contributory parent visas and the AoS bond, but looking on the website at sponsoship form it says send the fee with the application to sponsor, but doesnt say how much.
Old Jun 15th 2006, 10:49 am
Just Joined

We know about the $30000 for the contributory parent visas and the AoS bond, but looking on the website at sponsoship form it says send the fee with the application to sponsor, but doesnt say how much.
Just had another look at the site, it says when sending the sponsorship form evidence that you have paid the charge should be lodged with the form and the visa application forms.