Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How much equity?

How much equity?

Old Dec 1st 2006, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

tofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud of
Default Re: How much equity?

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
Oh, you really are one aren't you.................

You can one line away to your hearts content! I'm bored and off to find something and someone more stimulating to talk about!
I reckon that's one-nil, then.....
Old Dec 1st 2006, 5:38 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tofster
I reckon that's one-nil, then.....
Old Dec 1st 2006, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

paulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nice
Smile Re: How much equity?

oh dear..... What fun.. this thread has been a great help to us, yes we have been wondering if we will have enough cash, not mentioning how much or little, I'm a coward!! Maybe some of us are born worriers and not always full of optimism although I like to think I am, but with a family I want to make sure we have enough to pay for rent in-case we dont find a job straight away, enough for a deposit on a house and by the sounds of it all the taxes too, etc, as many have said we should be able to share our views and thoughts and cash (not literally) if we have any or not, I think its encouraging that there is a real mixed bunch here but we all want the same thing, a new life in Oz with or without cash. Good luck one and all,
Old Dec 1st 2006, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

tofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud of

Just to let you all know I have just received a very abusive personal message.
I have kept the content just in case I ever need to reveal it...........
Old Dec 1st 2006, 5:41 pm
A horse walks into a bar.

russmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond repute

looks like you took the bait fluff
Old Dec 1st 2006, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by russmcp
looks like you took the bait fluff

And it was so, so easy.......!
Old Dec 1st 2006, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

h1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to all

Anyway.....................

Back to the original question - or slightly edited maybe

I'm just curious to find out how much equity people will be able to take with them. We are hoping to move to OZ with about £???k. With a good exchange rate (2.5) we will have approx $??????. We know we won't be mortgage free but we aren't mortgage free here either!. Particularly keen to hear from anyone with £500k+ who owns or would like a toyota prado or similar, needs at least 5 bedrooms and a swimming pool and calls their butler Dave.
No takers?
Ok how about anyone who worries about their finances and how different it might be in OZ - seriously.
Old Dec 1st 2006, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by h1tvd

Back to the original question - or slightly edited maybe

I'm just curious to find out how much equity people will be able to take with them. We are hoping to move to OZ with about £???k. With a good exchange rate (2.5) we will have approx $??????. We know we won't be mortgage free but we aren't mortgage free here either!. Particularly keen to hear from anyone with £500k+ who owns or would like a toyota prado or similar, needs at least 5 bedrooms and a swimming pool and calls their butler Dave.
No takers?
Ok how about anyone who worries about their finances and how different it might be in OZ - seriously.
Blimey, forgot about that.

We will be taking AUD$*********K. We hope to buy a property outside ******* with * bedrooms and * pools. ** maids and a Lithuanian *********.

Right, that's enough. I'm reigning myself in................
Old Dec 1st 2006, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

Blimey, forgot about that.

We will be taking AUD$*********K. We hope to buy a property outside ******* with * bedrooms and * pools. ** maids and a Lithuanian *********.

Right, that's enough. I'm reigning myself in................
Well, nearly..

So, after seven, yes SEVEN pages of banter. Have you found this thread beneficial at all?
Old Dec 1st 2006, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

paulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nice

another thing, we all complain about the taxes payable in the UK but what about the 47% payable in Oz or is this only hearsay?? Do we pay a community charge too?
Old Dec 1st 2006, 6:19 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Well, nearly..

So, after seven, yes SEVEN pages of banter. Have you found this thread beneficial at all?
It started off ok then went to kids in the playground stuff.......way above my sort of posting im affraid.

we are not taking alot with us but as I said earlier we are taking a big will to succeed.
Old Dec 1st 2006, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

h1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to all

Well, nearly..

Sort of!

It was just curiousity that started the thread - should have consulted the cat before posting!!
Old Dec 1st 2006, 6:21 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulainspain
another thing, we all complain about the taxes payable in the UK but what about the 47% payable in Oz or is this only hearsay?? Do we pay a community charge too?

Tax rates/thresholds have changed. http://yahoo.infochoice.com.au/banki...income-tax.asp

Heard someone the other day say com charge in with rent but also have seen comments about 'rates'.
Old Dec 1st 2006, 6:25 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by h1tvd

if you plan ahead and budget for what will be needed (search forum for costs on anything/everything - you will find it mentioned on here at some point in the last coupla years) you wont need to worry if your $xxx will be enough.
as i said in a post way back a couple of pages - but only one person noticed - was that we were going with very little money (no house sale, only a few £k in savings) and we are a family of 2 adults and 3 little kids.
We have planned for every eventuality, researched the cost of everything we can think of, and sorted out jobs before we go (only god knows when that will be!!!) and shall face any financial obstacle with the same positiveness we have when here in the uk.
No one bails us out if we get stuck for money here in the uk, so no one is going to bail us out in aus... we have faced redundancy/illness/hardship and not had to claim a penny in benefits, so the way i see it, why not go to aus and give it a go!?
And if we dont manage financially, we will come back to the uk.
straight forward, sensible planning ... and you cant go wrong.
Old Dec 1st 2006, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

Thumbs up Re: How much equity?

Originally Posted by busterboy
Tax rates/thresholds have changed. http://yahoo.infochoice.com.au/banki...income-tax.asp

Heard someone the other day say com charge in with rent but also have seen comments about 'rates'.
Thanks for that

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.