Reload this Page >

How much equity?

How much equity?

Old Nov 28th 2006, 8:35 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How much equity?

Originally Posted by movetoperth
why should it matter if it raises the value or makes it more sellable, surely the decision to install a pool should be based on whether you think it will enhance your lifestyle or not.

Lynn
doing it for both reasons!
kids want one now as before they weren't bothered.
Also thought it would be a good seeling point as not alot on our street have pools but rep said save your money..most people don't want one.
I don't think it will enhance my life-style at all...just abit of fun for the kids as they don't like the beach.
No harm in trying is there?
Old Nov 28th 2006, 8:59 am
BE Enthusiast

wheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elmtree
We are hoping to take a minimum of £125K, so we'll obviously have to have a mortgage on 'the other side', but we'll have no loans or credit cards outstanding, will have a nice chunk to put down on a house and will start afresh.

Our aim is never to get into debt again ( except for the mortgage, of course ).

I'm sure you'll be fine.

I know someone who went with £6K and they now have a lovely house with pool, a nice new car and a good lifestyle.
I am not going anywhere but I do agree with you that being free of debts is a great thing to do. I paid off the mortgage about 10 years ago and I still get that warm fuzzy feeling thinking about it
Old Nov 28th 2006, 9:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute

First post for a while but just couldn't resist sorry.

I for one get tired of these posts for one reason, money does not make it easier: you cannot put a price on happiness. It may help you buy your nice car with your nice house so what? You may still miss people , you are not able to nip down the chemist to buy the "homesickness" pills.

As I think a couple of other posters have mentioned you can get here and make it if you wish, I know a number of people who have done very well, after coming over with zero dollars.

Remember Hary Enfield's brummie rich characters: "I could not help but notice that we are considerably richer than yow"

This post is beginning to sound like them now

A lot of Aussies have done well for themselves, considering their Grandfathers came over in chains

* Lights blue touch paper & waits*
Old Nov 28th 2006, 11:01 am
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting thread!! Can you turn it into a poll, always good to see the results!!
Old Nov 29th 2006, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

h1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to all

[QUOTE=Dicko]First post for a while but just couldn't resist sorry.

I for one get tired of these posts for one reason, money does not make it easier: you cannot put a price on happiness. It may help you buy your nice car with your nice house so what? You may still miss people , you are not able to nip down the chemist to buy the "homesickness" pills.

As I think a couple of other posters have mentioned you can get here and make it if you wish, I know a number of people who have done very well, after coming over with zero dollars.

Remember Hary Enfield's brummie rich characters: "I could not help but notice that we are considerably richer than yow"

Dicko

I just can't help myself.

As Oscar Wilde said
The accountant knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.
- or should that be cynic?

xxxxxx
Old Nov 29th 2006, 4:49 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by h1tvd
Some people are happy coming with a rucksack and a pair of knickers but I personally would not feel comfortable relocating to the other side of the world with 3 kids under seven without a sizeable sum to see me through.
Touchy?

For the record, both myself and my partner have worked hard all our lives. We have no mortgage because we live in Guildford!!! Check out the house prices online - go figure!!!

Have to also add, that we neither feel comfortable relocating to the other side of the world with just a rucksack and a clean pair of underwear - however, our visas expire in 2010 and theres just no way we can save that much money in that short time!

My post was more about you people (that, incidentally, really annoy the crap out of me), coming on here, giving it the old, 'woe is me, will my trillion pounds be enough to see us through'?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, worked hard for or not, "you should think yourselves bloody lucky"!
Old Nov 29th 2006, 7:10 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: How much equity?

Originally Posted by Dicko

Excellent points; well said that man.

A lot of Aussies have done well for themselves, considering their Grandfathers came over in chains

Absolutely hilarious but logically and historically impossible.

Transportation officially ceased in 1853; the last ship arrived in 1867.

You do the maths.
Old Nov 29th 2006, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

canifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by h1tvd
I'm just curious to find out how much equity people will be able to take with them. :
About £1,500,000. Will keep some property here (industrial units/houses).
Family and I will be moving to Perth and will rent initially.Have yet to see a house I like.
Old Nov 29th 2006, 8:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by canifixit

About £1,500,000.

Bricklayings obviously paying a lot better in UK than it does here then
Old Nov 29th 2006, 8:41 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
My post was more about you people (that, incidentally, really annoy the crap out of me), coming on here, giving it the old, 'woe is me, will my trillion pounds be enough to see us through'?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, worked hard for or not, "you should think yourselves bloody lucky"!
And I've said this before - cut out the personal comments.
Otherwise you will be leaving the forum for a while.
Old Nov 29th 2006, 8:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold

Well said!
Old Nov 29th 2006, 9:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Speargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really nice

[QUOTE=Angela Marie]
Originally Posted by 68MEVY

That's really reassuring, we are taking no where near what we thought as we accepted a low cash offer on the house just to go in the end.
However we will be debt free and have a small deposit for a house.

oh wow you going to Cairns too!! which area you thinking off???? you been before??
Old Nov 30th 2006, 5:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute

Apologies that should have said Great Great Great Great Great Grandfathers

Based on them landing and having children at the age of 25 lol

Good spot tho
Old Nov 30th 2006, 5:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Talking Re: How much equity?

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Excellent points; well said that man.

Absolutely hilarious but logically and historically impossible.

Transportation officially ceased in 1853; the last ship arrived in 1867.

You do the maths.

Good spot tho
Old Nov 30th 2006, 5:18 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: How much equity?

Good spot tho
Thankyou.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.