Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

how much does it cost to move and do I move to au (WARNING - SPIDER CONTENT)

how much does it cost to move and do I move to au (WARNING - SPIDER CONTENT)

Old Jan 8th 2012, 7:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how much does it cost to move and do I move to au

The big "bush" roaches arent a problem...they are usually just passing by and come in by accident... If you find the little german ones its an issue..they will have set up home and quickly become an infestation

yEUCH

And huntsmen arent dangerous in themselves, however they are commonly thought to cause car accidents... Dropping off the visa onto your lap as your driving along... Tho this is probably an urban myth... I've stopped checking my visa...
Old Jan 8th 2012, 7:48 pm
Planning for the future

Emma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bcworld
The massive ones are common, just not commonly in the house in my experience. We have had a couple in the car though which you should probably not mention to your wife!
OMG so now I not only need to get bigger rimmed cups (to put over them til OH gets home) but I now need to spray and vacuum my car every time I get in it... Told my husband to expect lots of upside down cups when he comes home from his 3 weeks away .... This rate I might not get much free floor space by then time 3 weeks are nearly up

Will have to take up speed walking with the kids rather than driving
Old Jan 8th 2012, 7:55 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tramps_mate
Ah crap.. Don't say things like that.. Aren't huntsman's dangerous?
Well they're not venomous. But me sharing a car with one is a dangerous situation!
Old Jan 8th 2012, 8:00 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emma_Par
Told my husband to expect lots of upside down cups when he comes home
Cups?

Old Jan 8th 2012, 8:04 pm
Planning for the future

Emma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of light

Cups?

Lmao, love the little girl at the end. May have to start saving the containers now
Old Jan 8th 2012, 8:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

What the F is that? Don't tell me that's a huntsman?

Have you seen the vid of the guy in the toilet cubicle where he kicks the seat to shift a spider and a big one jumps out on his leg!?

I'm having second thoughts here.....
Old Jan 8th 2012, 8:16 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how much does it cost to move and do I move to au (WARNING - SPIDER CONTENT)

Originally Posted by Alfresco
They won't be everywhere at all.
And all you need is a few large tupperware boxes at the ready at trap them

Incidentally whoever said redbacks are not deadly - they are, their bite can be fatal especially to little kids or the elderly. Its unlikely to be, and there is plenty of treatment available, but they are venomous.
Old Jan 8th 2012, 8:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how much does it cost to move and do I move to au (WARNING - SPIDER CONTENT)

Originally Posted by Pollyana
And all you need is a few large tupperware boxes at the ready at trap them

Incidentally whoever said redbacks are not deadly - they are, their bite can be fatal especially to little kids or the elderly. Its unlikely to be, and there is plenty of treatment available, but they are venomous.
They can cause nasty flu like symptoms... Nausea and vomiting etc in the healthy... Worst case scenario is you have an allergy to them like some ine having an allergy to bee stings... They are crafty little buggers... And itsvreally difficult to tell what bit you....
Old Jan 8th 2012, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

skinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really nice

I said they`re not deadly. Yes they are venomous and very old and young are at risk. But I read nobody has died here from a spider bite since 1955(that may have changed). And I am sure more people have died from wasp stings in the UK even fit and healthy due to anaphalactic (guessed spelling)shock. In that context I would list them as not deadly.
Old Jan 8th 2012, 8:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by skinnygeorge
I said they`re not deadly. Yes they are venomous and very old and young are at risk. But I read nobody has died here from a spider bite since 1955(that may have changed). And I am sure more people have died from wasp stings in the UK even fit and healthy due to anaphalactic (guessed spelling)shock. In that context I would list them as not deadly.
That could be down to reporting/recording of deaths...

Anaphalactic shock would be the cause of death not red back bite....

Just saying like....
Old Jan 8th 2012, 8:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

I'm not concerned about being bitten, just a spider that big would freak me out big style!!
Old Jan 8th 2012, 8:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
They can cause nasty flu like symptoms... Nausea and vomiting etc in the healthy... Worst case scenario is you have an allergy to them like some ine having an allergy to bee stings... They are crafty little buggers... And itsvreally difficult to tell what bit you....
Yehp...quite often people get bitten by an owner source either in bed or when putting on clothes. I reckon I've had 3 unknown bites during my 30 years here. Sometimes the worst irritants can be the humble mossie.

BTW I reckon that youtube spider video was staged. Sounds like a 30 YO woman impersonating a child to me.

We've got a woman at work that picks those huntsmen up with her bare hands.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Jan 8th 2012 at 8:57 pm.
Old Jan 8th 2012, 9:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Mozzie bites are the WORST... Especially on the toes or fingers... I burn, swell and itch like fluck...

i TOTALLY over react to mozzies...

Its Not like me at all
Old Jan 8th 2012, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

skinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really nice

You`re right there. I hate the bites on the elbow or ankle right near the bone. My sister bought us a couple of things called ZIPCLICK, they`re a pietzo zapper you press on the bite and push a button instead of scratching, which usually leads to aggravating the area and causing infection. They sell them in BCF/Anaconda etc, But my sister got them from Boots in the UK I think. A very good investment though. And once again that is another large drawback of the climate. You just don`t sit outside when the sun goes down. Though we plan to net the patio soon, And the mozzy coils and candles are quite effective.
Old Jan 8th 2012, 10:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

bingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tramps_mate
What the F is that? Don't tell me that's a huntsman?

Have you seen the vid of the guy in the toilet cubicle where he kicks the seat to shift a spider and a big one jumps out on his leg!?

I'm having second thoughts here.....
Seriously the ants will annoy you more.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.