How long for UK to Aus mail?

You're on Page 6 of 6
Go to
  • Re: How long for UK to Aus mail?
    Quote: Yes still with customs for some reason, they seem to be batch releasing at present.
    I was going to ask about that -just picked up four letters from different parts of the Uk, sent at varying times from 3weeks ago to 6 weeks ago. All arrived together
    Effing ridiculous.

Two have to be signed and sent straight back, be interesting to see how quick that is!
    Quote: I was going to ask about that -just picked up four letters from different parts of the Uk, sent at varying times from 3weeks ago to 6 weeks ago. All arrived together
    Effing ridiculous.
    I wonder if there were any of those consumer TV shows that would be interested in doing a story?
    Quote: I wonder if there were any of those consumer TV shows that would be interested in doing a story?
    Possibly, but I'm not into that sort of thing, I would hate to be on TV
    Quote: Yes still with customs for some reason, they seem to be batch releasing at present.
    It has been delivered! Wahoo.
    Quote: It has been delivered! Wahoo.
    Probably a good time to add that if sending vital documents use the Royal Mail service "Parcel Force globalpriority" from the UK. Which equates the same to a courier service..... saves a lot of worries. The Managers of the receiving delivery centres will deliver those personally if necessary.... Guaranteed, I've heard of them going out in their own vehicles before if all the posties are out on the road and the article has turned up after the posties have left the delivery centres.

Use the following from Aus if you want the same level of service.

https://auspost.com.au/sending/send-...tional-courier
    3 weeks for registered mail - £8.35 to send back passport.

My postie, Dave, reckons it's to do with the two-speed delivery system. Before, they had guys working through the night to sort, now it goes to storage and waits...
    Quote: 3 weeks for registered mail - £8.35 to send back passport.

My postie, Dave, reckons it's to do with the two-speed delivery system. Before, they had guys working through the night to sort, now it goes to storage and waits...
    Night sorters only do hand sorted mail, Small parcels, up to 3 kilos now !! IE: non-machineable hard to read or badly post coded items, Items rejected by the machines. Dandenong and Sydney super centres where the main machines are work 24 hours per day.

They are trying to use machinery to get rid of night shift, but it's a slow process. Wish I could get off it, its worth $10,000's as a redundancy package to me. Plus I cant leave without a package in the interim, in case they do bring packages out, which would be a very costly financial mistake on my behalf. So we are all stuck. The only way people leave now is if they get chronically Ill or some other personal catastrophe.

70 out of 253 of us across Melbourne were supposed to go on September 29th, Paperwork filled in, counselling for what to do post redundancy, Final figure payout given to those that wanted voluntary. They reneged two weeks before the due date.... 2nd time it's happened in 18months..

We're not going till January now.... Except Amazon is coming, so we won't be going anywhere. Combine that with attrition and no one is leaving on a package.