Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Australia

Old Oct 4th 2017, 6:07 am   #76
Witchy Hermit
Premium Member

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long for UK to Aus mail?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzieeagle View Post
Yes still with customs for some reason, they seem to be batch releasing at present.
I was going to ask about that -just picked up four letters from different parts of the Uk, sent at varying times from 3weeks ago to 6 weeks ago. All arrived together
Effing ridiculous.

Two have to be signed and sent straight back, be interesting to see how quick that is!
Once in the hands of fate,there is no choice, An echo on the wind,you'll hear my voice............"
Pollyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th 2017, 11:11 am   #77
GarryP 
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollyana View Post
I was going to ask about that -just picked up four letters from different parts of the Uk, sent at varying times from 3weeks ago to 6 weeks ago. All arrived together
Effing ridiculous.
I wonder if there were any of those consumer TV shows that would be interested in doing a story?
GarryP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th 2017, 11:46 am   #78
Witchy Hermit
Premium Member

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarryP View Post
I wonder if there were any of those consumer TV shows that would be interested in doing a story?
Possibly, but I'm not into that sort of thing, I would hate to be on TV
Once in the hands of fate,there is no choice, An echo on the wind,you'll hear my voice............"
Old Oct 5th 2017, 12:49 pm   #79
Just Joined

SarahL13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzieeagle View Post
Yes still with customs for some reason, they seem to be batch releasing at present.
It has been delivered! Wahoo.
SarahL13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th 2017, 1:45 pm   #80
Witchy Hermit
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahL13 View Post
It has been delivered! Wahoo.
Old Oct 5th 2017, 3:40 pm   #81
Moreland Member

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Probably a good time to add that if sending vital documents use the Royal Mail service "Parcel Force globalpriority" from the UK. Which equates the same to a courier service..... saves a lot of worries. The Managers of the receiving delivery centres will deliver those personally if necessary.... Guaranteed, I've heard of them going out in their own vehicles before if all the posties are out on the road and the article has turned up after the posties have left the delivery centres.

Use the following from Aus if you want the same level of service.

https://auspost.com.au/sending/send-...tional-courier

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Oct 5th 2017 at 3:59 pm.
ozzieeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th 2017, 4:35 am   #82
BE Enthusiast

ebo1608 is a glorious beacon of lightebo1608 is a glorious beacon of lightebo1608 is a glorious beacon of lightebo1608 is a glorious beacon of lightebo1608 is a glorious beacon of lightebo1608 is a glorious beacon of lightebo1608 is a glorious beacon of lightebo1608 is a glorious beacon of lightebo1608 is a glorious beacon of lightebo1608 is a glorious beacon of lightebo1608 is a glorious beacon of light

3 weeks for registered mail - £8.35 to send back passport.

My postie, Dave, reckons it's to do with the two-speed delivery system. Before, they had guys working through the night to sort, now it goes to storage and waits...

Last edited by ebo1608; Oct 10th 2017 at 5:20 am. Reason: Can't count - it was just 3 not 4.
ebo1608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th 2017, 8:02 am   #83
Moreland Member

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebo1608 View Post
3 weeks for registered mail - £8.35 to send back passport.

My postie, Dave, reckons it's to do with the two-speed delivery system. Before, they had guys working through the night to sort, now it goes to storage and waits...
Night sorters only do hand sorted mail, Small parcels, up to 3 kilos now !! IE: non-machineable hard to read or badly post coded items, Items rejected by the machines. Dandenong and Sydney super centres where the main machines are work 24 hours per day.

They are trying to use machinery to get rid of night shift, but it's a slow process. Wish I could get off it, its worth $10,000's as a redundancy package to me. Plus I cant leave without a package in the interim, in case they do bring packages out, which would be a very costly financial mistake on my behalf. So we are all stuck. The only way people leave now is if they get chronically Ill or some other personal catastrophe.

70 out of 253 of us across Melbourne were supposed to go on September 29th, Paperwork filled in, counselling for what to do post redundancy, Final figure payout given to those that wanted voluntary. They reneged two weeks before the due date.... 2nd time it's happened in 18months..

We're not going till January now.... Except Amazon is coming, so we won't be going anywhere. Combine that with attrition and no one is leaving on a package.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Oct 10th 2017 at 8:14 am.
ozzieeagle is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Australia