Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How long for UK to Aus mail?

How long for UK to Aus mail?

Old Sep 22nd 2017, 12:59 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long for UK to Aus mail?

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Amazon contract confirmed.
Really?

Haven't seen anything in the press, yet.

Any word on when from (eg when do they launch?)
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 2:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP
Really?

Haven't seen anything in the press, yet.

Any word on when from (eg when do they launch?)
This is internally to the staff
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 6:58 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

had to laugh today, posted two items, identical size, one to the UK, one to Perth CBD.

Aus Post lady stamped the first one and said "that'll take 8 working days', stamped the second and said 'oh...... that says 8 days as well! How does that work?'
I just told her I bet the UK one actually takes 3 or 4 days and the Perth one 3 weeks and left her puzzling over it. I think she's new.....
Old Sep 25th 2017, 10:56 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Finally received my birthday present from daughter in UK. Looks like it was sat at Sydney Airport for a ridiculous amount of time because I'm pretty sure it wasn't in the air from the 9th to the 20th. Five days to get from Sydney to the GC seems too long but I guess I should be grateful I got it at all
Attached Thumbnails How long for UK to Aus mail?-2017-09-25.png  
Old Sep 25th 2017, 11:00 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Finally received my birthday present from daughter in UK.
Less than 3 weeks for a parcel isn't bad for Auspost.

I'm going to tell the rellies to send me a present with the card if they want to get the card to me on time.
Old Sep 26th 2017, 1:43 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ebo1608

I'm going to tell the rellies to send me a present with the card if they want to get the card to me on time.
Depends how low your standards are I guess. If Royal Mail can get a parcel to the airport and on a plane in a day, I'm at a loss as to why Australia Post/Customs think it ok to sit on stuff for weeks. I would suggest you tell the rellies to send your envelope a month early and to use tracking and hope the 'present' inside doesn't go walkabout.
Old Sep 26th 2017, 6:22 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Depends how low your standards are I guess. If Royal Mail can get a parcel to the airport and on a plane in a day, I'm at a loss as to why Australia Post/Customs think it ok to sit on stuff for weeks. I would suggest you tell the rellies to send your envelope a month early and to use tracking and hope the 'present' inside doesn't go walkabout.
3 weeks is disgraceful, especially considering that for most of the time I've been here if something took a week it was considered slow. 3-4 days used to be quite nromal, thats why the current service is considered so diabolical.
Old Sep 26th 2017, 7:51 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ebo1608

This was my attempt at sarcasm, and not to be taken seriously.

Having earlier stated one should allow 4 weeks I was giving praise where it was due.

In this modern era we are not allowed to criticise and everybody should be afforded a win, even if they are lacking (I'm programmed to be nice and can't use that 4-letter word I really want to substitute for lacking).
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 11:58 am
Just Joined

SarahL13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Finally received my birthday present from daughter in UK. Looks like it was sat at Sydney Airport for a ridiculous amount of time because I'm pretty sure it wasn't in the air from the 9th to the 20th. Five days to get from Sydney to the GC seems too long but I guess I should be grateful I got it at all
I sent a letter the day before and it STILL has not been delivered!
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 12:06 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
This is internally to the staff
Hi ozzieeagle, wondering if you can help me... Do you think this letter is lost? Or just stuck at the border! Royal mail tracking ...LB123324492GB

Not allowed to attach images as I am new to the forum. Thanks :-)
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 7:56 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by SarahL13
Hi ozzieeagle, wondering if you can help me... Do you think this letter is lost? Or just stuck at the border! Royal mail tracking ...LB123324492GB

Not allowed to attach images as I am new to the forum. Thanks :-)
Thats barely 4 weeks (sent 8/9/17), most mail at present from the UK is about 6 weeks. Don't consider it lost for at least another couple of months.
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 8:42 pm
Account Closed

Strikes looking likely - send your cards now.

Royal Mail workers vote to strike over pensions and pay dispute | UK | News | Express.co.uk
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 9:42 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Thats barely 4 weeks (sent 8/9/17), most mail at present from the UK is about 6 weeks. Don't consider it lost for at least another couple of months.
Thanks Pollyana. The letter contains documents for a skills assessment so getting a bit concerned about having to get everything certified again!Lesson learnt, I will send important documents via courier in future.

I wish I had seen this thread before sending it as I had no idea it would take this long! Ah well, nothing I can do but wait. According to AusPost they haven't received it yet so it is (hopefully) with customs as according to the tracking it landed in Australia on the 19th!!
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 9:55 pm
Account Closed

I will send important documents via courier in future.!
Good list of couriers here. You can get better deals by using a broker than going direct.
https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/che...om-199-2804345
Old Oct 4th 2017, 1:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Pollyana. The letter contains documents for a skills assessment so getting a bit concerned about having to get everything certified again!Lesson learnt, I will send important documents via courier in future.

I wish I had seen this thread before sending it as I had no idea it would take this long! Ah well, nothing I can do but wait. According to AusPost they haven't received it yet so it is (hopefully) with customs as according to the tracking it landed in Australia on the 19th!!

Yes still with customs for some reason, they seem to be batch releasing at present.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.