Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How Long did it take once u sent your meds back to Oz??

View Poll Results: How long did it take to hear you got your visa after you send your Meds & PC's back??
They got lost in the post!!?!?!? (Oh god NOOOOO!!)
0%
It took 1-2 weeks
23.91%
It took 3 weeks
19.57%
It took 4 weeks
13.04%
It took 5 weeks
8.70%
It took 6 weeks
6.52%
It took 7 weeks
2.17%
It took 8 weeks or MORE!!!?!?!?
26.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

How Long did it take once u sent your meds back to Oz??

Old Jun 2nd 2006, 9:25 am
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How Long did it take once u sent your meds back to Oz??

Originally Posted by ged
Hi Toon
we are also with an agent and dont like doing things behind there back , but had an email from them yesterday and them said they will wait till July to get in touch if they haven't heard any think ! that seem a really long wait for us.Did you get in touch with LCU to see if they had received your medicals? and if so how ? i am in the B category as well rest of the family A.

Jackie

Our agents get funny when we chase up things, and my husband gets the hump as he thinks we are paying them a lot of money and they are not doing their job properly!! But I suppose they know how the system works!!

I emailed [email protected] and put on type of Visa, Names and DOB's of all applicants, and when medicals were sent and a really polite email asking for information!! It came back the same night I sent it!! But remember if you send one today you wont hear anything until Sunday/Monday now!!

I agree that July does seem quite a while to wait before they chase it up!! When did you send your medicals?? It says it can take up to 8 weeks!!?!?!?!?

Nightmare though all this waiting driving me mental!!

Good luck anyway let me know how you get on!!
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 12:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to all

Hi there,

We just received our email on Tuesday saying visa granted. We waited 10 weeks after our meds were done before we got news. We did not use an agent but I am sure if we did I would not be waiting until July to contact anyone. I'm with your hubby paying them a lot of money and you need to be on their back. Ask them if you have a region and CO and if agent doesn't do anything you do it.

We contacted our CO a couple of times asking if they required any further info (very politely of course) and he always replied very quickly. The waiting if unbearable but hang in there it will be worth it.

good luck to all

Sandra
x
Old Jun 4th 2006, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

kateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nice

Originally Posted by toon williams
Still playing the waiting game and just wondered on average how many more weeks/months we will have to play it!!

Just sent PC's and Medicals back to Sydney and wondered how long did it take you from sending them back to getting a response??

meds were sent off on 19th may but they needed extra info ( pay slips, evidence of defacto relationship etc).

these were delivered by courier on the 31st may and we got the visa 2(yes 2) days later.

derek
Old Jun 13th 2006, 6:14 pm
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I started this thread and at last can put on my answer!!!

Sent Visa off on 10th May and got Visa 12th June!!!
Old Jun 13th 2006, 6:32 pm
Just Joined

fuzziferret is a name known to allfuzziferret is a name known to allfuzziferret is a name known to allfuzziferret is a name known to allfuzziferret is a name known to allfuzziferret is a name known to allfuzziferret is a name known to allfuzziferret is a name known to allfuzziferret is a name known to allfuzziferret is a name known to allfuzziferret is a name known to all
Unhappy Re: How Long did it take once u sent your meds back to Oz??

Hi Toon,
Congratulations, it's good to hear some cheery news. Our agent got a very curt reply from the Aus CO regarding our case. Everything was sent off at the end of Jan and she just e mailed and said she wasn't in a position to make a decision on our case and wouldn't be for at least another month that will put us at 20 weeks and counting. It's desperate. I haven't found anyone else who took this long and have a very bad feeling. I think we have found the most hormonal, miserable CO in the whole of Australia.
Originally Posted by toon williams
Oh I started this thread and at last can put on my answer!!!

Sent Visa off on 10th May and got Visa 12th June!!!
Old Jun 13th 2006, 7:17 pm
An Official Visa Holder

Originally Posted by fuzziferret
Hi Toon,
Congratulations, it's good to hear some cheery news. Our agent got a very curt reply from the Aus CO regarding our case. Everything was sent off at the end of Jan and she just e mailed and said she wasn't in a position to make a decision on our case and wouldn't be for at least another month that will put us at 20 weeks and counting. It's desperate. I haven't found anyone else who took this long and have a very bad feeling. I think we have found the most hormonal, miserable CO in the whole of Australia.

What type of visa are you trying to get?? That sounds like an awful long time to me!! We have just got a 136 MODL which I know are normally the quickest, and having read alot of threads on here some of the other types of visas can take a lot longer!!

If it were me I would maybe send her a really really really really polite email asking for information, I have found as long as you are polite they are normally quite polite back!!!

Good luck anyway!!
Old Jun 13th 2006, 7:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fuzziferret
Hi Toon,
Aw, sorry to hear that. But these things take time. You will get there, I know you will. It is very frustrating all the waiting, we have all been there so know just how you feel.

What you need is some time out, go on holiday even if it's just for the weekend. You will feel so much better for it though.