Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How Long did it take once u sent your meds back to Oz??

View Poll Results: How long did it take to hear you got your visa after you send your Meds & PC's back??
They got lost in the post!!?!?!? (Oh god NOOOOO!!)
0%
It took 1-2 weeks
23.91%
It took 3 weeks
19.57%
It took 4 weeks
13.04%
It took 5 weeks
8.70%
It took 6 weeks
6.52%
It took 7 weeks
2.17%
It took 8 weeks or MORE!!!?!?!?
26.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

How Long did it take once u sent your meds back to Oz??

Old May 30th 2006, 11:40 pm
Bloomin' well done it!!!!

ladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How Long did it take once u sent your meds back to Oz??

Originally Posted by toon williams
Oh I hope it isnt any longer than 4 weeks I just about made it to 20 days!!

I can remember reading threads about people waiting for their decision when I had just joined this site and we were just sending off our TRA application and I was thinking, oh it cant be that bad, but it IS, infact it is worse than I thought!!

Everything goes on hold until you get the "VERDICT"!! Feel like we cant move forward and do anything else until it comes through!!
I felt the same - - -but i now have to say this this part is worse :scared:

I have never had any doubts about what we're doing until the visa grant came through.

Now I am a gibbering wreck. - - -there is soooooomuch to do -- i don't know where to start.

I want the visa to come with your own personal SORTER(now that may be a business venture)I just want someone to do everything else now!!!!

help me out guys - - - i can't get my head around everything there is t do.

Oh, ok then - - i'll have a

Love from a very screwed up person!!!!

xRachx
Old May 31st 2006, 9:46 am
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ladywithatorch
I felt the same - - -but i now have to say this this part is worse :scared:

I have never had any doubts about what we're doing until the visa grant came through.

Now I am a gibbering wreck. - - -there is soooooomuch to do -- i don't know where to start.

I want the visa to come with your own personal SORTER(now that may be a business venture)I just want someone to do everything else now!!!!

help me out guys - - - i can't get my head around everything there is t do.

Oh, ok then - - i'll have a

Love from a very screwed up person!!!!

xRachx

I know where you are coming from on that one to!! It seems so daunting the amount of stuff that needs to be done prior to your departure!! I have decided I will compile a list, (got it from a thread on here) and then tick each thing off as and when it is done!!

That way when I am on the plane out of here I wont have any "OH my God I forgot ......" moments!! Well hopefully I wont!! But by then who cares!!
Old May 31st 2006, 4:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to all

I feel exactly the same. Frustrated that it took so long for the visas to finally come and when we got it yesterday I couldn't concentrate at work and felt sick the whole day. No better today. Just told our 11 year old who does not want to go she went very quiet and went to her room. She is having problems with her friends just now and feeling low as it is, hopefully that will pass soon. Pre pubescent hormonal girls!!!!!! Still to tell family that will be fun NOT, eruptions in Glasgow soon all beware.

Anyway on a lighter note we might have someone interested in our house and it's not even on the market. Need to stay calm, this is just not our luck but then again maybe our luck is about to change. House Doctor stuff not finished yet.

Good luck to everyone and stay positive (I know it's hard).

Sandra
x
Old Jun 1st 2006, 10:34 pm
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute

I see alot of people say that they have found out their medicals have been processed by LCU (I think) how do you find that very useful bit of information out?? Do they email you or your agent or do you need to Phone???
Old Jun 1st 2006, 10:46 pm

ladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond repute

I see alot of people say that they have found out their medicals have been processed by LCU (I think) how do you find that very useful bit of information out?? Do they email you or your agent or do you need to Phone???
I e'mailed LCU direct as I was panicking that they had got lost in the post. I didn't ask for results - -just confirmation of reciept.

They replied during the same night.

Here's the address................... [email protected]

Hope this helps

xRachx
Old Jun 1st 2006, 10:47 pm

I e'mailed LCU direct as I was panicking that they had got lost in the post. I didn't ask for results - -just confirmation of reciept.

Hope this helps

xRachx
Can i just add -they gave me the results too

xRachx
Old Jun 1st 2006, 10:49 pm
An Official Visa Holder

I e'mailed LCU direct as I was panicking that they had ot lost in the post. I didn't ask for results - -just confirmation of reciept.

Hope this helps

xRachx

Thank you will email them straight away!!!!!
Old Jun 1st 2006, 10:50 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Email them on [email protected]
Give them all names and DOB's, and the type of visa applied for.
Also tell them when your meds arrived at LCU. To find that out go onto the couriers website, and enter the tracking number. Ask your panel doctor's office for the tracking number if you don't know it.

Julie. x
Old Jun 1st 2006, 11:01 pm
An Official Visa Holder

Originally Posted by Juliecabs
Email them on [email protected]
Give them all names and DOB's, and the type of visa applied for.
Also tell them when your meds arrived at LCU. To find that out go onto the couriers website, and enter the tracking number. Ask your panel doctor's office for the tracking number if you don't know it.

Julie. x

Thanks Julie and Rach have sent the email to them and will wait and see what comes back!!

Ours were sent by normal post rather than courier, so not sure if there is a tracking number, but will ring the medical centre tomorrow to find out!!

Fingers crossed they got there safely!!

Suzie
x
Old Jun 1st 2006, 11:16 pm
ged
Forum Regular

ged is just really niceged is just really niceged is just really niceged is just really niceged is just really niceged is just really niceged is just really niceged is just really niceged is just really niceged is just really niceged is just really nice

Hi Toon Williams,

Stupid question really, does it take longer for people to here the verdict of there meds if they have a ailment, you see Jackie has got arthritis, although its under control and the doctor at our meds told us he doesn,t see any problems, he said they may come back and ask him for some for info on her condition.

Bye for now
Ged & Jackie
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 7:46 am
An Official Visa Holder

Thanks Julie and Rach have sent the email to them and will wait and see what comes back!!

Ours were sent by normal post rather than courier, so not sure if there is a tracking number, but will ring the medical centre tomorrow to find out!!

Fingers crossed they got there safely!!

Suzie
x

Well this morning I got an email saying the following

The medical results for you and your family have been received and
processed. Pls contact your case officer should you have any further enquiries.

So now on one hand I am really pleased they got my medicals etc but everytime I read the email they sent back I read it in a different way!!

I have no idea who our case officer is as our agent never told us and if I ring them to ask them for the information they will get all funny that I rung DIMIA!!

So back to the waiting game now!!! Surely cant be to long now!!
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 7:48 am
An Official Visa Holder

Originally Posted by ged
Hi Toon Williams,

Stupid question really, does it take longer for people to here the verdict of there meds if they have a ailment, you see Jackie has got arthritis, although its under control and the doctor at our meds told us he doesn,t see any problems, he said they may come back and ask him for some for info on her condition.

Bye for now
Ged & Jackie

I have no idea at all!! I will let you know when I get my news as we are in the "B" queue rather than the "A" queue!!
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

pink_margarita is on a distinguished road

I have no idea at all!! I will let you know when I get my news as we are in the "B" queue rather than the "A" queue!!
hi toon williams! how did u know you're a B? did the local doctor tell you straight away? or was it LCU who gave you that rating?
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 8:56 am
An Official Visa Holder

Originally Posted by pink_margarita
hi toon williams! how did u know you're a B? did the local doctor tell you straight away? or was it LCU who gave you that rating?
When we had our medicals the medical examiner told us we were a B (or I am, the others are all A's) as we needed to supply a Medical report for a condition a couple of years back!!

Apparently he said to me you are an A if there is nothing at all wrong with any of you and a B if additional information is needed!!

Hope that helps in someway!!?!?!?
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 9:19 am
ged
Forum Regular

ged is just really niceged is just really niceged is just really niceged is just really niceged is just really niceged is just really niceged is just really niceged is just really niceged is just really niceged is just really niceged is just really nice

When we had our medicals the medical examiner told us we were a B (or I am, the others are all A's) as we needed to supply a Medical report for a condition a couple of years back!!

Apparently he said to me you are an A if there is nothing at all wrong with any of you and a B if additional information is needed!!

Hope that helps in someway!!?!?!?

Hi Toon
we are also with an agent and dont like doing things behind there back , but had an email from them yesterday and them said they will wait till July to get in touch if they haven't heard any think ! that seem a really long wait for us.Did you get in touch with LCU to see if they had received your medicals? and if so how ? i am in the B category as well rest of the family A.

Jackie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.