Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How Long did it take once u sent your meds back to Oz??

View Poll Results: How long did it take to hear you got your visa after you send your Meds & PC's back??
They got lost in the post!!?!?!? (Oh god NOOOOO!!)
0%
It took 1-2 weeks
23.91%
It took 3 weeks
19.57%
It took 4 weeks
13.04%
It took 5 weeks
8.70%
It took 6 weeks
6.52%
It took 7 weeks
2.17%
It took 8 weeks or MORE!!!?!?!?
26.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

How Long did it take once u sent your meds back to Oz??

Old May 24th 2006, 7:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to all
Default Re: How Long did it take once u sent your meds back to Oz??

Sorry to hear that, hope everything works out ok. Will keep fingers crossed.
Good luck
Sandra

Originally Posted by framac
Meds done on 24th Sept 2005, told us within 6 mths.
Got word in Mar to say son didnt pass med (blind)
Thought approp docs were in order. (not so obviously)
Appealed by e-mail abt 1week later.
Received letter abt 1 mth ago to return to doc
Went there, told we had to go to opthamologist.
Appointment that night. Successful. Done that. Another 150 smackers.
Told by doc, he'll return docs to her and she'll send them on.
Been 4 wks now and nothing.
Getting conflicting opinions.
I'm thinking FAIL.
About 18mths of beauracracy suffered. About 2000 big ones wasted and all for what?????????????????

Sorry abt this but its pissing me right off severely
Old May 24th 2006, 8:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WendyC
Have you e-mailed LCU and seen if they have been passed or not??

Wendy, excuse the ignorance, I'm only a man
What is LCU
Old May 24th 2006, 8:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandra and Jim
Sorry to hear that, hope everything works out ok. Will keep fingers crossed.
Good luck
Sandra

Cheers Sandra. I think I need it.
Old May 24th 2006, 8:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Wendy, excuse the ignorance, I'm only a man
What is LCU

LCU - Local Clearance Unit

You can contact them by e-mail. The details are here
Old May 24th 2006, 8:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

LCU - Local Clearance Unit

You can contact them by e-mail. The details are here
Wendy, I've checked it out and they are wanting courier /mail and the date sent. I don't know as the doctor dealt with this and told us all we had to do was wait.
Franny
Old May 24th 2006, 8:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Wendy, I've checked it out and they are wanting courier /mail and the date sent. I don't know as the doctor dealt with this and told us all we had to do was wait.
Franny

Typical, it's easier said than done !!
Old May 24th 2006, 8:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Typical, it's easier said than done !!

Cheers anyway Wendy.
Old May 24th 2006, 9:35 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Franny
Franny,
Our panel doc sent our meds by courier, so I phoned the doctor who told us who the courier was and what the tracking number was.
I then checked the couriers website, entered the tracking number and Hey Presto! it told me when the meds arrived, at what time and who signed for them. You can then give this info to LCU.

Julie. x
Old May 24th 2006, 10:32 pm
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute

Franny

Surely you can ring the doctor and get the details of how the docs were sent and when!!

I hope it all comes good for you all, after your "fight" you deserve a lucky break!! Got everything crossed!!
Old May 25th 2006, 6:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thumbs up Re: How Long did it take once u sent your meds back to Oz??

Originally Posted by toon williams
Surely you can ring the doctor and get the details of how the docs were sent and when!!

I hope it all comes good for you all, after your "fight" you deserve a lucky break!! Got everything crossed!!
A big CHEERS to all who've had a wee say in my predicament and sorry to the op if it detoured the thread slightly and Wendy-C have some Karma. You deserve it
Franny
Old May 26th 2006, 1:36 pm
Nothing is Free!

Location: Seacliff Park, Adelaide. Call in for a drink and a bbq if your passin'
Rachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of light

Still playing the waiting game and just wondered on average how many more weeks/months we will have to play it!!

Just sent PC's and Medicals back to Sydney and wondered how long did it take you from sending them back to getting a response??
ours were there within a week, got our visas the following week.
Good luck.
paul
Old May 26th 2006, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

mattvicki has a spectacular aura aboutmattvicki has a spectacular aura aboutmattvicki has a spectacular aura about

It took us exactly 70 days.
I suspect as we were non-modl the CO put us aside untill the standard 70 days to reply was up and then looked at us.
(we got our meds to Sydney within 2 weeks of CO requesting them)

M&V

Still playing the waiting game and just wondered on average how many more weeks/months we will have to play it!!

Just sent PC's and Medicals back to Sydney and wondered how long did it take you from sending them back to getting a response??
Old May 30th 2006, 9:57 pm
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute

If it was a while ago that they were sent then I reckon they would have asked for more info if they had needed it. So wouldn't worry, you would have know within 3 weeks of them being sent I would think.

Probably a silly question but how quickly do they ask you for extra information if they need it?? Is it normally quite quickly??
Old May 30th 2006, 10:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Probably a silly question but how quickly do they ask you for extra information if they need it?? Is it normally quite quickly??

I'm not sure, but they seem to clear them within 2 - 3 weeks if there is no problem, so I can't see it taking that long. Maybe 4 weeks max, but that's just a guess.
Old May 30th 2006, 10:06 pm
An Official Visa Holder

I'm not sure, but they seem to clear them within 2 - 3 weeks if there is no problem, so I can't see it taking that long. Maybe 4 weeks max, but that's just a guess.

Oh I hope it isnt any longer than 4 weeks I just about made it to 20 days!!

I can remember reading threads about people waiting for their decision when I had just joined this site and we were just sending off our TRA application and I was thinking, oh it cant be that bad, but it IS, infact it is worse than I thought!!

Everything goes on hold until you get the "VERDICT"!! Feel like we cant move forward and do anything else until it comes through!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.