Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How Long did it take once u sent your meds back to Oz??

View Poll Results: How long did it take to hear you got your visa after you send your Meds & PC's back??
They got lost in the post!!?!?!? (Oh god NOOOOO!!)
0%
It took 1-2 weeks
23.91%
It took 3 weeks
19.57%
It took 4 weeks
13.04%
It took 5 weeks
8.70%
It took 6 weeks
6.52%
It took 7 weeks
2.17%
It took 8 weeks or MORE!!!?!?!?
26.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

How Long did it take once u sent your meds back to Oz??

Old May 22nd 2006, 5:26 pm
Just Joined

fuzziferret is a name known to allfuzziferret is a name known to allfuzziferret is a name known to allfuzziferret is a name known to allfuzziferret is a name known to allfuzziferret is a name known to allfuzziferret is a name known to allfuzziferret is a name known to allfuzziferret is a name known to allfuzziferret is a name known to allfuzziferret is a name known to all
Default Re: How Long did it take once u sent your meds back to Oz??

sponsored skilled migrant visa. Don't know if we dare phone DIMIA direct we have been warned that hassling them is not really a good idea, so a little worried about upsetting them for fear of being binned! Our sponsor had her interview in Jan which went well. No troubles with the meds or police checks and our bond was lodged in Jan too. Not sure if anyone else has suffered this kind of length of wait. The case officer was contacted towards the end of April and replied to our agent saying she would be looking to close the case that week, but no news so far! Our agent has said it maybe that she's gone on holiday! good for her if she has we can't do a damn thing till we hear one way or another!
Originally Posted by toon williams
God have you rung DIMIA direct?? Think I would of done if it was me!! What type of visa are you after??
Old May 22nd 2006, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to all

Hi there,

We had meds done on 20th March, 9 weeks today, 136 MODL, job waiting for OH, CO changed, discrepancy with eldest DOB and we are still waiting. Lodged application on 10th November. We have emailed CO still waiting. Good on everyone who has had their visas granted - crap for all others who are still waiting. Hurry up DIMIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sandra
x

Need more answers on my poll, this is keeping me occupied checking each day to see who has answered, is certainly helping the time aspect of waiting to go well a little quicker!!
Old May 22nd 2006, 9:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

What sort of visa was that for??
Standard Skilled Visa.

I posted it on the Monday and got the visa on Friday(something silly) - it was almost like they'd posted them before the results came back.
Old May 22nd 2006, 10:19 pm
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fuzziferret
sponsored skilled migrant visa. Don't know if we dare phone DIMIA direct we have been warned that hassling them is not really a good idea, so a little worried about upsetting them for fear of being binned! Our sponsor had her interview in Jan which went well. No troubles with the meds or police checks and our bond was lodged in Jan too. Not sure if anyone else has suffered this kind of length of wait. The case officer was contacted towards the end of April and replied to our agent saying she would be looking to close the case that week, but no news so far! Our agent has said it maybe that she's gone on holiday! good for her if she has we can't do a damn thing till we hear one way or another!
I would ring them to find out direct still!! As long as you are polite they cant get the hump with you!! It not like you been ringing and ringing them all the time!! I rang them (depsite agent saying not to) to find out if we had a CO and the girl was really helpful 2 days later we had a CO!! I think you got nothing to lose, at least it would put your mind at rest!!
Old May 24th 2006, 11:29 am
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know, if you send back your forms as an A does it go through quicker than if you send back forms as a B!?!?

Hope that makes sense to someone!!
Old May 24th 2006, 2:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to all

Can you tell me what A,B,C stands for I don't know anything about these and we did not put any of them on our paperwork and we have been waiting 9 weeks this week since our meds etc sent away.

Any info greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Sandra

Does anyone know, if you send back your forms as an A does it go through quicker than if you send back forms as a B!?!?

Hope that makes sense to someone!!
Old May 24th 2006, 2:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Toon,

It won't make much difference to the time I don't think unless they want more info from you. If that's the case then obviously that will delay them.

Sandra,

A meds mean that the panel doctor doesn't think there is anything to worry about. B means they are concerned with something.

It doesn't necessarily mean anything at all as it is LCU who decide what they class as good or bad and if they want more info or not.

I wouldn't worry about it as unless you have a pre-existing medical condition, you should pass the meds with little hassle. If you do have any conditions then it is advised to go to your doctors before the medicals and get some reports from them to take with you. This will then save you time.

Hope that helps
Wendy
Old May 24th 2006, 3:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks WendyC

Nothing major except overweight and a history of high BP although within the limit for my age at meds (120/84). It has been very high before but well controlled on medication all this written down by Doc. Might phone the doc who carried out meds to see if she remembers what she put on our form.

Thanks for your help
Sandra

Originally Posted by WendyC
Hi Toon,

It won't make much difference to the time I don't think unless they want more info from you. If that's the case then obviously that will delay them.

Sandra,

A meds mean that the panel doctor doesn't think there is anything to worry about. B means they are concerned with something.

It doesn't necessarily mean anything at all as it is LCU who decide what they class as good or bad and if they want more info or not.

I wouldn't worry about it as unless you have a pre-existing medical condition, you should pass the meds with little hassle. If you do have any conditions then it is advised to go to your doctors before the medicals and get some reports from them to take with you. This will then save you time.

Hope that helps
Wendy
Old May 24th 2006, 3:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandra and Jim
Thanks WendyC

Nothing major except overweight and a history of high BP although within the limit for my age at meds (120/84). It has been very high before but well controlled on medication all this written down by Doc. Might phone the doc who carried out meds to see if she remembers what she put on our form.

Thanks for your help
Sandra

If it was a while ago that they were sent then I reckon they would have asked for more info if they had needed it. So wouldn't worry, you would have know within 3 weeks of them being sent I would think.
Old May 24th 2006, 3:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cheers.
Sandra
x

If it was a while ago that they were sent then I reckon they would have asked for more info if they had needed it. So wouldn't worry, you would have know within 3 weeks of them being sent I would think.
Old May 24th 2006, 5:44 pm
An Official Visa Holder

Hi Toon,

Sandra,

Hope that helps
Wendy

I had a medical condition about 2 years ago that the medical chappie picked up on so had to get a final medical report from doctor to send with forms etc, it wasnt anything major I was just looking for sympathy at the time (well according to my husband anyway:scared: !!?!?!?)!!

I hope they dont ask for anything more, but it means we go into the B queue so did wonder if that would take longer than the highly healthy A queue .

Thanks Wendy, fingers crossed then that it will be ok and we will all be in Adelaide SOOOOOOONNNNNN!!!!
Old May 24th 2006, 6:52 pm
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute

While we're on this subject can I ask - if I send my entire visa application in next month ( June ) and expect to get a CO in the standard 4 months ( end Sept/Oct ) and we wanted to frontload our police checks and meds, would it be reasonable to get them done around August do you think? We'll be ready to go by the end of this year/beginning of next year so if they only give us 6 months from date of earliest police check/meds, it wont be a problem.

*pearly*
Old May 24th 2006, 6:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by onepearlyb
While we're on this subject can I ask - if I send my entire visa application in next month ( June ) and expect to get a CO in the standard 4 months ( end Sept/Oct ) and we wanted to frontload our police checks and meds, would it be reasonable to get them done around August do you think? We'll be ready to go by the end of this year/beginning of next year so if they only give us 6 months from date of earliest police check/meds, it wont be a problem.

*pearly*

Yes, that sounds about right for frontloading.
Old May 24th 2006, 7:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute

Meds done on 24th Sept 2005, told us within 6 mths.
Got word in Mar to say son didnt pass med (blind)
Thought approp docs were in order. (not so obviously)
Appealed by e-mail abt 1week later.
Received letter abt 1 mth ago to return to doc
Went there, told we had to go to opthamologist.
Appointment that night. Successful. Done that. Another 150 smackers.
Told by doc, he'll return docs to her and she'll send them on.
Been 4 wks now and nothing.
Getting conflicting opinions.
I'm thinking FAIL.
About 18mths of beauracracy suffered. About 2000 big ones wasted and all for what?????????????????

Sorry abt this but its pissing me right off severely
Old May 24th 2006, 7:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by framac
Meds done on 24th Sept 2005, told us within 6 mths.
Got word in Mar to say son didnt pass med (blind)
Thought approp docs were in order. (not so obviously)
Appealed by e-mail abt 1week later.
Received letter abt 1 mth ago to return to doc
Went there, told we had to go to opthamologist.
Appointment that night. Successful. Done that. Another 150 smackers.
Told by doc, he'll return docs to her and she'll send them on.
Been 4 wks now and nothing.
Getting conflicting opinions.
I'm thinking FAIL.
About 18mths of beauracracy suffered. About 2000 big ones wasted and all for what?????????????????

Sorry abt this but its pissing me right off severely
Have you e-mailed LCU and seen if they have been passed or not??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.