Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How good is a temporary address as a proof of address?

How good is a temporary address as a proof of address?

Old Jun 19th 2010, 6:22 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How good is a temporary address as a proof of address?

Originally Posted by ozhappy981
Why would you want to carry your passport around everyday??? Driver's licence is credit-card sized and much more convenient, because it also has your address on it as well.

And - at least here in WA - you can change the address online. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes. They then send you the new address sticker in the post .
Some of us don't have a driving licence, quickly becomes habit carrying your passport everywhere
Old Jun 19th 2010, 10:32 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Some of us don't have a driving licence, quickly becomes habit carrying your passport everywhere
So why don't you get a 'proof of age' card? A driving licence for non-drivers, used by folks of all ages. Much easier to replace than a passport.

http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/Home.../Card_18_plus/

Last edited by lesleys; Jun 19th 2010 at 10:34 am.
Old Jun 19th 2010, 3:19 pm
Just Joined

BritishIGuess is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lesleys
So why don't you get a 'proof of age' card? A driving licence for non-drivers, used by folks of all ages. Much easier to replace than a passport.

http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/Home.../Card_18_plus/
Even though these "proof your age" cards are legal documents that are meant to be worth 70 points or something, I would advise against it - they are a waist of money, each state has their own version and does not recognise the other states, and more importantly if you are a young looking 18 year old most bar staff and security have no idea what they are - I used to work as both, I have only ever seen one in 3 years of bar work and checking I.D's - I would highly recommend that you get your "L" or "P" - provisional driving license or learners permit - they are recognised every where, even in the countries that they were not issued for, they are worth it in the long run even if you have no intention of learning how to drive.

I have quite a bit of experience when it comes to proving who you are