Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

how easy/expensive is it to move from perth the queensland?

how easy/expensive is it to move from perth the queensland?

Old Mar 21st 2008, 11:33 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how easy/expensive is it to move from perth the queensland?

Originally Posted by soapy
not like that pen. wee example

foxtel sydney
austar here

its not the smae leccy company either, and im sure its not the same company with the gas. so you cant just change it over on the net. we had huge problems when we moved up here.
Yeah that's true but it's just a matter of paying off one mob and starting afresh with another. We had no problems moving QLD --> NT or NT --> QLD. What happened to you?
Old Mar 21st 2008, 11:34 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
You'll need shoes ... occasionally.
Well I wouldn't say need exactly. They are pretty much optional in most circumstances.
Old Mar 21st 2008, 11:59 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dorothy
When we moved from Adelaide to Perth the shipping of the household belongings was $5k and then add another $1200 for the car to be shipped via train. Unless you intend to drive over to the other side (don't recommend it) your car will need to be shipped.
we did melbourne to perth cost $4000 container we drove from melbourne to perth it exceeded the amount to put the car on the train after fuel hotels on the way but what an experience loved it!
Old Mar 21st 2008, 12:31 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macy1
Hi everyone,

Was just wondering if anyone else had made the move from WA to Queensland (looking at Sunshine Coast).

How easy/expensive is it to relocate? such as moving your furniture over..Do you also have to change everything because its in another state such as driving license, Tax File Number, Medicare etc

Im hoping its not as complicated as moving from the UK!!!

Anyway, as you can see I know nothing!!! so any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers xxxxx
Here is a list of reliable Removal companies get some quotes
http://www.aima.com.au/members2.html
...................mm
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 12:38 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wmoore
Yeah that's true but it's just a matter of paying off one mob and starting afresh with another. We had no problems moving QLD --> NT or NT --> QLD. What happened to you?
aww fekk mate dont ask.
they started all that pish about there never been a phone or leccy in that house. then a lot of other shit. cant even remember now, but i remember going off my head at the time, and dont even ask about getting connected to the internet
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 8:49 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy
not like that pen. wee example

foxtel sydney
austar here

its not the smae leccy company either, and im sure its not the same company with the gas. so you cant just change it over on the net. we had huge problems when we moved up here.
OK I'm still confused That was my whole point. All that stuff has to be changed wherever you move to.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 11:33 am
What's happening dudes?

Originally Posted by moneypen20
OK I'm still confused That was my whole point. All that stuff has to be changed wherever you move to.
Move within the state - simple change of address with all the utilities.
Move interstate - cancel all your utilities and open new accounts with new companies.

It's not that difficult to be honest.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 11:37 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Move within the state - simple change of address with all the utilities.
Move interstate - cancel all your utilities and open new accounts with new companies.

It's not that difficult to be honest.
But they are planning on moving interstate so.... Oh to hell with it, I'm over it
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 11:42 am
What's happening dudes?

Originally Posted by moneypen20
But they are planning on moving interstate so.... Oh to hell with it, I'm over it
Old Mar 24th 2008, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

macy1 is just really nicemacy1 is just really nicemacy1 is just really nicemacy1 is just really nicemacy1 is just really nicemacy1 is just really nicemacy1 is just really nicemacy1 is just really nice

ahh thanks all, got a quote for $5000 from perth to queensland so that seen pretty ok..ish. packing the boxes ourselves but they load the container and unpack at the other end!! we were also thinking of driving over...any thoughts on that? and just maybe stopping in campsites along the way... we have a 6 year old too so not sure
Old Mar 24th 2008, 7:26 am
What's happening dudes?

ahh thanks all, got a quote for $5000 from perth to queensland so that seen pretty ok..ish. packing the boxes ourselves but they load the container and unpack at the other end!! we were also thinking of driving over...any thoughts on that? and just maybe stopping in campsites along the way... we have a 6 year old too so not sure
That sounds like a reasonable quote to me

The drive could be fun (well, after you get past the Nullarbor anyway). The cabins on most campsites are pretty decent for anywhere between $60-100 per night. Look out for Top Tourist or Big4 sites, many of which have a pool or spa to help you relax after a long day's driving
Old Mar 24th 2008, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

macy1 is just really nicemacy1 is just really nicemacy1 is just really nicemacy1 is just really nicemacy1 is just really nicemacy1 is just really nicemacy1 is just really nicemacy1 is just really nice

That sounds like a reasonable quote to me

The drive could be fun (well, after you get past the Nullarbor anyway). The cabins on most campsites are pretty decent for anywhere between $60-100 per night. Look out for Top Tourist or Big4 sites, many of which have a pool or spa to help you relax after a long day's driving
ahh thank you
Old Mar 25th 2008, 1:29 am
BE Forum Addict

melaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud of

Who is $5000 with ? That is good. Depends on how much stuff you also have. We had a VERY FULL 20ft container.
I would recommend driving-we did and when are you going to do that again. Great experience-enjoy it and shout if any further questions !

Old Mar 25th 2008, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by melaniee
Who is $5000 with ? That is good. Depends on how much stuff you also have. We had a VERY FULL 20ft container.
I would recommend driving-we did and when are you going to do that again. Great experience-enjoy it and shout if any further questions !
ahh thanks Melaniee.....not sure who its with but hubby got 'special quote' as services his vehicles for him.....yes i think we may drive, we acutually have an easy awn which is a tent ontop of our 4x4....so we could sleep anywhere really!! i would much rather be on a site with showers ect, acutally I would much rather be in a big expensive hotel how long realistically would it take to drive in a 4x4 do you have any idea?
Old Mar 26th 2008, 4:52 am
BE Forum Addict

melaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud of

We took one week, long days at the start and then eased off. Better to take twice as long as that though. We 'roughed it' with a tent and 2 dogs and had no problems finding places to camp. Enjoy !

ahh thanks Melaniee.....not sure who its with but hubby got 'special quote' as services his vehicles for him.....yes i think we may drive, we acutually have an easy awn which is a tent ontop of our 4x4....so we could sleep anywhere really!! i would much rather be on a site with showers ect, acutally I would much rather be in a big expensive hotel how long realistically would it take to drive in a 4x4 do you have any idea?