Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How does Westpac compare to other banks?

How does Westpac compare to other banks?

Old Jul 7th 2008, 7:54 am
Gold Coast and Loving it.

nick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How does Westpac compare to other banks?

Originally Posted by neilk
BankWest - around 8.5% special interest at the moment thats on term deposits. BUt at call accounts give in excess of 8%...
A BankWest Gold Term Deposit Account helps you secure your future with a guaranteed rate of return - 8.70% p.a. for 12 months. Interest is paid upon maturity, there are no bank fees and you can invest as little as $5,000 right up to $2 Million.

Most of the other banks at call are above 8%..

Remember BankWest does not have a big branch network or stores as they like to call them.

Nick
Old Jul 7th 2008, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

mulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How does Westpac compare to other banks?

Originally Posted by nick72
On what basis do you say that Westpac and Anz have taken the biggest losses from the subprime market.

The Financial Review ,few months back but the sums are very small only
in the $200-300mil.

Westpac will be the biggest home lender once the merger with St George goes through..

Westpac also offers the same as NAB in terms of shareholders benefits.

wish all banks gave more back:

Commonwealth has more than double of any other banks deposits, therefore enabling them to stay proactive in the market place.

As the poster states its all down to local service, choose who you want to bank with from the service you are given.

As a business customer it does help if you can have a good rapport with
the manager/managers

Remember I am not backing any bank in particular here, its all about personal choice, I notice the other poster has spent lots of time giving NAB a rap, well here in QLD they are useless !

If I gave the impression that NAB is the best bank -I didn't mean to. Its just
that a small saving in interest (debit wise) is more than covered by looking
at the extras NAB or Westpac provide

I would pick any other bank apart from NAB - their service is appalling, once they have your business. Yes I am speaking from personal experience too !

Nick
I have also banked with both and have to say that its the personal you
are in contact with who make a GOOD bank. Westpac were good till a
particularly aggravating finance officer s**t me off./
Thats my personal experience . I wouldn't say any bank is better than another