Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How did you guys do on your tipping??

How did you guys do on your tipping??

Old Apr 15th 2005, 11:19 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How did you guys do on your tipping??

Originally Posted by hevs
I would be interested to know in terms of actual "supporters" of a team the numbers (I mean by that people that go along most weeks etc etc)
Saw that in the article too but I'm buggered if I can find it now

Lions and Swans weren't as high in that one though I do recall.
Old Apr 16th 2005, 1:02 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by wmoore
That's my tip Caaaarn the Cats

If Waynes tipped the Cats that means we have a good chance of beating them tonight Hevs.
Might see ya at Telstra Dome, I'll watch out for your streak.
Old Apr 16th 2005, 1:04 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
If Waynes tipped the Cats that means we have a good chance of beating them tonight Hevs.
Might see ya at Telstra Dome, I'll watch out for your streak.
Don't forget your camera
Old Apr 16th 2005, 2:47 pm
What's happening dudes?

When a game is drawn, everyone gets the point don't they? 4 out of 5 for me so far then I've just doubled my score in the space of 5 games
Old Apr 16th 2005, 4:33 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

When a game is drawn, everyone gets the point don't they? 4 out of 5 for me so far then I've just doubled my score in the space of 5 games
Yeah everyone gets the point. Whats a point btw?
Old Apr 16th 2005, 11:13 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Bet you didn't tip your "pride" to be quite so slapped though did ya ??
Old Apr 17th 2005, 6:15 am
The Godfather

Yeah everyone gets the point. Whats a point btw?

Must have been sleepwalking when I wrote that.

Shocking weekend of tipping for me, think I'm gonna slide down the table this week.
Old Apr 17th 2005, 4:30 pm
What's happening dudes?

Originally Posted by hevs
Bet you didn't tip your "pride" to be quite so slapped though did ya ??
I could say the same back at you But no, it's not exactly going to plan is it?

But in their defence:
[excuse]They did have 8 rookies in the team yesterday[/excuse]
Old Apr 17th 2005, 4:31 pm
What's happening dudes?

Must have been sleepwalking when I wrote that.

Shocking weekend of tipping for me, think I'm gonna slide down the table this week.
Glad it wasn't just me then.

I got 4 (big fat zero for Sunday's games). I got 6 in the comp on the AFL site.
Old Apr 17th 2005, 7:33 pm
The Godfather

Glad it wasn't just me then.

I got 4 (big fat zero for Sunday's games). I got 6 in the comp on the AFL site.

4 here also.

Well done Penny whoever you are. She won this weeks round with a 6.

Last edited by moneypenny20; Nov 30th 2011 at 10:24 am.
Old Apr 17th 2005, 7:53 pm
What's happening dudes?

4 here also.

Well done Penny whoever you are. She won this weeks round with a 6.
Can't believe I'm still propping up the ladder. Below people who only joined in round 4 too

Last edited by moneypenny20; Nov 30th 2011 at 10:24 am.
Old Apr 17th 2005, 11:45 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

I could say the same back at you g
errm, no, i expected us to be trounced, (but let my heart rule my head as ever!! ) but getting slapped by Hawthorn is bad. Very bad

PS you're not bottom You're 15th, one below me. The funny thing is i did Leahs (my girls) in 2 seconds cos i realised she was gonna miss out and she did better than me!!

I still don't get how it all works though cos the leader (well done whoever she is!!) is on 16, 87, 2 and i'm on 17, 88, 9 and i'm 15th!! WTF going on, please someone explain it in idiot language then i might just get it

*mental note to self, do not tip my own team EVER cos they are indeed quite shite*

Last edited by hevs; Apr 18th 2005 at 12:01 am.
Old Apr 18th 2005, 12:04 am
Badge

I also did my preliminary tip in 5 seconds, never got around to study it, and got 5 points..

wow

Badge

I am now 3/4 of the way up the leaderboard but also cannot understand all this margin bizo.

Old Apr 18th 2005, 1:28 am
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Badge

I am now 3/4 of the way up the leaderboard but also cannot understand all this margin bizo.

I believe that the margin is the difference between the amount you enter for your prediction on the friday night game and the actual winning margin for the game itself. e.g. The (great team of) North Melbourne beat Collingwood on Friday night by three points. If you had tipped NM to win by ten points you would be seven out so therefore would have a margin of seven for that round.

I think this is correct from what I gather from reading the tipping site, I'm sure that Bordy or Brian will be able to advise the correct reason if the above is not right...

NJJ
Old Apr 18th 2005, 3:03 am
The Godfather

Originally Posted by NJJ
I believe that the margin is the difference between the amount you enter for your prediction on the friday night game and the actual winning margin for the game itself. e.g. The (great team of) North Melbourne beat Collingwood on Friday night by three points. If you had tipped NM to win by ten points you would be seven out so therefore would have a margin of seven for that round.

I think this is correct from what I gather from reading the tipping site, I'm sure that Bordy or Brian will be able to advise the correct reason if the above is not right...

NJJ

Yeah thats how I see it & if you were 10 points out on each of the 4 rounds your cumulitive margin would be 40 points.

So if two or three people have the same grand total of winners, the one with the least cumulitive points will be on top.

Hevs your looking at round 4 where you are 14th, if you click on leaderboard it shows you are 4th overall.

And yes Wayne is still where Essendon is in the table.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.