Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How did you guys do on your tipping??

How did you guys do on your tipping??

Old Apr 11th 2005, 2:40 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How did you guys do on your tipping??

Also very thankful for poor umpire decisions because the Hawthorn losing streak should have ended when they played the Bombers .
Old Apr 11th 2005, 8:14 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Badge
The best thing about AFL is how a team can dominate 3 quarters and be well ahead on aggregate, only to lose the final quarter and the game big time.
Yeah. The Lions have had nailbiting finishes in the last couple of weeks like this. Not that that is any consolation for 2 narrow defeats.
Old Apr 11th 2005, 9:57 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by wmoore
Yeah. The Lions have had nailbiting finishes in the last couple of weeks like this. Not that that is any consolation for 2 narrow defeats.
Do you get to see any games on Sky or listen to any via the internet over there???
Old Apr 11th 2005, 10:24 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
Do you get to see any games on Sky or listen to any via the internet over there???
I listened to Lions v Swans on TripleM - if you go the the AFL site on a match day, there is a link on the home page for Listen Live or something. You get a list of all the games and which stations they are on. Oh yeah, I had to go out with the Lions fairly comfortable about 10 mins from the end

Otherwise, I have to wait a week for the games to be shown on Sky, usually at silly times (1am and 6am Saturday). I don't have a video recorder at the mo so I either stay awake or miss out! They show extended highlights of one game, then highlights of the rest plus top 10 marks and goals in a 2-hour show. If there's any major tribunal action, you get news, etc from that too.

At least next week it's on at 1230pm on Saturday because there is no Premier League action and possibly when the football season finishes, it will be on at a more sensible time.
Old Apr 15th 2005, 11:56 am
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Adelaide CROWS
Brisbane LIONS

Western BULLDOGS
A little more insight for those who are interested....

You may also hear western Bulldogs referred to as Footscray as this was their original name.

Brisbane Bears merged with the Fitzroy Lions therefore becoming Brisbane Lions. My misses being a fitzroy fan decided to jump ship and become a richmond fan when the lions relocated to queensland, the poor girl!!

NJJ
Old Apr 15th 2005, 12:02 pm
What's happening dudes?

Originally Posted by NJJ
Brisbane Bears merged with the Fitzroy Lions therefore becoming Brisbane Lions. My misses being a fitzroy fan decided to jump ship and become a richmond fan when the lions relocated to queensland, the poor girl!!
Hindsight is a wonderful thing eh?
Old Apr 15th 2005, 10:34 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Ans the Sydney Swans were from south Melbourne too.

http://www.swans.com.au/~cher/swans.history.html
Old Apr 15th 2005, 10:35 pm
What's happening dudes?

Originally Posted by hevs
Ans the Sydney Swans were from south Melbourne too.

http://www.swans.com.au/~cher/swans.history.html
Well, I've got one out of one so far this weekend. Happy with that

Also got Corey Jones in my dream team so even happier with that
Old Apr 15th 2005, 10:39 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I've got one out of one so far this weekend. Happy with that
Bit of a nail biter though. Wouldn't want to be Chris Tarrant this am
Off to the TD toninght to watch my team get whooped by Geelong

I also found this. Its a brief history of all the clubs...

http://home.vicnet.net.au/~basiced3/footy/history.html
Old Apr 15th 2005, 10:39 pm
What's happening dudes?

Bit of a nail biter though. Wouldn't want to be Chris Tarrant this am
Off to the TD toninght to watch my team get whooped by Geelong
That's my tip Caaaarn the Cats
Old Apr 15th 2005, 10:41 pm
High in the Dandenongs

That's my tip Caaaarn the Cats
Lets hope your tippings as crap as ever then
Old Apr 15th 2005, 10:43 pm
What's happening dudes?

Lets hope your tippings as crap as ever then
Yeah, safe bet Bombers then

BTW does anyone else think it's weird that the two best supported AFL teams are not from Melbourne?
Old Apr 15th 2005, 10:45 pm
High in the Dandenongs

Yeah, safe bet Bombers then

BTW does anyone else think it's weird that the two best supported AFL teams are not from Melbourne?
Define what you mean by "best supported"??
Old Apr 15th 2005, 10:48 pm
What's happening dudes?

Define what you mean by "best supported"??
I knew somebody would ask .....

I can't find the link now but I read an article recently that the Lions are the best supported team in the country (I think in terms of paying members) and the Swans were second.

I guess it's because there's no local competition (AFL-wise) to either of these teams. I am a 'Member of The Pride' BTW
Old Apr 15th 2005, 10:55 pm
High in the Dandenongs

I knew somebody would ask .....

I can't find the link now but I read an article recently that the Lions are the best supported team in the country (I think in terms of paying members) and the Swans were second.

I guess it's because there's no local competition (AFL-wise) to either of these teams. I am a 'Member of The Pride' BTW
I knew you meant this At the moment i can't afford to be an "official" member because for me and my daughter it would just be too much.

However i go along every week and when its our home game the club gets "the Gate". I also only ever buy from the Bombers on line shop so i figure i support my club as best i can at the moment, as do a lot of other footie people i know here.

I would be interested to know in terms of actual "supporters" of a team the numbers (I mean by that people that go along most weeks etc etc)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.