Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How can we get in touch with DIMA???

How can we get in touch with DIMA???

Old Oct 25th 2001, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

Teri M is just really niceTeri M is just really niceTeri M is just really niceTeri M is just really niceTeri M is just really niceTeri M is just really niceTeri M is just really niceTeri M is just really nice

Hi! We`re currently awaiting news of our temporary business visa (457) and although the processing time is apparently 3 weeks, we submitted ours a month ago and have heard nothing. I`ve tried e-mailing them at the address given on their "Business Centre" web page, but have again heard nothing.

Does anyone know of a way to get in touch??? This is extremely frustrating...
Old Oct 25th 2001, 7:31 pm
George Lombard

Hi Teri,

>

Where are you? Which business centre? Which ASCO skill?

Cheers

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au

Old Oct 25th 2001, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

Teri M is just really niceTeri M is just really niceTeri M is just really niceTeri M is just really niceTeri M is just really niceTeri M is just really niceTeri M is just really niceTeri M is just really nice
Default Answers to your Questions, George

Hi! Thanks for replying to my message...

We applied under the Independent Executive Class, as we already run a successful business in the UK and are hoping to do the same in australia.

We are in Hampshire.

I found the e-mail address for the "business Centre" from the Australian High Commission Web Site. It gives 2 addresses, one for new enquiries, and one for enquiring about existing applications.

Not sure what you mean by "ASCO".

I am a bit baffled by the 3 week timescale given by DIMA and yet we have heard nothing... do you think this might have something to do with the fact that on the form, where it states "When you do need your visa?" we put "January 2002", as at the time we sent it in (Sept. 26th) the processing time was 4 months, and we couldn`t see the point of asking for it any sooner!!!

Any advice you can give would be much appreciated.