Reload this Page >

House prices in Melbourne

House prices in Melbourne

Old Dec 10th 2003, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

Bluebristolian is an unknown quantity at this point
Question House prices in Melbourne

Hi

we are hoping to get our State Sponsored visas for Victoria before too long. I've been looking at some OZ property web sites and the costs of newbuild houses. Does anybody know how to work out the actual costs of buying a new house? The prices given look like they must be excluding the cost of the land + Taxes???

Thanks

Baffled Bristolian.
Old Dec 10th 2003, 11:15 pm
ABCDiamond

Default Re: House prices in Melbourne

Originally posted by Bluebristolian
Hi

we are hoping to get our State Sponsored visas for Victoria before too long. I've been looking at some OZ property web sites and the costs of newbuild houses. Does anybody know how to work out the actual costs of buying a new house? The prices given look like they must be excluding the cost of the land + Taxes???

Thanks

Baffled Bristolian.
Watch out for the advertising of house prices by builders.
It is normally just the Building cost, excludes Land.

You need to see it say "House & Land Package" to see the total cost. But then add on Stamp Duty to that price.

Here is a Stamp Duty Calculator

Here is a web site for Homes for sale that will gve you a better idea of prices, of existing houses. You can also use it to check the price of vacant land to build on.

Old Dec 11th 2003, 5:22 am
Forum Regular

NJFOZ is an unknown quantity at this point

If you are building on a vacant plot you only pay stamp on the land value and not the land & house value. You also get $7000 first time buyers rebate
Old Dec 11th 2003, 7:14 am
troood1

Originally posted by Bluebristolian
Hi

Thanks

Baffled Bristolian.
Hi there - just being nosey as we've applied under state nomination for Victoria. Dimia were notified on the 7th Nov. When did you apply? We have received an acknowledgement but no further correspondance. I've sent our police checks in, next stage will be medicals. I'm interested to hear what your time scales have been etc.

Hope you don't mind

Old Dec 11th 2003, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

Thumbs up

Originally posted by NJFOZ
If you are building on a vacant plot you only pay stamp on the land value and not the land & house value. You also get $7000 first time buyers rebate
Thanks to everybody who replied. Thats a lot clearer!
Old Dec 11th 2003, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by troood1
Hi there - just being nosey as we've applied under state nomination for Victoria. Dimia were notified on the 7th Nov. When did you apply? We have received an acknowledgement but no further correspondance. I've sent our police checks in, next stage will be medicals. I'm interested to hear what your time scales have been etc.

Hope you don't mind
Hi,

I'm not sure exactly where you are in the process. Has your visa application gone in?

After ours went in it was only about 3 or 4 weeks before they asked for the police checks and the medicals which they wanted in about by about 6 weeks later. we've been a bit slow getting ours done for various reasons, but our agent thinks that we'll get the result quite quickly once the meds are in.

Cheers.