House

Old Jul 2nd 2010, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

wooah will become famous soon enough
Default House

I was just wondering what people who have migrated did about finding accommodation for their arrival. I have 3 children so would need a house. Is it possible to get a rental place while still in UK? Or someone mentioned that migration agents can provide temp accommodation.

What do you think is best?
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 11:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: House

It seems that most people will book temporary accommodation for immediate arrival, some type of holiday or other short term letting.

It is better to look for the permanent accommodation once here, you could find yourself committed to a dump otherwise. Also as far as I can tell it is pretty hard to find a rental anyway and you need to be on the ground.

I am going out next week and have booked a serviced apartment for my first month in Sydney and hope to find a house during this time.
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

rnpeg will become famous soon enough

Hi

We stayed at the Hyde Park Inn for 3 weeks last month in Sydney. We had a studio (1 Queen, 1 Single) with a kitchen and dining area for $159 per night (includes breakfast). Good service, modern fittings; worked out quite well for 2 adults and 1 toddler.

They also do bigger studios and appartments which sleep up to 6. No idea about cost.

http://www.hydeparkinn.com.au

Cheers
Old Jul 3rd 2010, 4:36 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by wooah
I was just wondering what people who have migrated did about finding accommodation for their arrival. I have 3 children so would need a house. Is it possible to get a rental place while still in UK? Or someone mentioned that migration agents can provide temp accommodation.

What do you think is best?
There are many furnished houses for rent short term at about $800 to $1000 per week, and quite a few are operated by migrants themselves to cater for this market. These are normally booked in advance from the UK.

During that initial stay most people look for an unfurnished house, at a cheaper rent, and furnish it themselves.

Some people buy outside furniture, and use it inside until there own stuff arrives.

What area are you heading to ?

Old Jul 3rd 2010, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

wooah will become famous soon enough

Heading Brisbane way. Any idea what I can google to find them. $1000 just seems so much money :-(

on the subject of shipping I am still deciding whether to ship my stuff out a few weeks before I go or at the same time. Hmmm.