Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hope everyone in Brisbane is OK

Hope everyone in Brisbane is OK

Old Nov 30th 2005, 11:30 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hope everyone in Brisbane is OK

Originally Posted by Del Boy
excellent news, assuming they are talking about relaxing and not tightening the restrictions.

The water supply in our area reached full levels during the last heavy rains of a month ago. Enough water to last a full year even if not another drop fell apparently.
Im assuming it will be relaxing the restrictions,probably back to level 1.

Pinerivers at the moment is saturated in water,even seen kids at the parks with their boogie boards playing in the puddles

Donna.
Old Dec 1st 2005, 12:46 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Well here we go again! its been dull all morning,rain has started & the rumbles of thunder are getting louder

I was just about to take our dog out for a walk,i think it will be a game of hide & seek with him!! so i'll wait & see if it passes.

Donna.
Old Dec 1st 2005, 2:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Its crazy up here at maroochydore, you cant see far enough in front of you to drive, the buildings are shaking from the thunder, several roads have been cut. Should make picking up the kids intersting. All the locals at work keep saying this is proper summer weather
Old Dec 1st 2005, 2:53 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Several reports of damage up that way, on top of flooding down the other way around Currumbin last night; we have lots of claims in for hardship payments and stuff like that. They think it could be a long and stormy season........
Old Dec 1st 2005, 3:02 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Or me, woken at 5.30am by the third storm since midnight & I cant go back to sleep .

I see there is a severe strom warning for Cleveland & Viccy Point issued at 6am, looks like ABC might e in for some wet feet down there :scared: .
It did rain a lot last night, but nowhere near as much as the time the garden flooded, but it cleared up again by early this morning. Nice and dry at 8.00am for my daughter to cycle to school, and it's been dry all day, so she should be OK for coming home on her bike too. The weather is just perfect here now at 2pm.

Brisbane is a big and VERY varied place for its weather. We only get a few real storms over here, not many at all. Manly/Wynnum seems to get more

A good example for people to realise there is a LOT of differences.

When some say it's wet in Brisbane, it may NOT be It depends what part.

It's the same as temperatures. I hear that some parts of Brisbane go over 40C, but not in other areas.

Old Dec 1st 2005, 3:21 am
ABCDiamond

The current "Brisbane" weather. Brisbane & Cleveland (Bayside) looks clear, but the Sunshine Coast is getting it bad.

CopyrightAny use of these images requires the following acknowledgement(s):

If the image was from GMS-5 (old imagery), then the acknowledgement is: "GMS-5 : Satellite image originally processed by the Bureau of Meteorology from the geostationary satellite GMS-5 operated by the Japan Meteorological Agency."

If the imagery if from GOES-9, then the acknowledgement is: "GOES-9 : Satellite image originally processed by the Bureau of Meteorology from the geostationary GOES-9 operated by the National Oceanographic & Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) for the Japan Meteorological Agency."

If the imagery is from MTSAT-1R, then the acknowledgement is: "MTSAT-1R : Satellite image originally processed by the Bureau of Meteorology from the geostationary satellite MTSAT-1R operated by the Japan Meteorological Agency."

Old Dec 1st 2005, 3:42 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Rain up the Sunshine Coast currently coming down so hard that it has broken records that have stood for 100 years......(I'll give you more details when I have them)

"At 2:35 PM , Bureau of Meteorology weather radar detected severe thunderstorms in the Sunshine Coast and hinterland areas. In particular a thunderstorm in the Noosa area has produced 128mm of rainfall during the last hour."

Last edited by Pollyana; Dec 1st 2005 at 3:45 am.
Old Dec 1st 2005, 4:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Rain up the Sunshine Coast currently coming down so hard that it has broken records that have stood for 100 years......(I'll give you more details when I have them)

"At 2:35 PM , Bureau of Meteorology weather radar detected severe thunderstorms in the Sunshine Coast and hinterland areas. In particular a thunderstorm in the Noosa area has produced 128mm of rainfall during the last hour."

Yep our turn today up to now we have only had tiny ones, not this one tho it went dark as night for a few minutes at 2 pm, some of the low lying areas are flooded, nothing serious just a build up of water, it came down solid for 3 hours, loads of cars pulled over you couldnt see much. Gone now, well for a while. Worse bit was as you drove bits of trees were hitting the roof and windscreen.
Old Dec 1st 2005, 4:56 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

13 Cm of rain in 1 hour - ! that is frightening.

Get those Manly whales switched back on Brissie Council
Old Dec 1st 2005, 5:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Latest update, Noosa got 26 cm this afternoon and looks set to get hit again.
Work that out in inches

http://www.bom.gov.au/cgi-bin/wrap_fwo.pl?IDQ20038.html

Last edited by jad n rich; Dec 1st 2005 at 5:38 am.
Old Dec 1st 2005, 5:55 am
Home and Happy

165mm in Noosa in 2 hours, landslips affecting main route into the town, and one of the streets has collapsed fairly badly. Lots of calls for assistance going to SES and State aid is being looked into already.......its going to be a late night at work!
Hope your family is OK Jad'n'Rich, and anyone else up that way?
Old Dec 1st 2005, 7:15 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

jusy got back from the gold coast and escaped a storm there,it had just started when i left,abd i hear on the radio theres one coming this way at the sunshine coast hope they dont meet in the middle :scared: or we re in for a bumpy night again,my garden is still like a water fall from last night :scared: :scared: