Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hope everyone in Brisbane is OK

Hope everyone in Brisbane is OK

Old Nov 30th 2005, 11:02 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hope everyone in Brisbane is OK

Originally Posted by A dogs life
Candle powered computer then?

We've had a couple of mini power cuts, you know the ones just long enough to reset all the digital clocks in the house

This is the first storm of the year to pass directly over us, very noisy, but spectacular to watch
You are just fed up because you and your teenage mates had to drop your bottles of cider as you ran from the BP garage to shelter from the rain.
Old Nov 30th 2005, 11:05 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Candle powered computer then?

We've had a couple of mini power cuts, you know the ones just long enough to reset all the digital clocks in the house

This is the first storm of the year to pass directly over us, very noisy, but spectacular to watch
We've just been out to the esplanade at Wynnum to watch. There's at least three storms up there but 2 were only little.

The other produced a few 'ooh's and 'aah's.
Old Nov 30th 2005, 11:42 am

A dogs life is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spalen
You are just fed up because you and your teenage mates had to drop your bottles of cider as you ran from the BP garage to shelter from the rain.

Don't diss the BP possey. We have our own Bus Shelter for these eventualities
Old Nov 30th 2005, 11:48 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

We were down having dinner at the Balti, some seriously scarey lightning going on down there & the lights flickered once (but didnt go out).
Old Nov 30th 2005, 11:50 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

funny we were there to
Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
We were down having dinner at the Balti, some seriously scarey lightning going on down there & the lights flickered once (but didnt go out).
Old Nov 30th 2005, 11:59 am
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scissors
funny we were there to
You werent the woman who spilt a glass of water all over her husband, were you? Shame on you
Old Nov 30th 2005, 12:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

noooooooooooooooooooo
Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
You werent the woman who spilt a glass of water all over her husband, were you? Shame on you
Old Nov 30th 2005, 4:47 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Hope everyone in Brisbane is OK

No Im bloody not at 0344 sat with 2 scared kids and a petrified Dog. Jeez this 3 hour+ intense storm makes you realise why the ancients thought there was a god. The walls are rattling - not the windows...the walls.

I of course maintain my composure and know that this is just the result of supercharged electrons and its not the monster in the wardrobe. The Monster in the wardrobe makes an entirely different noise. :scared:
Old Nov 30th 2005, 7:28 pm
Rocket Scientist

No Im bloody not at 0344 sat with 2 scared kids and a petrified Dog. Jeez this 3 hour+ intense storm makes you realise why the ancients thought there was a god. The walls are rattling - not the windows...the walls.

I of course maintain my composure and know that this is just the result of supercharged electrons and its not the monster in the wardrobe. The Monster in the wardrobe makes an entirely different noise. :scared:
Or me, woken at 5.30am by the third storm since midnight & I cant go back to sleep .

I see there is a severe strom warning for Cleveland & Viccy Point issued at 6am, looks like ABC might e in for some wet feet down there :scared: .

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING - SOUTHEAST QUEENSLAND
for VERY HEAVY RAINFALL and FLASH FLOODING

At 5:55 AM , Bureau of Meteorology weather radar detected severe thunderstorms near Cleveland, Tangalooma, northern Moreton Bay and northern Moreton Island. These thunderstorms are moving towards the southeast. Severe thunderstorms are forecast to affect Point Lookout and northern parts of North Stradbroke Island by 6:25 AM and Victoria Point, southern parts of North Stradbroke Island, waters off North Stradbroke Island and Macleay Island by 6:55 AM .

Very heavy rainfall and flash flooding are possible.
Old Nov 30th 2005, 7:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Welcome to a real Brisbane electrical storm. Cracker wasnt it? You do get used to them.

Surprised you had power long enough to get on line! We lost power so many times I lost count.

WW
Old Nov 30th 2005, 10:32 pm

A dogs life is an unknown quantity at this point

I did think about starting up the PC at 3:30am to have a whinge about the storm . But what with trying to calm the dog down and the frequent power cuts, I couldn't be arsed, so i just sat out the back and watch the light show.

It was amazing to look on the way into the CBD this morning, lots of areas flooded, lots of creeks have burst their banks.

Last edited by A dogs life; Nov 30th 2005 at 10:34 pm.
Old Nov 30th 2005, 10:57 pm
Absinthe Minded

Del Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to behold

I did think about starting up the PC at 3:30am to have a whinge about the storm . But what with trying to calm the dog down and the frequent power cuts, I couldn't be arsed, so i just sat out the back and watch the light show.

It was amazing to look on the way into the CBD this morning, lots of areas flooded, lots of creeks have burst their banks.
Still not enough rain though, I venture to suggest?
Old Nov 30th 2005, 11:06 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Del Boy
Well, there is talk now about them reviewing the restrictions,in Pinerivers that is?

Donna.
Old Nov 30th 2005, 11:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Del Boy
At least it was rain and not drizzle!

http://www.thecouriermail.news.com.a...5E1702,00.html
A heavy rain warning for Mud Island!!???!!! Oh please, it's uninhabited. The mud crabs are probably shaking in their boots!

WW

Last edited by wanderingwombat; Nov 30th 2005 at 11:10 pm.
Old Nov 30th 2005, 11:12 pm
Absinthe Minded

Del Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by madsad
Well, there is talk now about them reviewing the restrictions,in Pinerivers that is?

Donna.
excellent news, assuming they are talking about relaxing and not tightening the restrictions.

The water supply in our area reached full levels during the last heavy rains of a month ago. Enough water to last a full year even if not another drop fell apparently.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.