Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Does anyone commute from Yanchep - is it bearable?

Does anyone commute from Yanchep - is it bearable?

Old Nov 29th 2005, 3:56 am
Alive and boinging!

bal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to all
Default Does anyone commute from Yanchep - is it bearable?

We're still searching for reasonable sized affordable houses! I'm currently working in Morley and the kids are all at school in Mindarie. If we bought in Yanchep, the school run would come down from 30 to 10-15 mins once Marmion reaches Yanchep in '07. My drive would obviously be a pain until whenever the Mitchell's scheduled to reach Clarkson - I suspect this is a while off. Of course there's the train option from Clarkson to the city.
Old Nov 29th 2005, 4:12 am
BE Enthusiast

lynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant future
Default Re: Does anyone commute from Yanchep - is it bearable?

Originally Posted by bal56
We're still searching for reasonable sized affordable houses! I'm currently working in Morley and the kids are all at school in Mindarie. If we bought in Yanchep, the school run would come down from 30 to 10-15 mins once Marmion reaches Yanchep in '07. My drive would obviously be a pain until whenever the Mitchell's scheduled to reach Clarkson - I suspect this is a while off. Of course there's the train option from Clarkson to the city.
The main problem i'd have with it would be having to drive Wanneroo Road every day, i hate it. Although the proposed date for extending Marmion is 07 i'd take that with a pinch of salt, the initial proposed freeway extension and rail extension was 2010 but i believe it's been moved back already. I personally couldn't commit to a 30 minute school run (each way) i'd have to move the kids to the local school, you also have the problem of their mates being 30 mins away too.

For me Yanchep is a lovely place and i think its a good investment as once things extend out a bit it will become more popular, but i don't think i could live there at the moment.

Lynn
Old Nov 30th 2005, 10:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

My mate commutes from Two Rocks and thinks nothing of it, they are building a fab place up there. I guess it all depends on your frame of mind, whether you mind that long a commute etc. I don't think I could hack it and I would be concerned about the kids driving back along Waneroo Road when they're older, given the fatalities etc. along there, but it is beaut up there.
ATB
Larissa
Old Nov 30th 2005, 11:50 pm
SharonC

sharon_gareth is an unknown quantity at this point

Not sure if you are looking for affordable property Yanchep is the best place to be looking. Property prices there seem to be just as expensive as the rest of the coast. Is it the location that attracts you or just that you think property costs less?

If you are looking for property close to the coast but a little more affordable try looking at places like Craige, Heathridge, Beldon, Clarkson, Merriwa. They are all only a short drive from the coast and not to far to travel to Mindarie. Build up a relationship with a local real estate agent so they get to know what you are looking for let them do the hard work for you.

Of course you may be looking for something a little rural and if thats the case the areas I have mentioned above willnot fit the bill.

Hope you find what you are looking for soon.

Sharon
www.immigrateperth.com
Old Dec 1st 2005, 6:56 am
Alive and boinging!

bal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to all

It was the affordability thing mostly. It's cheaper than the immediate coastal suburbs near us - OR, Iluka. Mindarie. We viewed a house up there on Tuesday night and pretty well concluded it that it was too far to drive. The school run wouldn't be much longer, but I concur that Wannaroo Road looks dangerous' Despite the big blue sign stating '0 fatalities this year' the regular crosses with flowers would appear to tell a different story.