Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

HIFX - How's it work? Is it safe?

HIFX - How's it work? Is it safe?

Old Dec 10th 2004, 9:52 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default HIFX - How's it work? Is it safe?

Anyone?

Ta,

Paul.
Old Dec 11th 2004, 2:53 am
Bloody Nice Bloke

ianj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: HIFX - How's it work? Is it safe?

Originally Posted by diddy
Anyone?

Ta,

Paul.
All depends on how you want to do it. There are a heap of ways with HIFX to get your money changed and transferred. The best bet is to phone them and discuss it over the phone with them. Tell them of your situ (house, investments etc that you may be selling) and they will give the options available to you.

Every phone call is recorded regardless (digitally) and there have been many many people who have used them. I for one transferred £50K through them on a Forward Contract as I was waiting for my house to sell. It sold, the money went through on the day I requested and by the time I got to Melbourne it was in my account (via my Migrant Comm Bank account in London).

All very very easy, slick and reasonable. Do a search as there are loads of posts about HIFX. They are good though and very reputable.
Old Dec 11th 2004, 10:13 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ianj
All depends on how you want to do it. There are a heap of ways with HIFX to get your money changed and transferred. The best bet is to phone them and discuss it over the phone with them. Tell them of your situ (house, investments etc that you may be selling) and they will give the options available to you.

Every phone call is recorded regardless (digitally) and there have been many many people who have used them. I for one transferred £50K through them on a Forward Contract as I was waiting for my house to sell. It sold, the money went through on the day I requested and by the time I got to Melbourne it was in my account (via my Migrant Comm Bank account in London).

All very very easy, slick and reasonable. Do a search as there are loads of posts about HIFX. They are good though and very reputable.
Hello

Ditto Ian's sentiments. Bear in mind, though, that you will have to open an account with them before you can do any trading - get that done first - for no charge if I remember correctly - and you will then be best-placed to conduct any instant deals should the rate be right for you.

Yes - there are many recent threads on HIFX - and other FX companies and banks for that matter - over recent days whilst the £/$ exchange rate has been favourable to those about to emigrate to Australia.

Regards

Jim
Old Dec 11th 2004, 10:31 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
Hello

Ditto Ian's sentiments. Bear in mind, though, that you will have to open an account with them before you can do any trading - get that done first - for no charge if I remember correctly - and you will then be best-placed to conduct any instant deals should the rate be right for you.

Yes - there are many recent threads on HIFX - and other FX companies and banks for that matter - over recent days whilst the £/$ exchange rate has been favourable to those about to emigrate to Australia.

Regards

Jim
Paul

.......... further to my other post - look at "Exchange Rate Continues To Rise" thread - there is some useful stuff there for you ...........as well as a good spat between representatives of two FX companies - HIFX and Travelex.

Regards

Jim
Old Dec 12th 2004, 10:34 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

I used them to lodge my $100k Bond and can fully recommend them.

SS
Old Dec 12th 2004, 10:43 am
Just Joined

OwenT is an unknown quantity at this point

Paul

.......... further to my other post - look at "Exchange Rate Continues To Rise" thread - there is some useful stuff there for you ...........as well as a good spat between representatives of two FX companies - HIFX and Travelex.

Regards

Jim

I hope things don't get to any sillyness.

It is in all fx companies interests to ensure you realise that in terms of service, the "enemy" is the banks.
Old Dec 12th 2004, 12:27 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Originally Posted by OwenT
I hope things don't get to any sillyness.

It is in all fx companies interests to ensure you realise that in terms of service, the "enemy" is the banks.
Owen

No silliness intended - in my own opinion it was a good spat. I don't expect to be praised or slated for that.

You do realise, of course, for those of us not in your line of business, that we do need an occasional diversion as some light relief from all that we are having to think about, organise, arrange and put into place regarding our impending moves to a land many miles away. Throw Christmas into the equation also, and some of us won't be knowing which way our backsides are pointing.

I do take your point regarding the banks but if we now get a representative from CBA or HSBC or whatever adding their two-penneth to this thread, no doubt we will view it in the same light as the exchange of pleasantries recently conducted by yourself and the gentleman from HIFX.

I believe that most of us seeking information on this forum are old enough to take onboard all the relevant snippets and, perhaps, take some amusement from the less relevant ones.

None of us are seeking to offend.

Regards

Jim
Old Dec 13th 2004, 8:19 am
Just Joined

OwenT is an unknown quantity at this point

Owen

No silliness intended - in my own opinion it was a good spat. I don't expect to be praised or slated for that.

You do realise, of course, for those of us not in your line of business, that we do need an occasional diversion as some light relief from all that we are having to think about, organise, arrange and put into place regarding our impending moves to a land many miles away. Throw Christmas into the equation also, and some of us won't be knowing which way our backsides are pointing.

I do take your point regarding the banks but if we now get a representative from CBA or HSBC or whatever adding their two-penneth to this thread, no doubt we will view it in the same light as the exchange of pleasantries recently conducted by yourself and the gentleman from HIFX.

I believe that most of us seeking information on this forum are old enough to take onboard all the relevant snippets and, perhaps, take some amusement from the less relevant ones.

None of us are seeking to offend.

Regards

Jim
I'm all for light relief and certainly wasn't offended by your remarks, in fact it is nice to feel that if I make the effort to help via the forums there are people out there reading the thread!

I meant that if anyone in the fx industry started to try to score points using the forums it could get very silly and unprofessional.

Telephone calls we receive sometimes highlight the marketing nonsense that is prevelent in fx. This forum, whilst maintaining a lighthearted attitude keeps things in perspective and should be commended.