Hi newbie here!

Old Nov 13th 2014, 4:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi newbie here!

Originally Posted by london_ladyX
Hey thanks for all the replies

Wow wee $9000 crazy money but totally worth it!

Hey yes done all the research ages ago in his field of sheet metal work and air conditioning going by the points system we qualify
I work in admin at moment but also fully qualified Personal Trainer and class instructor which I know neither qualify so would be from my partner job.

If skilled is more difficult, what other ways or visas are there?

Good to know about not needing to holiday there. I do have friends in Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth & Sydney so have a pick of places to stay while get settled depending on where want to live?

At moment it's between Melbourne and Brisbane from my research and from hearing from people I know but welcome any ideas and tips?
$9k is just a drop in the ocean compared with the whole expenditure you will incur in the process of moving and getting established - just think that you'll lose about £50k in the process and you won't be far wrong. I hope you do find its worth it but I wouldn't be moving without a permanent visa and a good job opportunity and don't burn any bridges by keeping your home, taking a career break etc. if you like it you win and if you don't like it you can move on.
Old Nov 15th 2014, 8:30 am
Just Joined

amy1985 is an unknown quantity at this point

that's one thing i was wondering about. the cost of emigrating. I too am looking at making the move in a year or twos time once i have gained some work experience as a nurse with my husband and little girl. I was hoping to move sooner rather than later but from the feedback from the forum there's limited graduate nursing jobs.
Old Nov 16th 2014, 8:13 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amy1985
that's one thing i was wondering about. the cost of emigrating. I too am looking at making the move in a year or twos time once i have gained some work experience as a nurse with my husband and little girl. I was hoping to move sooner rather than later but from the feedback from the forum there's limited graduate nursing jobs.
I know you've asked about this in the Oz forums, but seeing as you're also interested in Canada, I thought I'd post this link which is useful reading - http://britishexpats.com/forum/canad...canada-735341/ Post no. 24 is particularly worth paying attention to, as Minimeeze is also a nurse that moved to BC, so her costs include the registration/exam fees.

Don't forget that for Canada, you'll need to show a certain amount in your bank account (iirc, for a family of 3 it's around $19,000) when you apply. That's supposed to cover you until you find a job in Canada (it's considered by most to be far too low), and won't include all of the costs to get to that stage.

HTH, good luck with wherever you decide!
Old Nov 16th 2014, 8:42 am
Just Joined

amy1985 is an unknown quantity at this point

thank you for the reply and the link. i think it is good to have enough money to float you for 6 months. yes im looking at both. im leaning more towards oz as i have family but im mindful of my husband as he struggles with dry heat