Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hi to everyone...

Hi to everyone...

Old Jul 2nd 2008, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

SilverH is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Hi to everyone...

Just wanted to introduce myself.... My OH and I are in the process of applying for skilled migration. We have two children aged 4 and 2. We have been to Aus on a WHV and have decided to make the big move once and for all, after applying and then deciding not to go last year, we decided the reasons for staying weren't that good afterall so are now determined to go through with it.

Glad to meet you!

Old Jul 2nd 2008, 5:42 pm
Finally in Melbourne!

ittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really nice
Default Re: Hi to everyone...

Originally Posted by SilverH
Just wanted to introduce myself.... My OH and I are in the process of applying for skilled migration. We have two children aged 4 and 2. We have been to Aus on a WHV and have decided to make the big move once and for all, after applying and then deciding not to go last year, we decided the reasons for staying weren't that good afterall so are now determined to go through with it.

Glad to meet you!

Hi SilverH and welcome. At least you have been and experienced it before hand. There are many on here (me included) who have never been Good luck with your application
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ittakesages
Hi SilverH and welcome. At least you have been and experienced it before hand. There are many on here (me included) who have never been Good luck with your application
Thanks... its still a nerve wracking experience despite having been before. We have applied for my OH's skills assessment with the ACS and hope to apply early August. He is sitting his IELTs at the end of July so hopefully it will all come through in time.
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 6:15 pm
Finally in Melbourne!

ittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really nice

Thanks... its still a nerve wracking experience despite having been before. We have applied for my OH's skills assessment with the ACS and hope to apply early August. He is sitting his IELTs at the end of July so hopefully it will all come through in time.
My OH had to have his skills assessment with ACS. It didn't take too long, although it seemed it at the time. When we first started applying all we wanted to do was pass with ACS and the medicals (we were both a little overweight ) We applied for the visa in December and passed the medicals in Jan and it's been a very long wait ever since. Mind you, there are plenty of people who have been waiting a lot longer than me
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ittakesages
My OH had to have his skills assessment with ACS. It didn't take too long, although it seemed it at the time. When we first started applying all we wanted to do was pass with ACS and the medicals (we were both a little overweight ) We applied for the visa in December and passed the medicals in Jan and it's been a very long wait ever since. Mind you, there are plenty of people who have been waiting a lot longer than me
Wow thats ages! We were hoping to move October next year! I have no patience for this whole process. I mean ... how long does it take for someone to say .. yeah on paper everything looks fine.
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 6:35 pm
Finally in Melbourne!

Wow thats ages! We were hoping to move October next year! I have no patience for this whole process. I mean ... how long does it take for someone to say .. yeah on paper everything looks fine.
Don't worry. We applied at the worst time really. Last September the criteria changed for applicants which meant that there was a huge surge of applicants in August trying to beat the deadline. We just got caught up in the bottle neck really. Also, since September last year, you have been able to apply online which also should speed things up going forward. They are currently processing November applicants now and seem to be firing them out this week so fingers crossed it won't be too long for either of us
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 11:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Good luck to you with your visa applications! It sure is a waiting game but one worth playing!