Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

HELP!!!! Think I've Invalidated my Xray!!!!!

HELP!!!! Think I've Invalidated my Xray!!!!!

Old Dec 1st 2006, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

zenamethyst has a brilliant futurezenamethyst has a brilliant futurezenamethyst has a brilliant futurezenamethyst has a brilliant futurezenamethyst has a brilliant futurezenamethyst has a brilliant future
Default HELP!!!! Think I've Invalidated my Xray!!!!!

We got xrays done today - never saw radiographer just the asst who did them and we came back an hour later and the consultant had sorted form and checked xrays

Got home and opened my envelope with form to see if all ok - don't think I should have done!!!!!

Have I really stuffed up???

Has anyone else done this????

Going to be a long 5 days until medicals as it is!!!!!!
Old Dec 1st 2006, 5:27 pm

bjbrian has a spectacular aura aboutbjbrian has a spectacular aura aboutbjbrian has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: HELP!!!! Think I've Invalidated my Xray!!!!!

Originally Posted by zenamethyst
We got xrays done today - never saw radiographer just the asst who did them and we came back an hour later and the consultant had sorted form and checked xrays

Got home and opened my envelope with form to see if all ok - don't think I should have done!!!!!

Dont think you need to panic.
Unless the doc is unfriendly then you will be ok.
The DIMIA will be worried about getting their envelope UNOPENED however so dont touch the one from the doc. Normally you dont even get to see it as doc has to send it directly.
I would suggest you just put this one back as it should be. However I am no expert so...

Brian.
Old Dec 1st 2006, 6:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmmm.... yes you shouldn't have opened it! I don't know how strict the regulations are- can you fix it back together so you can't tell it's been opened?
Or put it in a new, identical envelope?
TBH I expect most docs are not that suspicious of the xray envelope and will probably open it without checking, but I think it is supposed to be sealed by the radiographer and then only opened by the doc.
It might depend how nice your doc turns out to be! Although if the xrays are clearly labelled etc then I don't see how it could really be a problem.
I hope it is all ok for you though - let us know how it turns out!
Old Dec 1st 2006, 8:29 pm
We're here and it's fab

Mark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to all

Hi - we had our medicals and x-rays last week. We were told not to open the envelope as it would invalidate the x-rays. Even the doctor didn't open them when we had our medical. There was a letter attached to the outside of the envelope from the radiographer saying that the x-rays were normal and I believe they were sent to Sydney still sealed. Sorry, probably not what you want to hear.
Old Dec 1st 2006, 10:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zenamethyst

Got ours done in Glasgow and the radiographer handed them to us unsealed to take to the doc in the afternoon. We were having a good laugh as to which way we should have been looking (upside down etc) Gave them to doc who asked US!!!!!!!! if they were ok. Nobody ever told us they had to be sealed. Don't worry, you'll be fine
Old Dec 1st 2006, 11:17 pm
Forum Regular

Matt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to behold

We picked up our X-rays and forms and the envelope wasn't sealed. We had a good look at them. Nobody seemed to mind (including the doctor doing the medicals). Don't think I'd worry too much.

Originally Posted by framac
Got ours done in Glasgow and the radiographer handed them to us unsealed to take to the doc in the afternoon. We were having a good laugh as to which way we should have been looking (upside down etc) Gave them to doc who asked US!!!!!!!! if they were ok. Nobody ever told us they had to be sealed. Don't worry, you'll be fine
Old Dec 1st 2006, 11:58 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by framac
i second this. we had a look but didnt have a clue what i was looking for lol
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 12:55 pm
Ben and Dede

bredennis has much to be proud ofbredennis has much to be proud ofbredennis has much to be proud ofbredennis has much to be proud ofbredennis has much to be proud ofbredennis has much to be proud ofbredennis has much to be proud ofbredennis has much to be proud ofbredennis has much to be proud ofbredennis has much to be proud ofbredennis has much to be proud of

Don't worry. We had our x-rays done in Glasgow and my wife opened her's (was sealed) and I freaked... "That's our Australian dream stuffed etc etc etc"

She closed the envelope and it so obviously had been opened. Gave them to the doc who opened the envelope and never bothered.

PHEW!!!!!!!

We're heading off to Oz next month with our permanent residency so do not panic! Plenty of that to do later while waiting for your visa and selling your house etc.

Ben
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 1:03 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok can i ask a stupid question here?

X rays -

I have a cracked rib from a horse riding accident years ago, didn't know i'd done it til a good few years later when I had a car accident and they had to x ray my ribs as I had bruising and was told I had an existing cracked rib, can only think it was when i got thrown from a horse and landed on ribs first straight on a railing, will this cause any problems for our PR visa????

An another silly question does anyone know what you can get refused entry on from your medicals?????
Just so I can rule ou that it doesn't affect us i'm hoping?

Jen
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 1:10 pm
Ben and Dede

bredennis has much to be proud ofbredennis has much to be proud ofbredennis has much to be proud ofbredennis has much to be proud ofbredennis has much to be proud ofbredennis has much to be proud ofbredennis has much to be proud ofbredennis has much to be proud ofbredennis has much to be proud ofbredennis has much to be proud ofbredennis has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by JenJen

X rays -

I have a cracked rib from a horse riding accident years ago, didn't know i'd done it til a good few years later when I had a car accident and they had to x ray my ribs as I had bruising and was told I had an existing cracked rib, can only think it was when i got thrown from a horse and landed on ribs first straight on a railing, will this cause any problems for our PR visa????

An another silly question does anyone know what you can get refused entry on from your medicals?????

Jen
Have you got TB or some other nasty chest disease? If not x-rays will be fine. Are you likely to cost the Aus govt something like $50,000 in 5 years in medical costs? If not... chill out and have a .
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 1:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

X rays -

Jen

WOuldn't worry about an old cracked rib, what they are looking for is TB or lung cancer or something like that.
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 2:18 pm
Account Closed

Nice one thanks guys, breathing a sigh of relief.

Jen
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

Matt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to behold

JenJen
You need to chill about these medical things. They really are nothing unless you've got a life-threatening disease - in which case you should worry about that rather than your medicals.
No-one will care about a cracked rib. Take your X-rays to the doctor, smile, tell him what you're doing, he'll have a quick look at you (in our case he listened to our chest and looked in our ears!!) and then he'll take some blood. And that's that.
Keep smiling

Nice one thanks guys, breathing a sigh of relief.

Jen
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 8:54 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Matt Sabin
JenJen
You need to chill about these medical things. They really are nothing unless you've got a life-threatening disease - in which case you should worry about that rather than your medicals.
No-one will care about a cracked rib. Take your X-rays to the doctor, smile, tell him what you're doing, he'll have a quick look at you (in our case he listened to our chest and looked in our ears!!) and then he'll take some blood. And that's that.
Keep smiling
No it's just we've only just sent off all the paperwork, I had no idea what they would be looking for with regards medicals or x rays then saw this thread and thought oh my god we obviously have to tread carefully cause if an opened x ray document can stop you getting in what does that mean about the medicals and xrays etc themselves but it's ok alls good not panicking now

Jen