Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

HELP : Shipping tools

HELP : Shipping tools

Old Jul 15th 2008, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

Hotton has a spectacular aura aboutHotton has a spectacular aura aboutHotton has a spectacular aura about
Default HELP : Shipping tools

I am a Carpenter and joiner and have a small lock up come Workshop
i am at present pulling all the junk out and scratching my
head what to get shut of and what to ship i have my own hand tools i will take.
the power tools 240 and 110v i have i think the 110 will stay
and the 240 will ship
Has anyone taken and wished thay had not
Has anyone left them and wished thay had taken??

Iwill be in Sydney before November
Old Jul 15th 2008, 1:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP : Shipping tools

Originally Posted by Hotton
and the 240 will ship

I think your right about leaving the 110v stuff behind unless you want to use it at home. In Perth all tradies use 240 v and i'm sure the rest of Oz is the same. My mate brought his 110v stuff and we had to move his tool box last week weighed a ton and he lugs it everywhere. IMO a waste of time and totally impracticle on site. But definatley bring everything else. You get all the good makes here but why replace if what you have works for you.
Good Luck

John
Old Jul 15th 2008, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

Hotton has a spectacular aura aboutHotton has a spectacular aura aboutHotton has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by nickyjohnt
I think your right about leaving the 110v stuff behind unless you want to use it at home. In Perth all tradies use 240 v and i'm sure the rest of Oz is the same. My mate brought his 110v stuff and we had to move his tool box last week weighed a ton and he lugs it everywhere. IMO a waste of time and totally impracticle on site. But definatley bring everything else. You get all the good makes here but why replace if what you have works for you.
Good Luck

John
Thought of decided on leaving the 110 kit painfully i add , but The word
Magpie in my case should be on my back
Its prob going to cost an arm and a leg but do thay have trend
there or is most makita dewalt .
Old Jul 16th 2008, 2:33 am
Forum Regular

rodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond repute

Thought of decided on leaving the 110 kit painfully i add , but The word
Magpie in my case should be on my back
Its prob going to cost an arm and a leg but do thay have trend
there or is most makita dewalt .

no trend if you need any special router bits like the one for the hinge jig bring some with you
I get them sent over from watford but takes a while
loads of dewalt makita and most of the others
Old Jul 16th 2008, 9:13 pm
Just Joined

lamburn is an unknown quantity at this point

and the 240 will ship

Hi im moving out to perth in august on pr visa, i visited there last yr, 110 volt tools did not work so 240v is ok you just have to change the plugs, hope this is of help, good look with the clearing out.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 10:33 pm
Account Closed

Funky Monkey is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi .

Another question is how clean do they need to be? I have heard people say spotless and by this do they mean jet wash them down, it sounds a silly question but I have heard some bad stories about cleaning e,t,c most tools get hard to clean dirt e.t.c hence the question.

(Hi John
Old Jul 16th 2008, 10:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

homewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud of

i brought a drill, very ingrained with dirt - i did clean it but it didnt look clean... it all passed through ok
Old Jul 17th 2008, 6:10 am
Just Joined

lamburn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Funky Monkey
Hi .

Another question is how clean do they need to be? I have heard people say spotless and by this do they mean jet wash them down, it sounds a silly question but I have heard some bad stories about cleaning e,t,c most tools get hard to clean dirt e.t.c hence the question.

(Hi John
Hi they say you can use jays fluid so when they go near the boxes they smell it and dont bother normally opening it, but you could just wash them down because my husband has just washed his down he is a joiner, my brother in law used jays fluid they say either ok, its just pot luck as to which box the open if any.