Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help with plumbers gas fitter making the move to oz

Help with plumbers gas fitter making the move to oz

Old Jun 1st 2017, 7:07 pm
Just Joined

Vic06 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help with plumbers gas fitter making the move to oz

Hi there me my husband and my 2 children are looking into making the move to oz (perth) Abit u sure where to start tbh, my husband's a gas fitter and plumber here dors anyone no if his qualifications from the uk would be ok over in oz??? I'm a beauty therapist but I'm sure that's alot easier to get jobs. Any advice info of schools life, housing and jobs would be appreciated
Thanks in advance xx
Old Jun 1st 2017, 10:29 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help with plumbers gas fitter making the move to oz

Originally Posted by Vic06
Hi there me my husband and my 2 children are looking into making the move to oz (perth) Abit u sure where to start tbh, my husband's a gas fitter and plumber here dors anyone no if his qualifications from the uk would be ok over in oz??? I'm a beauty therapist but I'm sure that's alot easier to get jobs. Any advice info of schools life, housing and jobs would be appreciated
Thanks in advance xx
Australian Government Department of Immigration and Border Protection is where you start. Look at the skills assessment info. If he thinks he can pass that's step 1. Everything else is secondary and not relevant if he can't get a visa.
Old Jun 8th 2017, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

jon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond repute

im a plumber gas fitter and am doing my skills assessment part here in the uk. if your husband has an nvq level 2 or 3 then thats ok but you still have to do a skills assessment here. then if you get accepted for your visa, in aus you have to a year as a trade assistant (apprentice type thing) and re train as a plumber to get the aus qualifications.

not only that but i have a friend from uk who lives in perth and hes saying theres a bit of a recession going on atm. but if your like me you wont let that put you off

hope this helps
Old Jun 17th 2017, 7:43 pm
Just Joined

Vic06 is an unknown quantity at this point

Aww only just seen this thank u. Yh it don't put us off 😁x